• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[RPG][Game Play]random npc giving gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I was wondering when i fix some bugs in my map, i was somehow remembered to kindama(or kendama?) the ghost of money from japan
It travels trough japan to spread money (something like giving you 'free' money with defeating the 'fighters')
So i was wonder
If this feature implemented, would be player overpowered in money?
I have this in my mind:
When kindama appears, it will ask you, 'how much'
Then you say (type in chat message) the amount of money you want
Then, the kindama will disappear and then showing 3 different enemies:
the first one is the strongest, it has 10x attribute from the hero
The second one is the moderate, it has 5x attribute from the hero
The last one is the weakest, it has 1/2x attribute from the hero

If the player defeat the first one, then kindama will give the full amount of money you desired
If the player defeat the second one, then kindama will give 1/4 from the amount of the money you desired
if the player defeat the third one, then kindama will give 1/12 of the money you desired

Beware, trough kindama you can be rich, or die at the same time
The amount of money you desired will determine the ultimate skill of the first, second, and third monster, each of them deal 10x total attribute, 5x total attribute, and 1/2x total attribute

So, sound your opinion on this one!

Level 10
or I could also had level restriction like level 1~10 can request up to 6000 gold and 11~20 can request up to 10000 gold. Also some suggestion, you could make items which increase the amount of gold allowed to request. For example, player take item X at level 20(10k gold). The item increase the amount of gold can be requested by 2k, the result would be he can request up to 12k gold.

Level 17
Yeah, something like that
Ok, thanks all
I have made my conclusion
The gold will be determined by the level of the player, even if he request larger gold than he can afford, the kindama still give the challenge to him, but the balance is:
For each 10 gold add 1 attribute to the first monster
For each 20 gold add 1 attribute to the second one
And for each 50 gold add 1 attribute to the third one

So player can eventually die for accepting the challenge from kindama if he choose the hardest, and the biggest prize

I think you should make it so that the player has to select the amount of money from an array of values. He'll select them using a dialog. This way, you can find ways to balance it more ;P

If you're going to stick with your idea, you should make it so that the higher his chosen amount, the greater the stakes are. For example, If I chose 12000, it should be a risk for me. If I lose, you could throw me in some dungeon or force me to complete a quest before I could continue the game, or even remove one of my items (It has to be an expensive one)

Status
Not open for further replies.