1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Banshee Sylvanas

Submitted by Engkanto
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
One of the first few models i have ever finished. This is how i envisioned Sylvanas when she was made into the first banshee.

UPDATE: Huge upate

Keywords:
World of warcraft, wow, sylvanas, windrunner, sylvanas windrunner, banshee, banshee queen, queen, banshee sylvanas
Contents

Banshee Sylvanas (Model)

Banshee Sylvanas (Model)

Reviews
[img] [img] Misha [img] 29th Jul 2013 Moderator's Review: okay.. the whole lower part of the model, aka that skirt, is terribly static, leading to a rather weird 'dislocation' in the death anim, wouldn't it be better if ti was rigged to a few...
  1. [​IMG] [​IMG] Misha [​IMG] 29th Jul 2013
    Moderator's Review:

okay.. the whole lower part of the model, aka that skirt, is terribly static, leading to a rather weird 'dislocation' in the death anim, wouldn't it be better if ti was rigged to a few more bones of the legs? or maybe the edges of the skirt should have something that lifts them up a lill bit because of that mass of particles beneath?
    second thing; she wears a hood, yet she has an animation where she " strokes hair?" through the hood? Oo i don't think you need that animation..
    third thing; the particle count on that 'cloud' beneath her is way too high.. try to reduce it around 60-70. and also the particles mysteriously 'vanish' in the walk animation

looks like a cool model, but needs more work on it.. :) oh and, fix that line on her chest and tummy, so it isn't seen

19:32, 22nd Jan 2014
    Kwaliti:

Lower-most part of the robe is still unrigged. Fix that and it's approvable.

2. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well-done and cool sylvanas model. like the special effects, too. 5/5

3. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I never realized that the banshee is the undead 'counterpart' of the human sorceress.

The idea is nice, but the execution is a bit overused. Maybe you might want to use different texture for the face and perhaps tweak the particle effects a tiny bit.
    Oh, and fix the internal name.

4. Adaethus

Adaethus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, tested the model ingame, here's a few things that you could change/fix, nothing major however:

1: There's a strange "seam" in about the middle of the torso, this is a minor glitch though and may be caused by the texture itself, it is a tiny bit distracting.

2: I personally don't approve of the sorceress portrait animations, it may just be the camera angle though, this is just another tiny thing that isn't much to worry about.

3: The particles look very strong and only come out of the end of the robes, the banshee models have the purple haze starting higher up and being a little less on the strong side.

4: During the dissipate animation parts of the robe remain completely visible as the model floats upwards which looks a bit off, another thing is that ghostly models seem to have a different kind of death/dissipate (lich, banshee, I'm looking at you...) so a different kind of death animation may suit better.

All of these points are very minor however and are of course, up to you to change or not to change, the model functions nice as it is. ;)

5. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Pros & Cons
    +Nice idea
    +Looks good
    -I think hat the polycount is a bit to high for this model

Suggestions
    The cap would look better if the bottom of it was pointed slightly upward, which will make it look better and unique. (Because of the paritcles "Clouds" Which will push it up).

[​IMG]

Rating
    4.5/5
    Comment
    Looks nice and I guess its useful.

Attached Files:

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Woah... Excellent point.

Ooh, not just aesthetically, but in terms of gameplay; the Sorceress & Banshee are both offensive support-casters.

~~~

This is pretty great; nice and simple, would make a great generic Forsaken caster as an alternative to the Banshee. Some of the above changes can only make it better. Good luck!

7. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd start with these.. this gal looks a bit too simple to me, could need a lill bit more 'flavour'

8. Shade Da Scout

Shade Da Scout

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    stand channel->spell based on "aerial chaclwefassf"=melee cast range, huge dps, disable.
    I will suffocate you with my breasts!a manly death.
    oh god why...

cool anims, but maybe you should do something about that line on the front
    unless it represents a scar or something :p

9. DeuceGorgon

DeuceGorgon

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    banshee sylvanas with sorceress face... :D make her face like sylvanas--

10. Go'el

Go'el

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I love it :D

11. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good one for cinematic or campaign involving Sylvanas.

12. Adaethus

Adaethus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I kinda wish she had more flowy robes like banshees normally do, but there's nothing really wrong with the model.

The death animation seems to look really awkward still and the dissipate animation should be like an undead hero's.

13. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Agree!
    Indeed that face is too sorceress-ish:(
    And that too, those particles are wayy to big.
    Otherwise can be useful for cinematics featuring her as a banshee.

14. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I rather like this update; very interesting. I think the first one was good too, but this is definitely improved (I think; hard to remember the last one since it was so long ago :p).

That being said, I'm worried about her being a "Hero"; she's just not got that "heroic" feel (nor nearly enough animations). Moreover, even if she was a Hero, she's Undead & so would need the Undead Dissipate (skulls & streamers & such). On the contrary, with her animations the way they are & SFX and such, she'd make a great unit (like I said earlier, a fantastic Forsaken caster as sort of an "alternate/fleshy Banshee"). Could we get a tweak to that Dissipate (just reverse the direction & speed, and rename it "Decay" and you're good : ).

Also, I love the creative Team-Color (looks nice & somber, but I'm worried about seeing it in-game (especially with all those flashy SFX that look so cool).

But good update; even better because it's been so long (many modelers just let their old creations rot in the dust).

15. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Love it!