• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elven Blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Is it possible to replace the blight with a new type of blight?
I was thinking some kind of nature-magic-grass-type-of-blight...
Kinda like the ground is under Night Elven buildings.. Would it be possible to take that skin and "paint" the blight with it?

Level 2
im just thinking outloud here so i dont know if its exactly the look that you want but could you use a trigger such as:

• Event-unit-a unit finishes construction
  • Condition-(unit type of(triggering unit))equal to tree o life (or whatever building you want)
  • Action-change terrain type at(possition of(triggering unit)) to Ashenvale-vines using variation -1an an area of 3 and shape of circle
That would create a kind of blight effect for all the buildings you put the trigger on, but it wouldn't do the thing where undead can only build on blighted ground-but for the night elf race-so it would just be for decoration.

hope this helped. ^^

Level 10
im just thinking outloud here so i dont know if its exactly the look that you want but could you use a trigger such as:

• Event-unit-a unit finishes construction
  • Condition-(unit type of(triggering unit))equal to tree o life (or whatever building you want)
  • Action-change terrain type at(possition of(triggering unit)) to Ashenvale-vines using variation -1an an area of 3 and shape of circle
That would create a kind of blight effect for all the buildings you put the trigger on, but it wouldn't do the thing where undead can only build on blighted ground-but for the night elf race-so it would just be for decoration.

hope this helped. ^^

The trigger works fine! The reason I need this is that every building has a kind of aura that has a range as far as the decoration is, so players can see where the aura is.

However, how do I do to remove the terrain when the building dies?

you just make your own custom blight skin and import it using the file path of the blight.

however then only that type of blight will show up and you cannot use a different kind.

The terrain "Ashenvale - Vines" that is in the game, is it possible to use that terrain to replace the blight with?

Level 2
The only way i can think of removing it is using the same trigger but for, that unit dies and using the same terrain as there was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.