• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 7
Shar I had a problem, I recently downloaded again the second orc book to see if the campaign is complete. When I'm always playing the campaign of which there are base buildings, my peons suddenly changed to clockworkers. Its strange cause I can't build burrows and the ai are always overproducing this shit. I already deleted my last saved games. Hope to have a solution for this

Shar I had a problem, I recently downloaded again the second orc book to see if the campaign is complete. When I'm always playing the campaign of which there are base buildings, my peons suddenly changed to clockworkers. Its strange cause I can't build burrows and the ai are always overproducing this shit. I already deleted my last saved games. Hope to have a solution for this

Do you research Mechanized Warfare?

Level 3
Damn finally pass the ch4 yesterday,type the guide soon,only it is possible with the healing fountain.

Used 3week to try already

First,after the patch,2 change is important
1.the fountain of health
2.invasion of right hand side Demòn is enhanced

And the initial gold Mine is 30000
We need to build up 80food unit army,most important thing is 12 arcotyes for chain lighting,you will number it with 3.others are golem and grunt.

The second is build up the base tower defense on left direction
You will leave a space in the entrance ,build around 30 towers,but important is it will cover with lumber mill.lumber can absord the damage and block the elites from smashing the towers

There are 3 serious vital damage to the towers
Capulets,elites,star fall

So you have to use the combined units to deal with them
Chain lighting,hero skill rock throw ,sleep,and towers

Your army will laid behind the coloums towers,once see the elited ,use teams 3 chain lighting to shot the elites,the enemies will chase you,and the grunt and golems to absorb the damage while the enemies eating up arrows.also,the elves rangers will use star fall when mutlipe units,so stun her or sleep her.and the golems and grunt will destroy the Capulet with easily beat.when your unit is nearly die,pull them back to health fountain.

The attack waves will include the grey and pale blue combined ,and the purple it's own.purple relatively weak compare to the former one,but be care full to shock wave if the knight hero that can damage multiple towers .You will find the interval for rest to refill uNits and towers

Around 40mins,as mentioned before,the blue royal army will be crushed by demons since they are weak and not enough towers,this optional quest will be finished without your doing.the gold Mine is around 12000 while you should have the 3000 gold at hand,80 units and 40 towers .Time to build a tower hall there ,move 1 hero 10 units to there and mass 15 towers at once with around 8 peons minimums.
You will use the base 42000 gold Mine for finish the Mission,so plant 30 towrer and use the barracks as the cover blocking demons to hit your tower.

So it is time to hit the purple .You will also set up the tower spam on the road they visit you regularly.set 30 towers there to lock down the area.purple can't keep threatening you with the attack,but it's defend force is still strong.you need to accumulate 3000gold at hand,ready for filling up the 100units rushing,and 4 phases to eliminate the purple
1.the blue knights around 10 and one barracks
2.the towers guarded with elites
3.the Ares knights inside the base
4.the remaining unit

Every time You will use the hero to lure the purple out and let them eat the arrows.

The central base are overwhelmed by the grey and pale blue,but it is not matter anymore because no gold Mine there,you can use the barracks on the below continue to produce units,the right base still offering you gold Mine

The red and another regime is not need to deal with while spending your golds and units,and the. Gold mine will not be useful for you,since the Demòn will hit your base and peons.

Actually the rangers base can be destroyed,but grey will attack your new base there too,so it is not beneficial to do so
And if the red and ranger base gone,the demons will rush your base too

Thanks you for the patch

Attachments

• 2d16a8035aafa40f9e3a7cd2a564034f79f0192c.jpg
    2d16a8035aafa40f9e3a7cd2a564034f79f0192c.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Warcraft III 2019-04-04 19-22-26-94.jpg
    Warcraft III 2019-04-04 19-22-26-94.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Level 5
Well well i see that you are back in action shar

I just finished playing the 2nd book took my quite a while tbh cause i played it without cheats ( YES I DID !! )
Really nice plot + the twists, loved the new orcish models and i really cant wait for the next book-project you are up to.

Again good job and keep on the good work

Knights of Kome will endure !

Level 3
Why cancel the dragon Lancer and warlord for sob ,the enemies is so op,but we lack of output unit?

The air form of war mech is good to air unit,but cannot attack land unit,cost you a price and food of knight

And the most junky unit is the airship ,cost 8unit but low attack damage,wasting your money

How did ya play the ch4,8,13?On hard mode?

Well well i see that you are back in action shar

I just finished playing the 2nd book took my quite a while tbh cause i played it without cheats ( YES I DID !! )
Really nice plot + the twists, loved the new orcish models and i really cant wait for the next book-project you are up to.

Again good job and keep on the good work

Knights of Kome will endure !

Last edited:
Level 10
Why cancel the dragon Lancer and warlord for sob ,the enemies is so op,but we lack of output unit?

The air form of war much is good to air unit,but cannot attack land unit,cost you a price and food of knight

And the most junky unit is the airship ,cost 8unit but low attack damage,wasting your money

Because they were a tiny bitty too good compared to the competition, and the unit lists are already choke-full, making them redundant to boot?

And they have a ground for to attack land units. Specialization of the unit along the form taken isn't a crime.

Dunno about other players, but while the Airship's siege attack isn't the greatest, both regarding range and damage, I think their air attack is quite satisfying, and the high attack rate means they can mow down flying units while having the HP to tank them.

