• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nordrassil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15

Attachments

• Nordrassil - 13th JAN 01 WED.jpg
    Nordrassil - 13th JAN 01 WED.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 2,312
Level 6
An obvious thing is you need to add plants and things, not just trees. Looks too plain...

You could have it so the terrain around the world tree is not just thick grass but changes in certain areas where a light path is from people walking over.
You should also change the undead's color to like grey or brown or something darker, green looks a little funny.

I like the camera angle though looking onto the world tree, and the tree looks good.

Lol and you should hit the letter V before taking a picture or just take the picture in game because i can see a purple/black information cube around the tree.

Level 15
An obvious thing is you need to add plants and things, not just trees. Looks too plain...

I guess. Because most of my terrain is just doodad repetition o.o.

You should also change the undead's color to like grey or brown or something darker, green looks a little funny.

Green is the color used in the campaign, but so was Purple. I'll try a few other colors out then.

Lol and you should hit the letter V before taking a picture or just take the picture in game because i can see a purple/black information cube around the tree.

But then the sky interrupts and makes things look ugly. Felwood was the best I could do, without it looking as bad. And hahah. I didn't notice that cube there!

Thanks for the feedback.

Level 6
But then the sky interrupts and makes things look ugly. Felwood was the best I could do, without it looking as bad. And hahah. I didn't notice that cube there!.

new trigger when melee initialization, remove fog of war, or just go into cinematic mode, apply a camera you've made, and you wont see the cube and yet wont see the bad background...

Level 15
I don't like taking terrain shots in-game. Doesn't look good. Anyways, it was just that information cube, if it wasn't there, would you suspect it was in editor.

Alright, update.

• I've added a waterfall in the background, but it's still pretty plain else. Haven't added much around the tree either.
  • I've added a light path to show the way to the tree and people have walked like you said.
  • Changed the Scourge color to purple.

Attachments

• Nordrassil - 14th JAN 01 THURS.jpg
    Nordrassil - 14th JAN 01 THURS.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 7,543
Level 6
the waterfall is great, adds to it, u could make the path on the right side of the tree a little more natural by not making it a perfectly straight line, as in some of the other terrain grass moves onto the path.

its simple to fix the plain stuff, grab your simple shrub doodad throw some around the tree, take some flowers and put a few in the shrubs, thats all you do, now if u have custom models add variation, but without just use shrubs, flowers, a few rocks, maybe a fallen tree some where, and i like the path, breaks up the blight in front but i dont think we should see the path lead into the stream you know?

EDIT: you could maybe put river rushes in the stream, add some variation but idk, the river is fine for how much u can see of it...
(100th post woo)

Status
Not open for further replies.