• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
I noticed that you already started developing the new map.

May I ask what you have planned out for now?

I noticed that you already started developing the new map.

May I ask what you have planned out for now?
I thought that they would go trough the mines into hillsbrad/go and find the renegades in alterac/with a skip of time, they would plan out the leaving of Kel'Thuzad and Helcular and Araj would help him doing it (some sort of an 'escape' mission)/they would meet in Tirisfal Glades or somewhere in the 'before Plaguelands'.

Level 29
I thought that they would go trough the mines into hillsbrad/go and find the renegades in alterac/with a skip of time,

Alterac would be a perfect place for a group of renegade wizards to hide. Since the Kingdom of Alterac fell, the land was pretty much without an official ruler ever since. The Syndicate, the ogres, the Blackrock orcs, the gnolls and others are since then fighting for control.

they would plan out the leaving of Kel'Thuzad and Helcular and Araj would help him doing it (some sort of an 'escape' mission)/they would meet in Tirisfal Glades or somewhere in the 'before Plaguelands'.

Having the Alliance attack a renegade group of wizards sounds a bit extreme. With Alterac in ruins and the Syndicate running around pillaging towns, they would have much bigger concerns than a small group of mages studying dark magic.

Now if the attack is made by the Kirin Tor only on the other hand...
Kel'Thuzad seeing the mages of the Kirin Tor attacking a small group of wizards that have been only studying necromancy and not really doing something nefarious would make his already broken faith on them break ever further. Plus, them going to Alterac, a place that is not only out of their jurisdiction but even a region that officially doesn't belong to the Alliance, would make him see just how self-rightseous and intolerant the Kirin Tor is.

Hello, Mr. HungaryMaster.
Will you create a RTS mission that can train death knight.
Uhm, hey!
I'm not planning to do that, since death knights will only be available in an undead specific race techtree.
But in the next campaign after the Road to Damnation, which will follow the story of him in vanilla world of warcraft, I'll may consider doing that since in Naxxramas, he had some trainees and a few normal
ones.

:eek:

pic.png

Level 29
Later Kel'Thuzad, when reaching Northrend and approaching Naxxramas' entrance, will say "Wow I am getting a feeling of Deja Vu right now.":xxd:

Last edited:
Level 29
They do look better. No offense to the previous models, but them having golden-like bones seemed weird.

Level 29
I noticed that Chapter Nine has reached 100%. Can we play it already or are you still not finished with it?

Level 29
Grammar problems
Opening Cinematic
"brethren" not 'Bretheren"
"Northrend" not "Northerend"
Optional Quest: "...have been unleashed... her servants..."

Story Problems
-Is there an explanation why we have builders and soldiers coming along with us? Because supposedly Kel'Thuzad and Araj are going to a secret place and they are bringing a whole army with them
-We should be facing more members of the Syndicate aside from those we faced in the base. Alterac is the homeland of the Syndicate, so they should have a strong presence in this region.
-Why was Nightlash in the middle of a Blackrock base?
-The story we see is kind of sad. So in the end, only little Daniel survives right?

Gameplay Problems
-The base we get is too small for us to build all buildings avaiable
-My Peons can't reach all the damaged Farms, because the path to them are blocked by either rocks or other Farms
-There are plenty of dragons, too many if you ask me, in the second Blackrock base
-The Nightlash Optional Quest is not technically an Optional Quest because facing her is not an option. She stands in the path to the Main Quest so we have to defeat her

Level 29
Looks great.

Hey, I am sorry to announce that I will be unable to give my review for a couple of days.
The charger of my laptop stopped working today and it will take days for a new one to come via mail.

From now, I would lie if I would say that I will not be playing classic wow and warcraft 3 reforged.
This means that I will only be available after a looong time. Like months.
I have joined a guild where we will be raiding 3 times a week, so it will be my main priority.
So does School. : /

I'm sorry to announce this, but I have a whole bunch of great memories from wow, and I'd like to experience
some new ones again.

But I'm sure I will continue it sometimes, like in weekends where there are no "homework" or raid day.

Level 20
From now, I would lie if I would say that I will not be playing classic wow and warcraft 3 reforged.
How dare you take a break when I was just about to take another look at your project! :D

No, but seriously - have fun! :) And don't worry, this is a hobby, not a job. Just do what makes you happy :) Besides, taking a step back doesn't have to be a bad thing, sometimes taking a break and coming back with a set of fresh ideas and rekindled passion actually makes your project better :)

Level 29

I know the feeling. I sometimes stop playing Warcraft 3 and play Starcraft 2 and Final Fantasy VI.

But I'm sure I will continue it sometimes, like in weekends where there are no "homework" or raid day.

