• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Really wierd Blight Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys,

Im using the Jass newgen world editor and as most of you know it allows you to create map sizes beyond the cap of the normal editor.

Today i expanded one of my existing maps to 480x480 from 256x256. It worked great and all seemed to be fine, until i tested it...

For some reason now, as undead, i cannot build my buildings on top of blight, it reckons i need blight in order to build even though im hovering the building over the blight and the shade for it is even in green!

The wierd part is, when i reduce the size of the map back to 256x256, it WORKS FINE!!! Its only when i expand it, does it NOT work.

This is by far the wierdest thing ive run into haha.

Anyone else know anything about this or how to fix it even?

Thanks

Level 4
Sorry, but isn't it my business if i want my map to be 480x480 or not, this doesn't solve the whole blight issue which is occurring when the map is 480x480.

Level 4
We aren't forcing you to not make a 480x480 map, and no need to be rude, and finally, the 'only' point that you should've HAD to answer was my question

I wasn't being rude, so sorry if it came across that way.

From the beginning, i made the map as a 256x256 in the normal world editor. Up until recently when i acquired the newgen editor and i expanded the map/ camera bounds to 480x480.

This centers the terrain on my map after expanding the bounds.

The wierd part is, that if i retract the bottom left hand corner back towards the already completed terrain, it will work.

Its very strange

Level 4
Haha thats the thing, on a brand new 480x480 map it works fine!

I just dont get it! Ive tried removing all the triggers and things like that, but nothing works.

Is there an easy way to export all of my map settings into a brand new 480x480 map?

Last edited:
Level 4
ok update:

I exported ALL of my map settings to a folder. Created a new 480x480 map and imported all of my map settings from the folder into the map.

I got it all working properly after a good half hr. triggers didnt want to work so well, but finally got it working.

I tested the map and undead were able to build buildings (HOORAY!).

However, i then reduced the camera bounds to fit my original map size (which is like 256x256), and the same fkn error occured! Building require blight to be built even though there is clearly blight there!

I have a huge headache now.

Level 4
I heard that the modification for terrain by JNGP can cause issues when exceeding 256x256.
And yeah, for real, it's rare for it to be used.

Yeah true that.

Is there perhaps a workout around i can do via triggering? Maybe remove all the blight requirement from the undead buildings and then detect whether the building is being built on blight or not?

Level 9
I've suffered a few errors when using jass pack's Warcraft and not editor try running the map in normal warcraft 3 and edit it in jasspack editor you'll still suffer from errors if you test with jass pack just save it into warcraft 3 map folders then go from there and that should do it if you're unsatisfied with doing that perhaps try running the editor and the warcraft 3 jass pack in administrator mode good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.