• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SD Sylvanas Banshee in Reforged Style

This is an SD sylvanas banshee in the Reforged Style made upon request for Teruke late at night on a public discord channel.

Hopefully it might be useful to somebody! Give credit if you want or edit it in any way you want or whatever.
Contents

SD Sylvanas Banshee in Reforged Style (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very cool remake of the reforged model for classic. I love the detail and the particle effects. Works in-game and performs well.
Someone complained that this model was not working on the old Patch 1.26 era versions, and so I became aware that it refers to the file path "Textures\FelHound.blp" which only exists on newer Reforged versions (and maybe Reforged prepatch, didn't check) so for users of the old client, I made a version that refers to the correct texture path "Units\Demon\felhound\felhound.blp" that is present on the old client. It should be included above as an option.

Edit: The Patch 1.26 version also still works on Reforged because of file aliasing, so realistically if you want you could just only use that one version for everything. If you don't see it above, that means I've consolidated the two.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I'm very pleased this exists; SD-ifying Reforged models is something I'm a fan of, and I love Forsaken/Sylvanas stuff to boot.

Aesthetically, though, I have to say I'm a bit 'eh' on the shape & wrap of the weird back tentacle things; I get the feeling they are supposed to be more like tattered ethereal vestiges of her form, rather than big corporeal 'thingies' ala the Felhound.