• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Micro or Macro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've noticed that Ai's macro affects the gameplay more than micro.

I've played AMAI recently and I think the creator of that Ai didn't know about new strategies that is being used by decent players. He only improved the micro skill but macro is even worse than standard Ai.

And also his Ai buys too many items which in turn, will dry his Ai's resource. It may work on insane but not for normal.

I want to tell you all who makes w3 Ai that when you design your Ai, you must gain information about current strategies and what's the new fashion of playing w3.

BTW, that's just my personal opinion.

I can tell you good undead macro(strategy).

- Ghouls are not fighters but only harvesters. Never use ghouls to counter your enemy you will only waste your resources. It's better to make less ghouls and make more fiends.

- Produce units with ranged attack as soon as possible because that's the best way of killing opponents' hero.

- When Ai has too much resources it should use them affectively. For example, it could mess the towers or maybe build more barracks or other buildings. And also it could waste its workers because its workers are no longer needed. By removing unneccessary units it can make more useful army.

Well that's all I can say. :)

Level 2
If you are so good with macro as you claim then why don't you make an AMAI strategy that applies that.
And I am sure you have tried out all of the AMAI strategies before claiming that only Micro has been improved.

Besides, have you actually used the newest version from the AMAI homepage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.