• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi there, never found a forum here about strategies, so this thread will be one for all players of Wc3 to submit their strategies there. Today I will submit an Undead strategy: [(Frozen Throne Expansion!)]
Note: those strategy I submit should be for average players who play as "Random".

First off, make 2 of your workers go to gold mine. Make your ghoul go to the nearest tavern, and take the Tinker when cooldown gets off. Remember not to make any workers before cooldown gets off, because you won' t have enough food to get your hero! While waiting for your hero, make your last worker build: a crypt, a ziggourat, and the hero altar of Undead forces. Next, send it to the mine. Cooldown of the hero should be done now. Tkae it, and bring the Tinker at your base, select the "Rockets" ability as the hero skill. Make two more acolytes and put them at the gold mine. Then, your crypt and ziggourat should be ready now. build 3 or 4 ghouls, and bring them to harvest wood. Now, make other ghouls, for your army. Now, build another ziggourat for extra food. By the way, build a graveyard, also. When it' s ready, create some crypt fiends, and upgrade your town hall. Then, research the "Web" ability in the crypt, and make gargoyls, in number. Rush would have been useful with only ghouls, but my strategy is to make an army of 5 ghouls and hero, and attack, but if the enemy doesn' t reply, apply this strategy. Next, don' t forget to upgrade your units, cause alone they don' t stand a chance. Now, bring your Tinker to level 6 as soon as possible, but you can attack the enemy at level 4 or 5 so you can get Robo-Gobelin (ultimate spell) very early. Now, you will have two options: either, you attack directly the oppenents one by one, either you put your air units (gargoyls) on the side of the enemy' s base while your ground units finish off ground units of your oppenents. Actually, you can product frost wyrms while attacking, and for extra power, upgrade them with "Frost Breath". Remember to never stop building units! If the enemy counters, you be dead if you have nothing to defend yourself! If your oppenents survive to this, then use your remaining units. That should do it. I never lost with this strategy.

Next strateegy: Night Elves.
Laterz.

Level 6
Strategies, Part 2

As I promised, here is my strategy for Night Elves. As I mentionned before, I' ve only played as 3vs3. But it might work on 1vs1. Ps: this is mostly a rush strategy. Ok let' s go:

Get two of your wisps to the gold mine. Get a wisp making the altar of elders, and another one doing a moon well. Next, I HARDLY suggest that you send the last one to the wood. Spawn a few more wisps, have at elast 3 to gold mine and 2 to wood. After you get some wood and gold, your altar and well should be built. If not, wait a bit longer. Choose your hero as you wish, but i suggest Warden or Demon Hunter. Make your wisp who was building the moon well go to gold mine, then make your other wisp build a hunter' s hall. NEVER build hunter' s hall after ancient of war, because you won' t have enough wood for the hall. Or if you want archers for anti air, it' s your choice. After, as soon as possible, make your ancient of war. Make 2 or 3 more wisps and send them either to gold mine or to wood. Then your hunter' s hall and ancient of war should be ready now. Make another moon well, and make as many huntress as possible. Have at least 5 huntress and a hero, creep a little to bring it to level 2 or 3, then make a few more huntress. You should ALWAYS make units, even while attacking: if your oppenent counters, you' re dead if you have no units in your base. If your units are too damaged while attacking, get out of combat. Do not sacrifice your units to let your hero alive. Many units are way more precious than a hero alone. If you cannot smash your oppenent, upgrade your tree of life, make another ancient of war for extra units. Then, as soon as your tree of ages have been upgraded, you might want to do what you want: druids of the talon, of the claw, dryads... I suggest dryads for anti air and druids of the claw for good melee. Druids of the talon can be good when morphed, too, but don' t forget to upgrade nature' s strenght at the hunter' s hall. Upgrade your huntress, too, until at least level 2 of attack upgrade. Upgrade to tree of eternity for your last upgrades, and you can now make chimeras if your enemies are still holding on. Don' t forget, always build units while attacking. Personnaly, I don' t make another hero very often. But if you do, get melee-ranged hero combination. For example: warden and keeper of the grove can be a deadly combo. That should do it.

Ps for last strategy: watch out for harrass, because undead is the most vulnerable to harrass.

Next strategy: humans.
Ps: personnaly, i don' t like orcs: they are very expensive, well their grunts are powerful, yeah... But grunts cost 200$ each, and if your enemy harrass... It hurts a lot when you have only a hero to defend yourself. I will submit an orc strategy when I find one while playing random. It will be the last one.
Ps2: you can write in this thread, it' s made for that.
Ps3: for any comments or anything, mail me at: [email protected]
or private message me.
Laterz.

