• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RoS Terrain Preview!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I realize now I named the thread wrong...terrain showcase (+map) woulda been more correct it seems..but..

Here are some screenies from my newest project I am currently working on with super_pole. All this terrain is playable with a low doodad count, no imports were used! Its a 2nd age lotr map btw..should be comin out within a month or so..

Some of these are a little outdated but its what I had. More detail would have been put into most of them but we really wanted a low doodad count for this map. Terrain is finished so if ya'll like ill show more another time. Please provide feedback for me!

Attachments

• Annumias N1.jpg
    Annumias N1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Annumias N2.jpg
    Annumias N2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Dol Gul New.jpg
    Dol Gul New.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 166
  • DUNLAND 1.jpg
    DUNLAND 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Fornost enter 1.jpg
    Fornost enter 1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 353
  • Fornost Main Zoom.jpg
    Fornost Main Zoom.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 320
  • Isen.jpg
    Isen.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Lindon Main.jpg
    Lindon Main.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 158
  • Lindon Zoom 1.jpg
    Lindon Zoom 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Lindon zoom 2.jpg
    Lindon zoom 2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 3
Oh I forgot about the trees. But those and the catas are the ONLY imports haha, everything else including the walls are all from vanilla wc3. Just modified doodads =D

And yea I loved the silmarillion purple, it was my favorite book of them all i think when it was all over. Lost tales are cool too, the best chapter is definitely in the book of lost tales II about the fall of gondolin..make sure u get there lol

Level 3
Heres a few more, ill actually load them up right this time too ;)

The first screenie of barad dur is actually a WIP by my co-creator super_pole and he is planning on adding rocks and crap to the base to give it a more natural look.

If you guys have any good critiques they would really be appreciated, I know the terrain is not cinematic like most of the stuff posted here. But if anyone has any helpful tips or things they notice that would be great help. Always trying to get better!

Oh and the last screenie is of part of a harad base, but i mainly took it so yall could see what the ngame view is actually closer too, it also can zoom out just a bit there.

Attachments

• BaradDurrr6.jpg
    BaradDurrr6.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Umbar NEWF.jpg
    Umbar NEWF.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Khand.jpg
    Khand.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 174
  • GungaNEWF.jpg
    GungaNEWF.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Duel Arena.jpg
    Duel Arena.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 122
Level 40
I read both the Unfinished Tales and The Silmarillion ages ago, and yeah, The Silmarillion really kicks ass, and Unfinished Tales was nice too.

On another note

Barad Dur -- where are all the orcs and their campfires? :p. Also, the watch towers look really bad beside Barad Dur (horrible size contrast)

Umbar -- Just because the pirates are evil, doesn't mean they would use rotting ships. Also, the Goblin Shipyard doesn't really fit in - the docks from it are at awkward angles, and too short.

Khand -- nice, no complaints.

Gunga (Whatever the heck that is) -- pretty nice, the circle of power could go, though.

Harad -- looks out of place on the minimap (too far north?). Also, the Skull of Gul'Dan doesn't really fit in, and make sure you can get around the giant spiky arena!

Status
Not open for further replies.