• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Winterchill 0.71m

After months of supposed inactivity, Rage Winterchill has amassed a rogue legion of demons, satyr, and undead to use in a fanatical strike against the Night Elves in an attempt to avenge Archimonde's death. After demolishing several elven outposts, he has stationed himself in the ruins of a former city, and is prepared to fight. The Elves are underprepared and doom lingers overhead; can you turn the tides of the battle?

Features:
* A high-level AoS with engaging, action-packed gameplay.
* Thirty completely
original heroes to fight with.
* Focus on
interesting abilities which take aiming/timing, and reward skilled players.
* Almost
no stuns/complete disables which leave your character helpless.
* Stat-based abilities which scale differently depending on your item build.
* Optional Tournament Mode with ordered bans and picks.
8 years of iteration and polish.

* Very
progressive item systems, designed for ease of use:
* Clearly organised Marketplace interface (see screenshots below) with full information about effects stacking and recipe components.
* No overlapping 'orb abilities': everything works on every hero and with every other item.
* 'Recipe' items will auto-complete if you already have enough gold.
* Type -i itemname to buy an itemname, saves time on searching (various other shortcuts available).
* Interesting items which improve ability fields such as Duration and AoE, to add more build options.

* Clean visual style without gaudy effects.
* All necessary information is contained within the map, no need for an external reference.
* Continued
on-demand support for bugs/balance fixes, though active development has ended.

Shortfalls:
* There are no AI/bot players in the map, nor any immediate plans to add them. Sorry!
* Large (8MB) file size due to lots of custom assets.

Screenshots:
(Plenty available below!)

Want to play?
* You can find players on the RoW Steam group.
* The latest versions are always on MakeMeHost.com.
* RoW takes approximately 50 minutes, and it's best played with at least 4v4. For 3v3 or less, the game will activate an all-mid mode.

More details about the game can be found on the Homepage!

Changelog:
* View it online here.
* Or find it in the map's quest menu (along with accreditations).

Video!
Check out recorded streams at the Twitch.tv channel.

Below, a video featuring out-takes from couple of games from 2012. Huge thanks to Sep for putting it together!

Related Content:
Softmints' other work includes:
* DotA Outland, which is this map's predecessor.
* Leraux, a single-player puzzle-adventure game.
* Lane-Pushing Games, a blag about AoS maps.

Keywords:
AoS, Winterchill, Rise, DotA, Outland, RoW, Softmints, Rise of Winterchill, DotA Outland, Hero, Heroes, Spell, Custom, Moba
Contents

Rise of Winterchill 0.71m (Map)

Reviews
18:41, 23rd Dec 2008 Rui: Not a bad AoS. Its bases were well covered up, but concretely, it did not come out so well. See my full review. With a full 3/5 (Useful), this map is Approved! 21:44, 16th May 2011 Cweener: Went back through it on...
Level 4
nice map- ive followed progress on this. =)

but i noticed that the demons seem to have way larger spawn creatures than elves and thus destroy them faster. i noticed theres 2 huntresses for every 3 fellhounds(although fellhounds are weaker but not by alot so its easier for demons to win).

Level 8
Good game, with lots of nice spells, but, I'd like to point out some things:
  • Change the Juggernaut's (Pit Lord's) icon to a red one or something, so it could fit the skin.
  • In-Marketplace: Mirror Shield > Red Box > Woodhammer. The Red box seems to be...nothing.
    Mirror Shield > Red Box > Woodhammer
  • Typo: x have slain x. Should be has slain, right?
  • Some reused icons.
  • I'm not sure about this one, but when the Indiana Jones-like Warlock died, his whip continued to flaot there. But shrinked.
  • The Heretic's/Priestess of the Moon's/Dark Ranger's Ricochet/Elune's Arrows/Aligerous ability has an Autocast icon when I'm about to Learn it.
  • If I click the Mindshock icon with the Psychic, I get a buff with the Mirror Image's (? o.o) icon saying "invulnerable", while I'm not Invulnerable.

Overall: 4/5

Level 5
Well , i got problem . Fildik or Meddler hero [the hero that use bounty model]. I can't choose this one by click a checking icon. Although i typing -p < nothing happen.

Fix this bug , please

Level 14
Good game, with lots of nice spells, but, I'd like to point out some things:
  • Change the Juggernaut's (Pit Lord's) icon to a red one or something, so it could fit the skin.
  • In-Marketplace: Mirror Shield > Red Box > Woodhammer. The Red box seems to be...nothing.
    Mirror Shield > Red Box > Woodhammer
  • Typo: x have slain x. Should be has slain, right?
  • Some reused icons.
  • I'm not sure about this one, but when the Indiana Jones-like Warlock died, his whip continued to flaot there. But shrinked.
  • The Heretic's/Priestess of the Moon's/Dark Ranger's Ricochet/Elune's Arrows/Aligerous ability has an Autocast icon when I'm about to Learn it.
  • If I click the Mindshock icon with the Psychic, I get a buff with the Mirror Image's (? o.o) icon saying "invulnerable", while I'm not Invulnerable.