Level 6
Back.

Hi. I apologize for not returning on the forum for a while, but my connection was down... Okay, let' s continue: Human Strategy:

Get two peasants to gold mine, then make one do a Barrack, another the Altar, and another makes a farm. Get other peasant if you have remaining gold to lumber and make a lumber mill. When barrack, altar and farm are finished, get the Blood Mage, or Archmage hero (depending on your choice). If you take Blood Mage, learn spell as shown: -Flame Strike-Mana Drain-Banish. Banish can be very useful if your hero or valuable unit is under attack, use it and it will be invulnerable to phisycal attacks for a while. Now, for ArchMage, I suggest -Blizzard-Aura-Elemental. Cause mana drains fast. Okay then. Make mass footies. Don' t forget to build farms for food. Build a Forge, also. Then you have the choice with remaining gold: do another barrack, or upgrade your town hall. I suggest upgrading for now on. Okay, now, when you have 5 footies at least, you can rush. But it may fail, so the second part of the strategy goes there: make your hero to level 5 by creeping. Upgrade your town hall again. Make another barrack, and then you mass knights. If your allies make good air or anti air ONLY to support them. If not, then you can have a mix: what I do in that case is a mix of knights, footies, rifles, and sometimes gryphons. Have around 15 units plus hero like this. Around 3 footmen, 3 riflemen, 4 knights, and the remaining units in air should be good to finish the enemy. Remember to upgrade your units, mainly in attack, and that should do it. I never lost with that.

Next strategy: orc (I finally found one! :))
Laterz.
Ps: I repeat again that those strategies should be applied in 3vs3 games, in random race.

Level 22
I see a lot of logic behind your strategies, but out of all the games I've played on b.net...about 90%, wether 1v1 or teams, end in the same manner- 2 minute rushes...people just building a hero and a group or initial units like footmen or ghouls and massing for a rush and ganging up on 1 player at a time. It seems that whoever rushes wins the game. No matter how much you creep or diversify your army, you cant stand up againt early rushes (if you plan on teching any). If you are good at strats, tell people how to fend off or organize rushes, since thats how most people play. I mean, take your undead strats for example. You mentioned building a graveyard, some crypt fiends and web (which included needing the HofD upgrade) for the same price you could get about 10 extra ghouls which a few crypt fiends cannot stop. I am not criticizing you, just giving you some food for thought. :)

Don't get me wrong...I love to play long games against, large, teched up armies. That is how I would prefer to play. But unfortunatly rushing is how the game is played...
-VGsatomi

Level 6
Well

Your critic is understandable, but I never said it waasn' t a rush strategy. Building a graveyard a few seconds before building a crypt allows you to have fiends sooner, and I said before that the undead strategy was only if your allies had melee, to protect them at distance and from air units. I never said that it was a late strategy. By the way, you' re right that it can seem pretty a late strategy. But it doesn' t matter, everyone has it' s own strategies, just submitting mine to avoid being confused, which is very deadly for begginers. Submitting strategies are for the only goal of giving ideas to Wc3 people. Not any more, I won' t kill people if they don' t respect my strategy.

Laterz.

Level 6
Alright

Last strategy, after, I' d expect this thread to die. Orc strategy, still as 3vs3 team play.

Get two of your peons to the gold mine, one does a barrack, another the altar, and the last one an orc burrow. Next, make two or three more peons. Then choose a hero when altar is finished. I suggest either Blademaster or Farseer if you' re rushing, the rest is up to you. Tauren Chieftain can be good as for it' s endurance in later strikes. Ok, then, make a couple of grunts (that means a lot), and make a lumber mill. Next, if you' re rushing, don' t to this part! When it' s finished, if your allies are making mass melee, make a few head hunters for anti-air. Then upgrade your town hall. You might attack with your hero, three or more grunts at least. Or else you' ll get PWNED. Your heroes' spell aren' t important, expect for harrass, then it' s WindWalk for the Blademaster, Spirit of the Wolf for Farseer, and Serpent ward for the Shadow Hunter. The Tauren Chieftain should have either Slam or Shockwave, as the aura is for mass army. Next, if you aren' t rushing, then upgrade again your town hall, make some research at your lumber mill, then you can build another barrack, but I suggest you now: build one or two: spirit altars (thingy for orc casters) if you are mass caster, or bestiary for air or better melee. In either case, the choice is yours. If you are making casters, however, Shamans and Witch Doctors can be good, master them. For bestiary, either Wolves Riders, for a good melee, or Wyverns (Wind Riders in TFT). [I don' t know why they changed their name, stupid...]. Okay, now, upgrade your units at lumber mill if you took bestiary options. You may also build one or two tauren totems, Taurens are good for late games, and you can also make Spirit Walker at spirit altar, in that case, master them (skills). That should be enough, Attack your ennemies now. And never forget, as I said before, and I' ll repeat it again, to make units even if you are still attacking, because if your opponents counter you, you' ll die for sure. Five or more units at your base should be good.