Now, I'll admit that playing mainly in Easy mode during macro maps means my opinion isn't the most accurate, but maybe can you try lower difficulty if Hard Mode is that horrible. Campaign remains perfectly enjoyable at lower difficulty.

Level 3
The main problem of sob is ,the sceriano is mostly get surrounded like 1vs3(Ch4,6,7,9,10,14,no allies),3vs8(ch8,13),and the hero and units are weak compare to SHB.
At least in SHB,we have war aura of Gordon,paladin's, destrructors.
SOB Give ya many units but most are dump

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
At least in SHB,we have war aura of Gordon,paladin's, destrructors.
SOB Give ya many units but most are dump
They do have powerful units, yes, but have you ever taken a closer look at the Dominion's section of elite units and casters?
The Orcs have a massive collection of units with quite some use. @Kasrkin even considers their unit selection superior to any in the human Book, hence he kept asking me to further increase difficulty.

Level 10
I agree with that. Shieldbearers are incredible tanks, well worth their resources and food cost, especially with Bearmen, Gnoll or Trolls healers to keep them going, Bearmen and Ogres are also a dangerous heavy infantry, heck Ogre Magi can serve as one with their stats, while buffing you with Roar at the very least, and Hex around if you're good enough at micro, that you can combine with things like Bloodlust, Inner Fire, Amari's aura, Grofzag's roar, Okri's armor buff, Grella AoEs and Big Bad Voodoo... Results are very much deadly (Can talk about the Brute yet because I never picked that choice so far, but what they look like in Chapter 12 tell me they do the job too).

And it doesn't stop there. Golem are a perfectly honest 4 food unit with air attack, Mechas mow down their opposition whatever form is being used, Bloodhound do the job too, and if you want numbers, Trolls and Gnolls can give them to you while supplying 2 food units able to compare with Human ones, with orc units providing a middle ground between these mass number troops and the elites, and again, the casters... you literaly have a caster for all situations long before the campaign ends, what's more to say here?

The only units I don't use too much are Centaurs, but mainly because I do tend to prefer other ones of the list, and a personal opinion that they are at their best with Spiritcaller around, and these ladies are a bit too micro-intensive and Centaur-focused casters for me, but I was still able to see their potential during Map 8 where I sticked with Centaurs for Flammedus' group (personal decision), and it is a potentially potent combination when you can revive your assault force very easily and win by attrition.

Level 3
Shield breaker is indeed good unit,but limit your choice on fob,and it cost you 7units,you won't produce many of it ,the overall of the speed is slow becasbe of heavy infanrry.

If lower some food cost,like the shieldbreaker ,orge overlord is 6,the orgr muffler and elder Bearman is 4,war mech is 3,then it is less difficult to face the endless human waves.

Cant say The orcs army is weak,it has advantage to normal royal army ,but unfortunately it's opponents is insane red fist,golden guard ,which even the footman have critical strike.The ors have many melee tank but don't have eNough DPs unit like elites and templars and stood over a line.The centaur impalers have ,but they are low on hp and soon torn apart when being toughed by enemy melee units

Rangul s heaLing stuff better to leave to Armai before he reach his death,in the coming patch,then the remaining chapter can be deal with less crisis.

Last edited:
Level 3
Redfist took the scepter.
Yes it is on the story,but this staff isn't the unique one on arakin?The fhb ch13,blen grey more also grab one after destroy the castle of genethas.may be can manufacture one .With 1.5%,or find another one

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
but when Adele killed Redfist , she took the Scpter?
Current location: Unknown. ;)
Hey Shar question about one of the orc units, I noticed that normal grunt could not switch anymore to that elite grunt that has 14 armor to the other elite grunt from the first orc book.
You can train one of the two in the Barracks. Which one depends on a choice from the First Orc Book.

Level 3
In which choice will affect the unit?
FoB ch7
Vanseea convinse sargaissm not kill all humans=> shield breaker

Fail=> clan brutes

Soh sob is spending 80%time to kill humans ,10%time for demon,then sod also?

The Demòn is weaker than human?

And no sign of hitting dreadLord lagorth

didnt Orie took his body?
Orie teleport away after Adele killed her father

Last edited by a moderator:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

also i wonder, why we didn't got researchable leadership boni in SOB ......

i really enjoyed it in SHB
Because their leadership boni is the access to every single unit at their disposal. In human book we commanded factions and boosted them accordingly. Here we have all the factions.

I guess the concept looks a bit wonky since Shar removed the unit transformation part. Or maybe at some point we could choose one particular faction for a given chapter and that would affect the plot ( I remember asking this and Shar said it won't have much impact).

Level 1
Will the players ever get to train units that are restricted to AI? (e.g. Purifier and Justicars)

Also, whom did you guys pick as Queen of the Elves?

Level 1
If i remember Shar said those will never be trainable units, don't think he will change that.
About the Queen I for one choosed Larine the Exile :D

Brothers in arms! I did too. She's gonna stay Queen forever because of the enchanted ring and that one time Larine invited Gardon to her little tent. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Not completing the optional quest in Chapter 1 not so subtly hinting at the fact that Lerrig is dead meat in the case where no Golden Guard unit arrive at the end of the map will do it.