Overall: 4/5

Thanks for this very detailed feedback! Unfortunately, I don't have a suitable icon for Juggernaut. Autocast and passive abilities intentionally have their proper borders when learning those abilities because it's easier to see what they do that way. The only icon which is used twice is Orb of Frost for Rollout and Triumvirate: Ice. Houndmaster's whip sticks around intentionally. The kill message should switch between has/have based on whether a faction or a player landed the kill. The rest are bugs which I'll iron out.

Well , i got problem . Fildik or Meddler hero [the hero that use bounty model]. I can't choose this one by click a checking icon. Although i typing -p < nothing happen.Fix this bug , please

Thanks for pointing this out.

Level 5
I think if you made your map become more bigger , more stuff likes items , spell, units.

You maps will be put in my favourite map.

Because for now, it seem like something missing in your map with one tower , two base , and . . nothing.

Level 7
Really nice map, I will review soon. Only thing is, can you make the heroes be recognizable by color? I think there are some heroes in the map that don't have any color variation to match what color the player is. If there was something like that, it would make recognizing friend from foe a little bit easier.

Level 2
Finally new map of RoW, i've been waiting for a long times!:ogre_rage:
Good systems, nice laning, all is awesome! 5/5 :ogre_hurrhurr:

This map is worth a try, however, the laning makes this map a lot harder to understand for beginners. (I've hosted this a few times for public)

I like all of this ideas, I just thing that something is missing in this map.
Like something that connects all the features. However, since I found no serious bugs and enjoyed playing, I give it a 3-4/5 until now. I can't really decide yet.

Level 4
Nah, the one of few perfect map on WCIII. :ogre_haosis:
Okay, one word to describe this map : AWESOME !
I'm not afraid to tell peoples that RoW is maybe* the rival of DoTa, and RoW is almost perfect <-- Nice lane you make, good systems, and the skills... that is what I call skills! With nice description, various effects, etc.
I give you 5.5/5! :ogre_hurrhurr:
*I say maybe because there is only a few heroes (23). But, i understand, making heroes is very hard, and most of it had nice model/skin, and you can make 23!
For that, I change my mind. 6/5! :ogre_hurrhurr:
(Sorry for my BAD grammar)

Last edited:
Level 7
Vardix's Review: Rise of Winterchill 0.57v

This will be my review of the map "Rise of Winterchill" version 0.57 by Softmints. It may not be as comprehensive as you like, since I'm just reviewing this from my point of view and how the map worked for me.

I will start off with the positives of this map.

-The heroes in this map are very well made. Even though I played this map by myself for the duration of the testing period, all the heroes that I tested out were very fun to play. They had great skills that synergized exceptionally with one another, and overall they were great to use. The different effects and how you've chosen to make the heroes is also good. For example, the Polar Praetor has some very fun skills to use, that really do require some timing and thought (if you plan on using them effectively). The two skills where he throws down ice on the ground, and the one where he rolls forward work very well together as he rolls faster on the ice. However, the knockback effect can also affect your creeps so you need to time it right. How this whole combo plays out is also quite visually appealing. This praise not only carries for the Polar Praetor, but for all of the other heroes in this map too (including the ones I did not test, but I presume are good, since the heroes that I tested were brilliant in their creation). Though this map doesn't have too many heroes (I think there were like 22 heroes, give or take a few), the heroes that are present are amazingly made in every single aspect. Quality over quantity is what I like better anyways.

-The tooltips in this map for everything are very well done. The time you've put into organizing and really making those tooltips informative and useful is well appreciated by me. Especially the tooltips for the heroes, those are simply brilliant. You explain every aspect of the skill that a player must know, and it is all very helpful. The tooltips are also visually appealing as well, and not just a plain wall of text with no color.

-Item/Hero choosing system. Now, this may be debatable since its mostly on player preference, but I personally like this new system. The hero choosing system is great since you can get a full overview of the hero, what it is good for, how you should play it, etc. It's very helpful for newbies as well, so they can learn different heroes and different playstyles for those heroes. Now onto the item buying/choosing system. This is quite interesting, mainly because I've never seen it before, in any other map. So far, everything looks great and functions well, and everything is nice and organized and easy to access. This prevents confusion and enables you to get what you want and get back to the game, with no time spent in fiddling around with different item shops to figure out what you want. All in one. :D

-The items in this map are also very nice. I like the variety of items you have, and how you have them organized. For example, you have stat giving items in a stat giving section, defensive items in defensive section, offensive items in an offensive section etc. The information you provide about the items is also good, because I can learn everything I need to know about the item from the tooltip that pops up about it. You have a nice variety of items, including very basic ones that you can use at the beginning of the game, and very advanced items, which you can use for later in the game. The abilities for items that have abilities are nicely made and add more usefulness to that item, and more interest into the gameplay. What I especially like about the items is that for a lot of advanced items, there are basic items needed for it to be created. I like this because when you buy basic items at the beginning, you don't need to sell them later on, you can just have them as part of a bigger recipe that you can finish later in the game.

