• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few questions about Blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Well, if you make a terrain type comparision, Blight won't show up among the possibilities.
If you deblight a blighted area the original area type will come back.
So, even though I always think about blight as a terrain type, I don't think it really is.

But it's kinda irrelevant to your problem. I don't see how did this come up when you wanted to restrict construction around a building, there are other, much easier ways to do that.

Level 13
couldn't you just check if a building is within the range of another building wenn its built
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit is ordered to build sth
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • if targeted point is within 800 of your building do nothing, else do order triggering unit to stop
not quite sure if these things exist, i guess they do, if not try checking it when the unit starts building, that has to work

Level 17
Well, I don't know about that item method and I never heard about that map, so I won't suggest that.
But you could use something like this:

Whenever a unit is ordered to build something check if it is farther away from your "certain building". If it is than order the unit to stop and show the player an error message saying that he tried to build to far away from your building.
The problem with this: there will be no visual indication of the maximum building distance.

An example way to have a visual indication (a little bit more work):
Give your builder a mana pool of ten for example and decrease it when the distance between your builder and building increases. OR give your builder an aura ability, there are nice ones in the models section when he comes in range of your building and take it away when it goes out of range.
Or whatever, these are just simple ideas, use your imagination to pimp them out to your liking.

Level 2
And you can show the radius allowed by giving your building a big selection circle equal to the buildable radius.

Status
Not open for further replies.