• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satchel

Its a man purse!.... no, a satchel! to finally explain how your hero has an inventory.

made to fit the villager modal as every other attachment is. Once more not guaranteed to work on other models but you have full permission to adjust it.

(UPDATE: adjusted to use in game skins and re-skinned/edited by MiniMage)

You are not allowed to edit my model or call it yours, and please give credit to me and MiniMage if used in your map!

Thank you.

Keywords:
Bag, Purse, Manly, Satchel, Case, Carry, Container
Contents

Satchel (Model)

Reviews
05:54, 29th Apr 2014 MiniMage: The filesize is too big for such a model. Ingame textures can be wrapped to reduce it to an acceptable level. A stand animation must also be added or else it will bug when you try to attach it. 07:17, 1st May 2014...

M

05:54, 29th Apr 2014
MiniMage: The filesize is too big for such a model. Ingame textures can be wrapped to reduce it to an acceptable level. A stand animation must also be added or else it will bug when you try to attach it.

07:17, 1st May 2014
MiniMage: Alright, nice that you're happy with my tweaking. Hope you learned from looking at the model. If you want a couple of modding tools, I can provide it for you. I've had a pastebin link I tend to give to beginners, got basically everything you'll need to mod. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Anyhow, the model works, the filesize has been compressed to minimal levels, so approved.

Level 14
After looking at the skins I could not use the bandit one but maybe the priest, although not without significantly decreasing the quality and redoing some portions of the model.

I could make a much smaller version of a satchel if file size is a problem for some but i wanted it to look good so this one will stay.

if you looked at the model in the editor, you might see why using these textures on it would not come out well.

ty again for your comments and if people want a small file size satchel than i could make one. :ogre_hurrhurr:

The model is great and all. But the size, even for a singleplayer map, is just too big for it to ever get used. It is very much a niche attachment with only a few uses.

I think it's a good idea if you made a lower sized one if you reluctant on changing this model's size.
Then again, I still believe you will hear the same from a moderator.

Level 14
maps can get a bit over 8 mb's in size, which is more than 8192 kb's.

if you were making a rpg style map, this would be very useful and while i do agree it is a bit big, there is not much i can do to reduce the file size without decreasing quality, which is not extremely good as it is.

I might make a much smaller version that might be around 10 kb, but it wont be nearly as good. : )

(made a smaller version of the skin/model as a test that comes up to 33 kb, but it does have a lot less detail)

Last edited:
Level 26
Hmm.. The satchel, swedish slang call it a "Gay Sling". Because no straight man wants to be caught with it.

Maps can become a lot larger than 8mb. You can use a limit remover and make the whole thing unstable. But what we're looking for here is efficiency.
If something can be made smaller in filesize yet retaining the same level of detail. You should do that.

There's plenty of ingame textures that you could use to wrap this thing.
I can give you a list of quality ingame textures that would lower the filesize and still retain quality.

Last edited:
Level 6
"How many times do I have to tell you it's a SATCHEL not a PURSE!" - from idk
I give your model an Indiana Jones out of 10.