• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maglic Lands - Terrain previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay so I am working on a new map and I could need some suggestions for my terrain.

NOTE: The terrain is not 100% completed. The shadows are made-by-hand (using effects ofc), the buildings are also made by doodads (not premade buildings) etc... And the map is a RPG map, just so you know what theme I am going for ;)

Tell me what you think!

Magic_Lands_screenshotid001.png

Magic_Lands_screenshotid002.png

Magic_Lands_screenshotid003.png

Magic_Lands_screenshotid004.png

Last edited:
Level 11
They're pretty neat. I like the indoor house, although it could use some fixing still - to make it really feel like indoors.

The others good so far, although pretty flat and empty, but since it's a WIP you already know this.

Level 9
Yeh thanks :) The indoor screenshot is of a shop (and woodcutting skill trainer) so it's not really a house, just a bunch of items he has created :)

Level 9
Thanks, will do :D And btw, the "wooden outer-wall" is not a wooden outer-wall :D It's a wall for the Warrior training area :) There is a place behind it :p

Level 9
Yeh well I can make the glass smaller but it's meant to be a high-grass full of snakes and such. The end of the world-thing is cus there is a ocean at that place :D

Level 18
I like most of what i see but you might want to consider to replace the wooden walls in the city cause in my opinion they look out of place also it looks rather emty in my opinion. Besides this evry other terrain doesn't look. O and i noticed 1 small thing i see that you added bushes on the second screen near a house or whatever it is but they are on stone wich makes no sense cause bushes dont grow on stone xD

Level 9
Yeh that's true (about the bushes) I'll fix that :D And I will upload a full image of the "wooden wall" area so you understand why it's there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.