No problem.

Level 6
Seems i am the only one that will NOT play ClassiC, but will start taking food additives to be able to train and workout even more.
Guess people are different.

Level 6
Haha, it's not about Jaina or anything related to the game. Its for myself. I've changed, i keep moving on. Not going back, no point to.
Besides, let us be real over here. What happened to Blizzard? From a gaming company, that developed amazing new games, they went down to recycling their old stuff.
I mean, Warcraft 3 Reforged is a kind of okay, because they said, there will be some changes into it, compared to the current Wc3 we have now. And it is not a game where 40 dudes are gonna go and kill one boss, which will drop 2 items. Just two dudes are gonna get one, and they will probably be the Guild Leader and an Officer. Then they are gonna kill a second boss and other two officers are gonna get one item each. Then the whole raid wipes on the third boss and the Guild Leader tells you - "yeah, we are not raiding this sh!t anymore for the rest of the week. You did not get an item? Don't you worry, you can try again in 7 days!"
This has actually happened so many times, that is UNREAL. This is an unnecessary masochism and a waste of life, not just time.
At least with Reforged, you could complete the game's campaigns in 1 week and have some actual fun. Instead of achieving nothing for one week in ClassiC. And some call that fun? And hyped for it? Those people are really lying to themselves, if they are thinking that they are gonna get anything past T1/ZG gear. Not that even if you get some T2, it would matter somehow. They are making tBC after that, so have fun playing the whole WoW timeline for 10-15 years all over again.

Haha, it's not about Jaina or anything related to the game. Its for myself. I've changed, i keep moving on. Not going back, no point to.
Besides, let us be real over here. What happened to Blizzard? From a gaming company, that developed amazing new games, they went down to recycling their old stuff.
I mean, Warcraft 3 Reforged is a kind of okay, because they said, there will be some changes into it, compared to the current Wc3 we have now. And it is not a game where 40 dudes are gonna go and kill one boss, which will drop 2 items. Just two dudes are gonna get one, and they will probably be the Guild Leader and an Officer. Then they are gonna kill a second boss and other two officers are gonna get one item each. Then the whole raid wipes on the third boss and the Guild Leader tells you - "yeah, we are not raiding this sh!t anymore for the rest of the week. You did not get an item? Don't you worry, you can try again in 7 days!"
This has actually happened so many times, that is UNREAL. This is an unnecessary masochism and a waste of life, not just time.
At least with Reforged, you could complete the game's campaigns in 1 week and have some actual fun. Instead of achieving nothing for one week in ClassiC. And some call that fun? And hyped for it? Those people are really lying to themselves, if they are thinking that they are gonna get anything past T1/ZG gear. Not that even if you get some T2, it would matter somehow. They are making tBC after that, so have fun playing the whole WoW timeline for 10-15 years all over again.

It's not that huge matter dude. :D
Everyone while raiding (which won't be hard, those "mechanics" aren't a huge issue, after loot drops, most likely on the same perspective that the loot itself contributes to the guild itself.
This is retail logic, everything for yourself. And of course if someone deserves it better, so like being an officer, which takes time outside of the game helping the guild solving problems, planning ahead etc.
The main issue is that if you can't live with the thought that you won't get everything that drops without doing anything else than actual raiding, then just go back and play Battle for Azerite or as someone calls it Barbie Simulator (Transmog, Collections etc.).

You just can't criticize a game which is developed to be a MULTIPLAYER MMORPG, it greatly annoys me when people says thing like that. Look at BFA, the game sucks man, and its number of players shows it aswell.
There were over 30 Million players during WOTLK, which slowly decreased over the years, until the game became singleplayer orientated. Nobody has any real fun of this child's game anymore. You can collect mounts? How fun is that? OR battle PETS omg theyre so cute :3 kill me.
And what will you do after 1 week when you finished playing reforged? You can wait for custom maps or maybe campaigns for years then, cuz their creation will be a lot more harder and will take a hell lot of time to create an enjoyable one.

BFA and nearly every retarded shtty game has become a frckin MOBA.
You spend 30 minutes-1 hour with someone and you just can't have the same satisfaction from like achieving something together. Moba-s do offer an endless amount of empty feeling for satisfaction,
meanwhile in RPG-s it has an impact on flow of the game you will be playing continously, you can actually feel that you became stronger from (for example) a rare item or something.

The games that you play once are not offering the same enjoyment you can experience with a lot of players around you,
yes you can meet bad people or good people.
But that's the same as it would happen IRL aswell.

I must make sure that you know that I do workout aswell, and DID besides playing vanilla. (private server, blizzlike)
It isn't that big of a deal, most people aren't the
same as they were back then. AQ 40, maybe after a month or two, is going to be a 1-1,5 hour raid.

