• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions about Blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings,

I have been a long time lurker of this site for general mapping help but I have some questions about Blight.

I am currently making a small independent map similar to Castle Fight and Nexus Wars for myself and my friends and I would like to use Blight as a unit function (Similar to how the Queen in Nexus wars spreads Creep) however I have run into some complications.

Is there any way to make Blight only apply to ally units? It seems like unlike creep which can tell between friend and foe Blight is standard across everyone regardless of side which means making a Queen like unit could also be a benefit to enemies.

Level 14
Actually, creep in Starcraft 2 allows both enemy and ally units to move faster on it. Just look at Desert Strike on the custom game list - it isn't rare for a Zerg player to hijack the enemy creep highway to get quick travel to the other end of the map.

As for Warcraft 3, Blight is a Terrain type, and as such you can't actually detect who owns it. Aside from complex triggering, this can't be done with a simple method.

Level 1
Actually, creep in Starcraft 2 allows both enemy and ally units to move faster on it. Just look at Desert Strike on the custom game list - it isn't rare for a Zerg player to hijack the enemy creep highway to get quick travel to the other end of the map.

As for Warcraft 3, Blight is a Terrain type, and as such you can't actually detect who owns it. Aside from complex triggering, this can't be done with a simple method.

Originally I was thinking of Hero Attack, I don't play enough of Sc2 so I didn't realize that that was not the normal way creep functions.

Use the blight as visuals. Use a modified endurance or unholy aura to boost the movement speed as both can be made to only effect friendly units.

I will give it a shot, thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.