1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sentinel

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Since starcraft 2 is coming out soon, i thought i should start the releasing of my long-since private halo models while people still have use for them, starting with the forerunner sentinel.

Note that this is the first animated model i ever did, and it is not in the same standards as my other unit models. It is though still a very useful resource for anyone who wants to make a halo map, or other map that uses robotic units.

Also note that the large filesize is due to that the texture used for this unit is the same texture used by practically all my other halo models and doodads, and if you are planning to include those aswell (will be published later), it WILL pay off.
The sentinel model itself is only a staggeringly low 36kb.

Have fun with this, and don't forget to give credit!

Keywords:
Halo, forerunner, sentinel, robotic, guardian, sentry, space, machine
Contents

Sentinel (Model)

Reviews
22:53, 28th May 2010 DonDustin: the mesh is really great, but as Misha already pointed out: the walk animation looks very boring. I really think you should think about a way to make it look a bit more interesting. DonDustin: bah....whatever. It is...
  1. 22:53, 28th May 2010
    DonDustin: the mesh is really great, but as Misha already pointed out: the walk animation looks very boring. I really think you should think about a way to make it look a bit more interesting.

DonDustin: bah....whatever. It is still good enough

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Lemme check this one... :3

EDIT: pretty robotic movements i can see.. but it looks flowing enough :3
    My only concern is the walk animation, which could do with a bit more vivid movement or something that shows the thing is goin' somewhere...

and the texture is interesting.. all those unused parts kinda give a sneak peek and a teaser :p

3. Scythy Dervish

Scythy Dervish

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Wow Ilike this :D

Looks great

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dondustin, i can see how this model would look slightly better through levitating some up and down in the walk anim, but if you tested it ingame, it does have blue ribbons leaving engine trails, and i don't have the time nor resources to do any further edits to this model, i am sorry. I do appreciate you being constructive though.

And to Misha, I guess robotic movements mean good, since this is - infact - a robot. :)

5. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So does this mean you have completely scrapped the project?

6. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nah, only that if i ever consider redoing it, it would be for SC2. WC3 is simply not capable to preform what i had planned for the map while still being playable on b-net.
    I would be doing new, more detailed models then, and those would have no other use than to be uploaded here.

7. Alfagar

Alfagar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Great!

8. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    And thus begins the complete hegemonic domination of machine models

9. Lungdrache

Lungdrache

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool!I wanted to use this in my map.

10. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Har har har... Starcraft II isn't going to deliver what it should. I doubt it's going to be ground-breaking, and I'm also questioning whether it will work on my comp or not.... Maybe I should try to get a beta key for a test, and the fact that campaigns will be seperate pisses me off... Your better off ________ it.

How are those WWII models coming along btw?

11. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Starcraft will be different in the way it is capable of handling UI, turrets, movement, and cameras without the problem of delayed synchonization on battlenet. Also, it supports new texture layers that warcraft does not, namely specular lighting and bump/normal mapping, which would make it so much more fun and visually rewarding to model.

The ww2 project is doing nice, but i am currently waiting for James to log on back to solve some issues. I also have little time to model now, until i finish school on the 11th of june. :)

EDIT: Having the campaigns separate simly means that more content will be brought into the game, and it might also solve issues that come up through community feedback. The campaigns will be at much reduced prize compared to the original game, so don't worry.

12. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well if I do get it I will probably ______ the campaigns.

13. Teaspoon

Teaspoon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    God I hate those small bastards! They wre a pain in the ass on legendary :S Anyways, good job and it'd be cool to see more halo stuff here on THW.

14. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, this is epic. BTW, its movements ARE robotic, it's a robot which FLIES.
    Go play Halo.

15. blek121

blek121

Resources:
    Resources:
    ÄNTLIGEN! OMG YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS <33333333333333333333333333333 :p

16. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol etzer, he didn't judge it as bad just because it looked robotic, he was posting critisism, and you don't have to be rude about it.

Thank you all for the comments, however :)

17. De.Facto

De.Facto

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting robot, indeed! It's too bad about your halo-project. Would've been awsome to see it finished.

Well, keep looking forward. (;

18. EvilGlich

EvilGlich

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Man, i have been searching for Halo Models for ages, all i could find was a Grunt, and Various Wepons, that i cant be bothered figuring out how to put onto a unit, unless i have Halo Models, and if your still going to bring out all your Halo Models, have you considered bringing them out in a Pack, much like the 40K one brought out by :Burning_Dragoon5

19. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, i actually have. I am at least more than ready for a halo weapons pack, but all the doodads will be released in a sample map. They are too many and some too simple to be released individually.