• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stitches' terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I decided to start working on a terrain and opened this thread. I have not made a lot, but I might add new terrains later. This is in fact the first terrain I made for anything else than normal mapmaking. :D

Credits go to:
Thrikodius - Moon model
Tranquil - Lightning model
The Ultimate Terraining Map

Edit: Added more effects and changed fog color, also removed the blur effect.

Attachments

• The Dark Realm II.PNG
    The Dark Realm II.PNG
    785.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Level 18
Thanks a lot guys! :D
I think it would be a better idea to ask some other mappers for help since this is my first one. I got a lot of inspiration from other terrains. There are a lot of terrainers who made a lot more terrains.

Good luck! ^^

Level 18
Thanks, I was wondering how some people got those skies that I couldn't find in the editor. I think you are right about the fog and will try to fix that later.

Level 5
The picture looks kinda blurry some places and the sky looks different on each site of the lightning. I dont know if you wanted it that way just felt like telling ya.
elseway its a nice terrain :)

Level 18
I thought it was a bit empty without the lightning effect D:

Edit: Hm using a dark coloured fog really changes the mood of my terrain. Makes it look like it's night everywhere.
Then it would be dark and with stars on the right and dark with ghost effect on the left.

Would that be better?

Edit II: I changed some things like the colouring and added fog effects, I will place a new one here soon. [PLACED]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.