• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Sneak peak incoming.

full

Level 19
Maybe they'll switch sides if you pay a fee. Iike the mercenaries they are.

Rath wont have avenge right. Right?

Level 10
Hortnog left the other clans, and a bunch of darkmind members to die to the imperial regiments. For some gold.

What I meant here was that if the Darkmind Clan leader learnt about that, that Goldaxe warrior in the cutscene, and the other ones in the horde, are about to have a big problem...

Level 19
And because I am generous like that (or maybe because I want to confuse you?), ANOTHER sneak peak incoming.
(same chapter still btw!)

Well well, so there is the darkmind clan, the goldaxe clan and the bloodhand clan on that mission instead of all Darkmind? However that´s just an outpost and no hero, they´ll be a breeze.

So we´ll fight at least 3 clans (unless the ironthunder clan joins the fight too), we have to rescue aedale, and Van durce soldiers are there too? Huge map and tons of enemies.

Level 11
Well well, so there is the darkmind clan, the goldaxe clan and the bloodhand clan on that mission instead of all Darkmind? However that´s just an outpost and no hero, they´ll be a breeze.

So we´ll fight at least 3 clans (unless the ironthunder clan joins the fight too), we have to rescue aedale, and Van durce soldiers are there too? Huge map and tons of enemies.
and don t forget the golden guard outpost

Level 4
Inconsistent? most of their dialogue refer aedale as captured woman/girl. then suddenly blen mentioned her name randomly.
is this their first meeting or do they know themselves (aedale and blen) for a long time?

upload_2020-11-9_5-0-35.png

Level 22
Read the new short story.

That Grandmarshal sounds like he's very slowly planning a rebellion and defection.
I would personally focus on defeating the demons first if I was in his place, as they are ultimately a far more serious threat. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he can't find a possible way to attack them without taking the kingdoms first. Or maybe he's planning to attack both of them but we don't know it yet.
Talking about the kingdoms; Rengar, Kerrel will probably take the brunt of the offense, the former due to being objectively the easiest to conquer and the latter due to the Imperials probably landing there again.
Zyainor will be in a very bad state, but should hold on for a long time. Aridon may or may not help with that. Same for the Tribal Dominion.

ocured -> occurred
well disciplined -> well-disciplined
separating -> separating
extend -> extent (more correct in the context of the sentence)

Level 19
So. Year 20 of Zyainor Calendar is when everything will be a mess. Tons of things happening at the same time.

This Grandmarshal could be some relative of the older imperial soldiers, maybe even Merlon.

would personally focus on defeating the demons first if I was in his place, as they are ultimately a far more serious threat.
That made me think. Could he be the Older Souleater Legion Master, since we know nothing about him, he just dissapeared. The name is illegible, maybe because he dont know how to write human names properly. Destroying Kerrel and Rengar and making tons of demon gates in order to the rest of his Kind to flank Zyainor.
Use every human he have at his disposal to weaken Zyainor and the Tribal Dominion, then using the demon gates.

Aridon may or may not help with that. Same for the Tribal Dominion.
Both Aridon and the Tribal Dominion will defend their lands, Amari cant help Gardon openly and Aridon dont care at all about what happens to the imperials, they are not part of his precious balance.

Level 22
Could he be the Older Souleater Legion Master, since we know nothing about him, he just dissapeared. The name is illegible, maybe because he dont know how to write human names properly. Destroying Kerrel and Rengar and making tons of demon gates in order to the rest of his Kind to flank Zyainor.
Use every human he have at his disposal to weaken Zyainor and the Tribal Dominion, then using the demon gates.
Possibly.
Based on what was said in the short story "Espionage", no demons seem to support a new invasion, so not many would ultimately follow him.

Both Aridon and the Tribal Dominion will defend their lands, Amari cant help Gardon openly and Aridon dont care at all about what happens to the imperials, they are not part of his precious balance.
Aridon won't need to defend anything. The spell he used to seal the Dead Mountain instantly kills pretty much anything that tries to enter it.
The Imperials may not be a part of his balance, but they can potentially drastically affect it.

Level 7
Aridon won't need to defend anything. The spell he used to seal the Dead Mountain instantly kills pretty much anything that tries to enter it.
The Imperials may not be a part of his balance, but they can potentially drastically affect it.
A damn shame he doesn't realise balance will right itself, not the other way around.

Level 10
A damn shame he doesn't realise balance will right itself, not the other way around.
Yes, usually after couple thousand species vanish into thin air. I suspect Aridon has one specific state of balance in mind, with specific species still existing.

Level 7
Luckily orcs are not part of Aridons balance, so... maybe Aridon could bro up with papa Redfist on this one :D
Nope, he did not need to and he certainly won't: Redfist is much too twisted for him to accept any partnership with Aridon, much less the undead. :nemor:

Level 19
I am going to quote something that has been hidden behind closed doors for years now.

So redfist rejected an alliance with undead to put the orcs to end?
Calling Aridon little Lich, savage.

So when Aridon said that mortals do what he want sometimes was AFTER get rejected.

And that also means that the redfist factions cant cooperate with almost no one. No other human factions and no undead.

Level 16
When is the next update, Shar? Can't wait for new maps. Also, on the next missions where there are Demonlords, will a "conversion" mechanism be introduced (Vanguard and Deathlord)?