• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Can't figure out source of blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I can't figure out what's causing blight to spawn here. There isn't even a single building that can spawn blight on the map.

blight1.png
blight2.png

Where does the additional blight in image #2 come from? It should look like image #1 ingame.

Level 4
I was trying to solve your problem but unfortunately I wasnt able to do it.
It seems like the blight trys to create circles and fills up empty space inbetween.

My best try was sneaking invisible units with blight dispel onto the map. They were only able to remove the blight but only in a radius of 3x3 plus, same with the Victim skull Item from the undead store.

If there is a solution without using Jass or something Im not aware of it, my last idea is using a different type of terrain and disguise as the blight.
Warcraft III Viewer
I havent worked with this programm but it looks like it could do the job.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Blight purposely expands in a noisy and random way. This was an attempt to make the terrain degradation look more natural as opposed to the perfect circles one gets for creep in StarCraft and StarCraft II. One has to expect it to do unexpected things. The only thing one can rely on blight doing is the terrain becoming completely blight if surrounded by enough of the stuff.

Level 5
User LordDz claims the following:

To have blight not spread, you need to have two tiles between the blights, blights less than 1 tile away from each other connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.