• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making the spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
OK I read the FAQ and according to it you cannot reset the cooldown with triggers. What i need is to make smililar to the Refresher orb that resets the spell just like in DotA.

'The only way to reset specific spell cooldowns is to remove the abilities that you want to reset and add them back in. '

1)It should work instead of reset cooldown but how? What triggers to replace and add the same skills?

Or another possibility:2) is there a way to make the Tome of Retraining unlearn all your spells even when your spells' cooldown hasn't finished so that it clears the cooldown in some way (maybe it is possible)?

Pls help with one of these 2 ways that can work.

Level 7
You really didnt need to close my other thread since what i wanted was to reset the cooldown of all spells of 1 unit and it is done with triggers.

And i did it myself:

E: Unit- A unit Begins casting an ability.
Con: (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to ('YOUR CASTER UNIT')
Con: (Ability being cast) Equal to (Reloading)
A: Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for (Target unit of ability being cast)

The result: my unit which is a robot repairer uses 'Reloading' and thus resets all the cooldowns of the hero robot. Thanks myself.

Sorry for doubleposting

Level 6
There is a flaw to each way you make this ability. It can never be done properly.

1. Place it as Begins Casting
2. Place it as Starts Effect

When begins casting, it will reset the cooldowns, just by clicking it alone, you reset all the cooldowns, and the mana cost of the ability is not affected.

When starts effect, it resets the cooldown of the ability itself. So, naturally, you can't have a foolproof way out of it...

Level 11
And that part is written in the FAQ. Are you blind or stupid? I told you to read it. Oh, and as for the action, you should've mentioned that. What almost everyone understood from the other thread was that you asked if it was possible to reset the cooldown of a separate spell, and not of all of them.

Thread closed once again and if you restart one more on this stupid theme without reading the FAQ, you are being warned. And change your attitude. And state your problem more advanced. Tell us what exactly you need, what you don't know... If you didn't know that event it meant that you had NO IDEA what spellmaking is. And you should have pointed that out.

Thread closed!

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.