• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searching for an old ORPG map! Please help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Fellow Warcrafters!

I am looking for a really old rpg map (i think i played with it back in 2008).

Some information:
-It was an open rpg, with a "wow-like" 3rd view (camera followed the player.
-The character selection was solved with a different camera angle, like in Diablo II. It was really well designed.
-The game started in a town , where there were some vendors.
-It had a save/load feature
-It had quests
-There were different regions, with world bosses.
-The game was really hard to play alone. I died multiple times, and respawned in town.
-I have only memory pieces :( but I remember that there was a big "lich" world boss.

Any information would be appreciated!

This seems incredibly generic although I think there is still some vague hope of finding it if you manage to remember more or just playtest a bunch of old RPGs.

Do you think it was a big name or popular RPG at the time or just something you found and decided that you really enjoyed? Obviously this question is a little bit subjective.

I think there are a lot of RPGs on Warcraft III and very little of the information you provided is identifying of any particular map above the others in a way that could be used in an automated search. Maybe later I can write a program to pick out maps on my computer that contain units with the Lich model that are scaled larger than a certain size, but I'll have to be at my computer to do that and I might forget.

Level 1
This seems incredibly generic although I think there is still some vague hope of finding it if you manage to remember more or just playtest a bunch of old RPGs.

Do you think it was a big name or popular RPG at the time or just something you found and decided that you really enjoyed? Obviously this question is a little bit subjective.

I think there are a lot of RPGs on Warcraft III and very little of the information you provided is identifying of any particular map above the others in a way that could be used in an automated search. Maybe later I can write a program to pick out maps on my computer that contain units with the Lich model that are scaled larger than a certain size, but I'll have to be at my computer to do that and I might forget.
Thank you for your reply! After I posted this thread, I think I have found the map after searching through like 100 pages of "RPG" titles on epicwar. It was TEMPEST-RPG, which was discontinued after version-N.

However I encountered a new problem, that I can-t open the map (when I start the game, I got dropped back into lobby with blank error). I wanted to play with the map on the old W3FT, however I also tried to start it on reforged. I tried some commonly-suggested methods too (change title name or map path, or trying with different patch). Also checked a "single player unlocked" version but it did not work either :(

If you have a suggestion or a working solution for my problem above, I'd thank that.

Status
Not open for further replies.