And if someone tells that you can't acquire the right gear and you won't be able to
be useful... dude,

its a 15yo game...

why would you rush over it?

+ The game has to offer content for a lot of time. It isn't a 1-2 week and i got bored cuz there's nothing that can be done.

There are things which can be also acquired trought dungeons or in the open world.
Pvp is (tho i must admit it is unbalanced) much more enjoyable than spamming spells for 5 minutes straight with infinite resource (mana,energy,rage, etc.) is insanely boring.

For the loot system thing, it is the way as it should be.
People earn DKP and spend that on different items they want.
Tho ofc higher ranked members of the guild, who contributed things to the guild much frequently
are going to have advantage over someone who joined the guild 2 weeks ago.

Edit: And if someone doesn't have time for the game, just play bfa.

Last edited:
Level 6
1. Wasted time does matter.
2. They did not even announce what the loot scheme is gonna be. Be ready for surprises, because i am not gonna be among the ones surprised.
3. Yes, i can criticize since i played it. Telling someone who does not play BFa either, to go BACK playing it, is like me telling you to go BACK to the gym. Were you actually not so focused on playing ClassiC, maybe you would have visited it. Once per month.
4. Population did not decrease over the years, because the game became single player oriented. At least it was not the only reason. The game simply changed and other MMORPGs came through. At one point, ESO had more people online that WoW (during the WoD period). Who would know? Well, i do.
5. What will i do after finishing Reforged? Let me think... thats a hard one... well, living the life? It's not like i am doing anything different lately. Such a hard question!
6. You really are trying to justify your decision with a post longer than mine, hoping that it will work. Well you did just justified your decision for yourself, but for me, your text changes nothing.

And there is no such thing as double multiplayer - MULTIPLAYER MMORPG - thats why MMORPG is actually massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
You are taking people in this thread for fools.

"AQ 40, maybe after a month or two, is going to be a 1-1,5 hour raid." - i stopped reading right there, seems you've never been in endgame, there is nothing else to be said here.

Good luck, you're actually the first person i know in years, that is gonna need it. People usually need themselves.

"People with rose glasses on, don't wonder if they have rose glasses on." - said from someone i know, and i thought he was being stupid. You just convinced me he was not.

Level 29
Are you kidding me?
Why are using such an outdated version, when you will be forced to update sooner or later to the newest patch? You're asking to risk getting your campaign bugged this way...

Don't take that warning too seriously.

I have been using patch 1.31.1 and till now I found no bugs.

Hello everyone, so sry for just leaving you for a long time. A lot of things happened, I'd really like to continue the campaign.
I was playing classic for a huge amount of time. I've enjoyed it a lot, though I found it really boring after 6-7 months.
Though I've enjoyed it a lot, I've met many people, I changed my opinion about a lot of things.

And I've successfully done my english language exam! :mwahaha:

I've tried reforged. Though I refunded it, and I won't like to get into why.
But In my free time I want to continue my campaign.
Btw I don't know why am I using this name :D its trash.

Last edited:
Hello everyone again.

To be frank, I don't think I have the inspiration and the "editing" skills to continue the campaign from the point I ended developing it.
I wan't to start something new, which would be based on an other race/story.
I won't say that I'll never continue Road to Damnation. (So I'm not abandoning the campaign)

But for now I wan't to relearn a lot of things I've forgotten, and It would be unwise from me to continue developing a campaign from the middle with little to no ideas and inspiration.
I hope you all understand.
Though I might change my mind later on :D

In my opinion Road to Damnation needs a lot of reimagining and rework both in gameplay and storywise.

Level 29
I won't say that I'll never continue Road to Damnation. (So I'm not abandoning the campaign)

Phew. Good to know...

But for now I wan't to relearn a lot of things I've forgotten, and It would be unwise from me to continue developing a campaign from the middle with little to no ideas and inspiration.

I, for one, do.

Level 23
Hello everyone again.

To be frank, I don't think I have the inspiration and the "editing" skills to continue the campaign from the point I ended developing it.
I wan't to start something new, which would be based on an other race/story.

Though I might change my mind later on :D

In my opinion Road to Damnation needs a lot of reimagining and rework both in gameplay and storywise.
How many chapters were left, if i may ask? (for RtD)

Level 23
I was thinking about 4-5 more maps with the last one I posted months ago. (including interludes)
Ah, ok.

Keep us updated on your future project, I am sure many people will be happy to give feedback. Also, I think the terrain screenshots you posted were some of best use of normal blizzard terrain + fog I have ever seen, hopefully will see more of it in what you choose to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.