• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Blight Bug - Can't build Undead Structures in Blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm having this urgent problem, I've been making a 480x480 melee map and used JNGP to allow me to use 15 tilesets in the map. But after testing it out I noticed that I can't build undead structures in blight, giving me the message that I can only summon them in blight, as if it didn't recognize blight as "blight", but for some reason, the computer has no problem building on blight. See pictures below to see what I mean.

wc3scrnshot_071016_022651_0-jpg.242631

%C2%A0-png.242632

I've tried setting the tilesets back to default, but to no avail it would not work, this is a serious problem since if I can't fix it, the entire map would have been for naught.

Last edited:
Level 6
I tried placing a few spots of blight via terrain editor and then trying to play it as normal on wc3 and it wouldn't even start the game at all.

It's late to look around more for me (I'll do tomorrow unless someone else beats me), but all I know about the tilesets is that generally you save the map before modifying tilesets and then close/open map once you're done (at least that's what I did to get it working, as far as I can remember).

Level 2
I suggest you make all the UD buildings buildable on both blighted and unblighted ground in the object editor, and to make trigger what will stop player from building things on the unblighted ground.

I've tried setting the tilesets back to default, but to no avail it would not work. I even attached the map in this post to try it out yourself too, this is a serious problem since if I can't fix it, the entire map would have been for naught.
The thing is JNPG while adding tilesets - breaks tiles sometimes and if tilemap is broken - returning back won't fix anything.

P.S. For the gods sake, what's the point of such a big map?

I've got a solution,
Go into ''Advanced'' and click ''Game Interface'', scroll down until you see in-game text and search for the ''You can only summon on blighted ground'' message, replace this with just nothing. To remove the warning sound however, I'm not an 100% sure, but I think almost certainly it will be there to in either Gameplay Constants or Game Interface.

Level 14
I suggest you make all the UD buildings buildable on both blighted and unblighted ground in the object editor, and to make trigger what will stop player from building things on the unblighted ground.

The thing is JNPG while adding tilesets - breaks tiles sometimes and if tilemap is broken - returning back won't fix anything.
I found out it seems to be the map terrain size what bugs the map, it saddens me that it is unlikely that Blizzard would patch such a strange bug in the future.
P.S. For the gods sake, what's the point of such a big map?
12 player melee blizzard maps feel too squishy at full house, (Fuck you Emerald Gardens), Ice Crown is 3v3v3v3 intended and Divide and Conquer is RoC based, I wanted to give the feeling of a 1v1 for every player due to the open space they'll have to explore around and not feel threatened to be attacked in every corner by other 11 armies.

Status
Not open for further replies.