Ps for my strategies: You might run out of gold, so make sure to build one or two expands when your gold mine is about at 2000 gold left.

That' s it, I hope my strategies helped somebody, and I will leave this thread being observed. Don' t forget to PM me if you have problems, you might as well e-mail me if you want help.

Laterz, I hope.

Level 6
Mwhahaha it' s alive!

Hi there, I' m back. Sorry I couldn' t do any strategies, but by the way, I' m back now, and if any of you wants me to post their strategies, or wants to post strategies, or wants me to insert a new strategie for a certain race or anything... ask here, guys! I' m here to play. Wc3 isn' t an easy game, mostly on Battle.Net. Fighting against the computer to increase your experience, isn' t a bad idea, but personnaly, my point on it is that it' s always the same AI [artificial intelligence]. And you won' t stand a chance on Battle.Net, because that everyone has it' s own strategies, the computer has only one designed strategy. I suggest that you create a new map, put a custom AI script, and play with it. The melee AI is still the same, and if you want to play... I don' t know, for example, a tower defense, the computer won' t do anything with the normal AI script. Create a new one, then play. Get the habit of playing with every strategy. Making an AI script that reflects your own strategy, could be very good, as you will learn what makes you lose with it. It will make you correct the little mistakes you do in Battle.Net games, and will reduce your chances of losing.

Happy Wc3 Battle.Net games!

Note: email me at [email protected] for information, or private message me.

Laterz!

Level 21
Hehe Dragon I see you like melee games as you guys are discussing about strategies in bnet/melee games. I like those kinds of games too as I have created Race Champion Wars however do people like to play custom games than melee games? Heres my orc strategy:

Organise a strategy if you play with people you don't know - I say I trolls (ranged) so get some melee.

Start off quickly and build tightly to the buildings.
Choose the Far Seer with feral spirit.
Get workers to harvest lumber and mine gold.
Build a few burrows.
Build 2 barracks and a war mill quickly.
Train a few grunts and alot of troll headhunters.
Build a few orc burrows.
Tech in Warmill and harvest more resources.
Upgrade to Stronghold.
Build 2 beastary and a spirit lodge.
Start training Wyverns.
Tech Shamans.
Tech in Warmill.
Build a orc burrow.
Train shamans and wyverns, possibly more trolls.
If my ally's base under attack, allow my melee allies to teleport first or go first and then ranged.
Focus fire!
Upgrade stronghold.
Tech and collect more resources.
After the exp gaining get the following spell abilities > Chain lightning, feral spirit, chain lightning.

Level 6
Hey, Sopho! So, how do you like my strategies?
Did you tested them yet? Yours is most of anti-air, ranged units, heh? I think best for orcs is melee, though, as the grunts' and taurens' armor are really tough to beat. But it' s true, ranged can help a lot. Orcs have very big advantage as casters. Their shamans, especially, are deadly when on shamans-taurens army. Bloodlust is one of the best unit spell in Wc3. I' ll download AMAI just right now. Feel free to post comments, guys!

Laterz.

Level 6
As Orcs, I think the most used strategy is this one:

Get 2 of your peons to mine, 1 of them do barracks, 1 does burrow, 1 does altar. When altar is finished, make the Blademaster or Farseer and put peon to wood. When barracks is finished, the peon goes to wood. When burrow is finished, make another. Make a couple more peons to mine and wood. Make a lumber mill, and build another barracks as soon as possible. Get to tier 2 soon. Make a couple more burrows. When on tier 2, don' t forget to upgrade grunts you made on tier 1. Make 2 altar of spirits (building for shamans and doctors). Upgrade shamans and doctors. Go to tier 3. Master them. Train them. Don' t forget to train grunts all the way long... Make 2 tauren totems and build some. Research "pulverize". Upgrade fully your melee, then attack.

This orc strategy is most for 3vs3 games where your friends get air and ranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.