• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: Blood and Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4

Jughead Presents

Warcraft: Blood and Bones

Battle For Mount Hyjal

Place: Mount Hyjal
Outcome: Legion victory with heavy casualties on both sides. Defeat of Azerothian Army in Kalimdor. Many Azerothian commanders dead or fled.
----------------------------
Combatants
- Night Elf Sentinels
- Orcish Horde
- Human Expedition
- ShadowTooth Clan
- Barkskin Furbolgs

- Burning Legion
- Undead Scourge
Commanders
- Malfurion Stormrage (Dissapeared)
- Tyrande Whisperwind †
- Shandris Feathermoon (Crippled Permanently)
- Thrall
- Jaina Proudmoore †

- Archimonde

Two years had past since the Legion's Victory at the Hyjal summit.

Thrall, one of the few commanders that survived the battle for Mount Hyjal, leads the remaining mortal armies into Desolace, the valley of the sorrows. He builds the refugee city of Grommond. Where he had held against the demonic oppressors for the past years. The stronghold is now a beacon of hope for all mortals in Kalimdor, and still stands proud to this day.

Destruction of the world tree strips the elves of their former glory, nevertheless, Shandris Feathermoon, the general of the sentinel army leads the Elven Remnants against their enemies, fighting a losing war.

Archimonde, the great Warlock betrays the Legion. With the power of the World Tree now consumed within him, he leads his own personal army against the both legion and the mortal armies, believing that he can take Azeroth for himself. The Warlock's Order is found for these powerful individuals that betrayed the demonic legion for their own selfish desires. After successfully luring Magtheridon, the lord of outland, into the order, the great warlock shuts the demon gates in which once brought the demons into the world. The demonic followers now carefully choose their path of loyalty, or betrayal.

Undead Scourge, taking the warlock's betrayal as their moment, frees themselves from their demonic enslavers. The Lich King's might grows stronger everyday as more lives fall as they move south.

The Grand Alliance is reforged, forces of the Man, Dwarves, Elves, and Forsaken Undeads rallies themselves under the new banner, hoping to reclaim it's former land, glory and secure their existence.

Under the merciless sun, the armies of all existence clashes to extinguish one another. The new age had come, and the closer the world is to the end is never closer before.

Current Stage

: Nothing Done, just a idea

Gameplay/Objective

: 12 player strategy type of map in a rich alternate universe in which the Demons of the Burning Legion had won the battle of mount Hyjal. Gameplay and inspiration heavily inspired by Panther-Anthro's "Glory of the Horde". Many player options that leads to alliances and betrayal. The objective of the map will be to conquer and destroy all enemy bases or just to lag them out.

Armies of War

:
"Burning Legion"
- Burning Legion [Pink]
- Illidan's Servitors [Orange]
*Can ally Feathermoon Senitel and gain Malfurion Stormrage
*Can ally Warlock's Order and gain the Dreanei Hold
- Black Dragonflight [Purple]
*Can ally Gilnean Empire to gain Syndicate bases, Baron Perenolde and Daval Prestor
*Can ally Warlock's Order to gain Alter of Storms, Ahn' Qiraj and Cho'gall
"Grommond & Feathermoon"
- Bastion of Grommond [Red]
- Feathermoon Sentinels [Teal]
"Amani Trolls & Scourge" [N/A]
- Amani Trolls [Green]
*Can ally the Warlock's Order to gain Gurubashi Trolls and Hakkar
*Can ally the Grommond to gain Island Trolls and Vol'Jin
- Undead Scourge [Blue]
"Warlock's Order - Gilneas" [N/A]
- Warlock's Order [Brown]
- Gilnean Empire [Gray]
*Can ally the Reforged Empire
*Can ally the Black Dragonflight to gain Isiden Perenolde and Worgen Spawns
"Reforged Alliance"
- Kingdom of Stormwind [Dark Green]
- Dwarves of Ironforge [Yellow]
- Forsaken Undead & Lordaeron Remnants [Light Blue]
*Can ally the Burning Legion after gaining Lordaeron City from the Scourge to lose all human bases and heroes and gain Undercity (Dreadlords) and Varimathras.

Screenshots

:

Needed Thingies

: Terrain of Azeroth (Maybe? Any offers?)
Ideas and Opinions

Last edited:
Level 3
I like the idea. I think it has a good potential, and that you have made a nice story. But what will make this map unique? Try to make it a bit different from already exiting strategy games like this. Btw,will you use spawns or build units yourself? So try to come up with more details about the game-play, because the story is great. :)

How serious are you about creating this map? And what do you need help with?

Again, this sound like it may become a very good map.

Level 4
The map it self won't be much unique. It's gonna be one of these medicore Panther's choose your spawn kind of map with heroes leading few dozen units. What will make the map stand out will be the little details.

I don't have any real map making skills, but I know how his spawn triggers work and have edited several maps before unofficial and have gotten several good feedbacks.

Im also glad that you like the story, I have a whole lotta other ideas I was too lazy to write up there like a special Forsaken event that when Lord Garithos dies, Master Kassan (Semi Hero), the Chief of the Ruins of Dalaran, will become Lord Kassan, the Grand Marshal. If Forsaken hadn't taken the Lordaeron ruins and joined the burning Legion yet. He (Kassan) will forgive Kael and the Blood Elves and relieve them of their punishment. The player will gain base named "Sunstrider Haven" where blood elven units will be spawned or something like that.

About my commitment to the map, for now It just an idea, to get supports and attention.

Level 3
Could you create a map or something showing where all the armies start and where they spawn units? I think it's easier to see how to balance the teams then. Also it's easier for the one creating the terrain.

About you using the general idea form Glory of the Horde. I think it's ok since it's a very good system. But you might wanna think of something that makes it a bit different.

Level 4
Give me a sec, Im gonna flip up with something.

{EDIT}
Alright done. Check out the Screenshot section give me feedbacks people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Looks like you have thought this through pretty good. However, Forsaken looks a bit to weak, so i would suggest that they have something more. One possibility is of course to make them stronger, or give them more spawns at that area, but i believe that would make it imbalanced.

And then i thought you might wanna add Feathermoon Island for Night Elves. And perhaps make an event where Malfurion return after x minutes, and they gain Teldrassil. Or this could happen if they lose all their other bases. Because i think that every team should have a second chance.

But if you are up to creating this map i think you should make the outlines of the map and see how much space you got. I might be able to help you with some further terraining after that. Anyway I'm impressed by what you have made this far, keep going. :)

Edit: Suddenly thought about how you are gonna transport your units to the other continent. Guess the basic way-gate would be the best option, but what do you think? I also got idea where there are several "landing sites" on each continent. You can use way-gates to transport between these. But to make it all easier there is a base/building besides every landing site, and with these can use a spell to teleport units easily across the sea. These bases can of course be taken over by every team at any time. What do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.