• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Running into some issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey All,
Just looking to get some assistance in regards to a problem I've run into in the map I'm developing. I've created a custom unit which is considered a Unit and not a building, but can train units. However, the bar that usually displays the queue for which unit is being trained does not appear when you train a unit. Is this because it isn't a building? (Only doing this to rotate buildings in directions necessary for the map).

Also, another issue I've run into is that in the Map Editor, I've painted an area of terrain with blight, however, once the game actually starts - the blight disappears and is replaced by dirt. I gave the buildings in the area the Blight Growth ability, still nothing - and then even used a region to give the area the blight effect through a trigger, still nothing. I do have some buildings which still don't have the blight growth effect, but they don't possess blight dispel either - what could be causing this?

Much thanks in advance to everyone who can provide some insight into to these issues.

Sincerely,
Adorm

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Hey All,
Just looking to get some assistance in regards to a problem I've run into in the map I'm developing. I've created a custom unit which is considered a Unit and not a building, but can train units. However, the bar that usually displays the queue for which unit is being trained does not appear when you train a unit. Is this because it isn't a building? (Only doing this to rotate buildings in directions necessary for the map).
Only buildings should train units, otherwise bugs like this happen. You can achieve rotatable buildings with an ability called "root" from the night elf trees. There is a field that enables rotating. You can hide this ability, if you want.

Also, another issue I've run into is that in the Map Editor, I've painted an area of terrain with blight, however, once the game actually starts - the blight disappears and is replaced by dirt. I gave the buildings in the area the Blight Growth ability, still nothing - and then even used a region to give the area the blight effect through a trigger, still nothing. I do have some buildings which still don't have the blight growth effect, but they don't possess blight dispel either - what could be causing this?
It sounds like one building is dispelling the blight. I can't find another reason why blight would turn into dirt. If I recall correctly dispell can also remove blight, but only if no building that creates the blight is nearby. Maybe dispell only works against that item though.

Level 4
The only building I could imagine doing that are the Circles of Power I'm using, I guess a workaround would be to have different custom unit that generates blight for that area. Any idea if it is possible to remove the ability of a building to clear blight that it has built in? Also thank you very much for the advice with Root that sounds like a fantastic solution - would I just hide the ability by checking something in the Object Editor on the Unit?

* It it for certain that it was the Circles of Powers, I was able to overcome the issue by applying a small blight growth to them. However, if there is any known method to remove the unseen ability of buildings to dispel blight - then that would be the most efficient option *

Last edited:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
would I just hide the ability by checking something in the Object Editor on the Unit?
Button position 0, -11 for the newer patches
Warcraft III - Patch 1.28

Disabled spellbook for all patches.

The only building I could imagine doing that are the Circles of Power I'm using, I guess a workaround would be to have different custom unit that generates blight for that area. Any idea if it is possible to remove the ability of a building to clear blight that it has built in?
Before doing anything you have to find out what causes the problem. You could start by deactivating all triggers, then remove one building after another that is nearby, etc. Eventually you will find what causes the problem. Then you should be able to act accordingly or ask again how to fix it. It is important to know, if it's a trigger, a specific building/unit or whatever that causes the blight to be removed.
There is actually a blight bug, that at the edge of preplaced blight, you cannot build undead buildings (I think it's only one cell though). Another problem with blight is in maps, that are very big (bigger than 256x256 I think)

Level 4
Yeah, it's not any of the triggers though - none of them work with that kind of thing. And as mentioned I just solved it - but thank you very much for the input and advice! (As well as for the solution to the button layout!)

Status
Not open for further replies.