• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reset abilities cooldown but NOT the items cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I trying to create an ability that resets the hero skills cooldown, but it doesn't affect items. In other words it resets all hero abilities cooldown, but NOT the items cooldown. There are consumable items that must have it's cooldown. How do I make that?

pls don't say it's impossible!

Level 3
If you remove a hero's ability, then readd it the cooldown is refreshed. So if you remove all the heroes abilities then readd them, all the unit's abilities will be refreshed.

Level 19
why do you remove abilities
Remove items on cast and re-add them :/

Last edited:
Level 3
That would work nice with standard abilities but the problem is that the hero has to relearn the level abilities. Also loses skills points.

Base the hero ability off some item abilities like attack bonus (with 0 bonus damage). This way you can see the icon when learning the ability, but you won't see it when you have the ability. Giving the hero the ability then setting its level based on what level the "hero ability" is (kind of like how purple said) after first learning the ability and removing the ability you "use" is what you need to do. If you have tome of retrainings, you should have it remove the abilities to when the item is used.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
sry haven't logged on for about 3 days, ty for quick reply.

I see, so ResetUnitCooldown action is out of question. Just remove and relearn the heroes abilities and add attribute points. That simple, huh?

PurplePoot said:
I don't see why Set Level of Ability wouldn't work, though.

So I can also use this action on hero abilities? (Haven't tried it) Doesn't the hero have to learn it's ability first?

This item can be used by any hero, so the trigger must also know the unique abilities it removes and give them the same ability they had before in same levels. I'm not sure how I would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.