• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Banshee Sylvanas

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
One of the first few models i have ever finished. This is how i envisioned Sylvanas when she was made into the first banshee.

UPDATE: Huge upate

Keywords:
World of warcraft, wow, sylvanas, windrunner, sylvanas windrunner, banshee, banshee queen, queen, banshee sylvanas
Contents

Banshee Sylvanas (Model)

Banshee Sylvanas (Model)

Reviews
Misha 29th Jul 2013 Moderator's Review: okay.. the whole lower part of the model, aka that skirt, is terribly static, leading to a rather weird 'dislocation' in the death anim, wouldn't it be better if ti was rigged to a few more bones of...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
29th Jul 2013
Moderator's Review:

okay.. the whole lower part of the model, aka that skirt, is terribly static, leading to a rather weird 'dislocation' in the death anim, wouldn't it be better if ti was rigged to a few more bones of the legs? or maybe the edges of the skirt should have something that lifts them up a lill bit because of that mass of particles beneath?
second thing; she wears a hood, yet she has an animation where she " strokes hair?" through the hood? Oo i don't think you need that animation..
third thing; the particle count on that 'cloud' beneath her is way too high.. try to reduce it around 60-70. and also the particles mysteriously 'vanish' in the walk animation

looks like a cool model, but needs more work on it.. :) oh and, fix that line on her chest and tummy, so it isn't seen

19:32, 22nd Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

Lower-most part of the robe is still unrigged. Fix that and it's approvable.

Level 9
Alright, tested the model ingame, here's a few things that you could change/fix, nothing major however:

1: There's a strange "seam" in about the middle of the torso, this is a minor glitch though and may be caused by the texture itself, it is a tiny bit distracting.

2: I personally don't approve of the sorceress portrait animations, it may just be the camera angle though, this is just another tiny thing that isn't much to worry about.

3: The particles look very strong and only come out of the end of the robes, the banshee models have the purple haze starting higher up and being a little less on the strong side.

4: During the dissipate animation parts of the robe remain completely visible as the model floats upwards which looks a bit off, another thing is that ghostly models seem to have a different kind of death/dissipate (lich, banshee, I'm looking at you...) so a different kind of death animation may suit better.

All of these points are very minor however and are of course, up to you to change or not to change, the model functions nice as it is. ;)

Pros & Cons
+Nice idea
+Looks good
-I think hat the polycount is a bit to high for this model

Suggestions
The cap would look better if the bottom of it was pointed slightly upward, which will make it look better and unique. (Because of the paritcles "Clouds" Which will push it up).

attachment.php

Rating
4.5/5
Comment
Looks nice and I guess its useful.

Attachments

• Untitledll.png
    Untitledll.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 10,082

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Frankster said:
I never realized that the banshee is the undead 'counterpart' of the human sorceress.
Woah... Excellent point.

Ooh, not just aesthetically, but in terms of gameplay; the Sorceress & Banshee are both offensive support-casters.

~~~

This is pretty great; nice and simple, would make a great generic Forsaken caster as an alternative to the Banshee. Some of the above changes can only make it better. Good luck!

Alright, tested the model ingame, here's a few things that you could change/fix, nothing major however:

1: There's a strange "seam" in about the middle of the torso, this is a minor glitch though and may be caused by the texture itself, it is a tiny bit distracting.

2: I personally don't approve of the sorceress portrait animations, it may just be the camera angle though, this is just another tiny thing that isn't much to worry about.

3: The particles look very strong and only come out of the end of the robes, the banshee models have the purple haze starting higher up and being a little less on the strong side.

4: During the dissipate animation parts of the robe remain completely visible as the model floats upwards which looks a bit off, another thing is that ghostly models seem to have a different kind of death/dissipate (lich, banshee, I'm looking at you...) so a different kind of death animation may suit better.

All of these points are very minor however and are of course, up to you to change or not to change, the model functions nice as it is. ;)

Pros & Cons
+Nice idea
+Looks good
-I think hat the polycount is a bit to high for this model

Suggestions
The cap would look better if the bottom of it was pointed slightly upward, which will make it look better and unique. (Because of the paritcles "Clouds" Which will push it up).

attachment.php

Rating
4.5/5
Comment
Looks nice and I guess its useful.

I'd start with these.. this gal looks a bit too simple to me, could need a lill bit more 'flavour'

Level 9
I kinda wish she had more flowy robes like banshees normally do, but there's nothing really wrong with the model.

The death animation seems to look really awkward still and the dissipate animation should be like an undead hero's.

I kinda wish she had more flowy robes like banshees normally do, but there's nothing really wrong with the model.
Agree!
banshee sylvanas with sorceress face... :D make her face like sylvanas--
Indeed that face is too sorceress-ish:(
Maybe you might want to use different texture for the face and perhaps tweak the particle effects a tiny bit.
And that too, those particles are wayy to big.
Otherwise can be useful for cinematics featuring her as a banshee.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I rather like this update; very interesting. I think the first one was good too, but this is definitely improved (I think; hard to remember the last one since it was so long ago :p).

That being said, I'm worried about her being a "Hero"; she's just not got that "heroic" feel (nor nearly enough animations). Moreover, even if she was a Hero, she's Undead & so would need the Undead Dissipate (skulls & streamers & such). On the contrary, with her animations the way they are & SFX and such, she'd make a great unit (like I said earlier, a fantastic Forsaken caster as sort of an "alternate/fleshy Banshee"). Could we get a tweak to that Dissipate (just reverse the direction & speed, and rename it "Decay" and you're good : ).

Also, I love the creative Team-Color (looks nice & somber, but I'm worried about seeing it in-game (especially with all those flashy SFX that look so cool).

But good update; even better because it's been so long (many modelers just let their old creations rot in the dust).