• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ivanneth's Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is terrain made by me.
[duh]
First two are Ultimate Terraining Map, the rest aren't. They're made by me, with doodads from Nasrudin.

EDIT:
Added the map of screens 5, 6, 7 & 8. Enjoy. Note that I'm not 100% sure that all the triggers work.
Tell me if they do!!​

EDIT 2: Added three screens made with B2M's RTES models.

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Screen3.jpg
    Screen3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen4.jpg
    Screen4.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 302
  • Screen5.jpg
    Screen5.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen6.jpg
    Screen6.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Screen7.jpg
    Screen7.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen8.jpg
    Screen8.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Droid Wars.w3x
    261.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen9.jpg
    Screen9.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen10.jpg
    Screen10.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Screen11.jpg
    Screen11.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen12.jpg
    Screen12.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen13.jpg
    Screen13.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Level 24
For the first one, you should make a bit of the variation in the road. I mean it looks really bad and unrealistic when you have a straight line of dirt going down, try and variate the shape of it a bit.

And as Craka said, you need to add some more doodads, like some shrubs and grass around the trees would be a good thing to do. Also some crates and barrels around the houses would look good as well.

Level 34
I like the second one and last one. The last one has way more in it then the third. Maybe the third could use the same trees as in the last one. You could add water life to the second one if you want. Might look better.

Level 34
I didn't think they were different, I just meant that in the third screen up at the top it looks plain, it could use a tree or something, the last screen has more in it and looks nicer.

Level 25
Yeah. Trust me, fog makes your map look so much better when it is chosen wisely. To make a brownish/tan fog, go in Scenario>Map Options and then set the fog color to Orange. After you click Orange, select a custom fog after that and start to decrease the Blue and Green colors just a bit. If that doesn't work then decrease Blue and Red instead a little. Fog will go best with Deserts and dry areas.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Looks great, glad to see you've taken my advice to go wild with environment doodads as well. Only advice I have is to make some variation with hills and add more rocks. Perhaps add a river or pond as well. Very nicely done work though! You are improving.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Looks pretty nice, although I dislike the fog. Maybe a blue or a darker green. I agree with Craka, height variation would be nice, but I disagree with the pond, I think everyone (Including me) adds water to almost every terrain. Nice to see a change!

Level 25
I believe that since it is for his FPS map, the First Person Camera can mess up on hills and elevated grounds. I know this problem, I have this problem with my FPS map as well. Therefor, I excuse the lack of hill/height variation. :)
Good luck with your map! Good FPS maps require commitment, skill, and determination when you're making it. However I look forward to checking it out!
~Craka_J

Level 34
I played the map. Not bad I guess, simple. Maybe add heroes, and the terrain wasn't bad at all, but way too repetitive, make different areas. Barrens, forest, jungle. Although the tiles will be less varied or you will have to use WEU, which most people don't recommend.

Level 34
Well IMO it would be much more appealing with different areas, but if don't think so it still is a pretty decent map. Although the game play is not all that great.

Level 15
Picture 1: I really like this one, cool cave effect, and u used mostly "Support column" right?
Picture 2: Idea is good, doodads aswell, except that the gateways to bridge are "tauren style" and the building is "orc style". The terrain variation looks a little bit weird too.
Picture 3 and 4: Great!! Could use more people and more doodads, but good use of buildings.
Picture 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10: I think it's too green, could use some other things too. Maybe peoples and/or animals, and maybe some village. The mountain lack a little variation, but except that, it looks good.

Level 34
I like the second last one, the first of the waterfalls. The last one, the second waterfall, looks very plain in the river and on the shore. I do think it's a tad green, maybe a different fog would make it better as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.