-The description for the map is decent enough. You've given all the required information needed to play this map and then some. The description isn't just a wall of text, and you've color coded everything for it to be easier on the eye and to easily recognize the different aspects of the description. Good job on this (since most people don't take the time to make a decent description).

Now for the definitely debatable aspects of the map.

-The lanes in this map are... interesting. When you first play the map, you think that it's just like any other AOS, with three different lanes through which the creeps go through. However, you start to soon realize that this is not so. There are actually several different waves of creeps that come from each side during each main creep wave, and for some reason, some of these waves split up and head towards the middle of the map, where they then go in other directions. I just don't get this, or how it helps the gameplay in anyway, it just makes the laning more confusing.

And last but not least, the unfavorable aspects of this map.

-The creeps and creep bases. First of all, the creeps that spawn from the different teams of the map are unbalanced. Why? When I tested out the map, at first not interfering with the creeps with my hero, I instantly noticed something. In all of the lanes on the map, the creeps from the "evil" side of the map (the ones with the lava elementals and and the fel beasties) were always winning over the creeps from the night elf side. I don't know why, but they were just winning no matter what. One idea I have as to why this is might be the skill of the lava elementals that spawns more lava elementals as they kill a night elf creep. This may cause the other team's creep wave to gradually become stronger and stronger with the increased amount of lava elementals. Once I realized this, I tried laning with a hero to see if it made any difference. It didn't. When I was in a specific lane, the night elf side would continue on because I was helping them push. However, if I left the lane, the other side would automatically come back and destroy the night elf creeps. This ensured a really annoying laning since all I did was go back and forth between the lanes to make sure my night elf bases didn't get swarmed with creeps from the other side.

-Creep wave bases. Simply put, these are much too strong. For one thing, your creeps won't be able to touch the towers since they will always be overwhelmed from the two sets of creep waves that spawn at each of the bases. Secondly, the towers themselves are much too strong. Even using my highly leveled up hero, I could hardly make a dent in the towers before getting swarmed and killed.

Overall, this was a pretty cool map with many great things in it, and a few things that still need improvements.
What's my final rating? 4/5, and a vote for approval (but map has already been approved so this doesn't really matter). Once the issues above are fixed, I will increase rating to a 5/5 and give +rep to the creator of the map.

Level 24
Do note, even if the firespawns spawn more elementals the huntress still have bounce attack to attack multiple ones at a time. No matter how you change the stats of the units one creepwave will always be more powerfull then the other due to the asymmetry. Its not really something to complain about because its inchangeable. Most of the lanes are supposed to have heroes anyway, which really enchanges the whole laning experience.

I think the asymmetry adds an interesting aspect to the map, even though i cant quite grasp the point of it. Heres a good question, if the teams are already asymmetric with heroes and bases, why not change the terrain layout while already at it seeing how symmetrical it is in terms of layout?

Level 5
Well , i don't how how to comment. But i will say from what i experienced in this map.

All of this comment isn't from me only. I already created this map many times and everyone spoke likes my comment.

Weak Point:
-The map is too boring everytimes i played it i felt like something in this map is missing such as heroes look like a normal unit, slow gameplay [explain below]. Although their skills are cool but it didn't look attractive as much as i thought.

-Gameplay is too slow. Simply like : you are watching a Drama movie with slow moving of storyline. This kind of feeling made my enjoyment takes away. Unlike other map such as Dessert of Exile , Age of Myths , Advent of Zenith and etc. Their skill look powerful and get a big pressure aura.

-Your heroes skill look creative but it look like a mini skills if compare to whatever maps that i was experienced.

-Shop system and character choosing system look cool. But this part isn't a necessary thing.

Can u add a guide line in shop system. Something like click this item two times and it will gleam a light to other parts in order to completed this item?

Because this shop system got a large font and picture. It's difficult to read and buy. If you can be made a light to link the item that i wanted it will helpful a lot.

- No hide and seek gameplay. [like backstab enemies, ganker something like that]

- Lich hero still not completed yet. Since a long time ago. [Utimate missing]

- Utimate spell effect it's not seem like its name. Their effect similar to normal spell.

- No killing sound likes Killing spredd , godlike , holy shit something like that.

- Your map miss a power to make player motivate to play. [This part is the most important]

Don't be put negative feeling toward me. I just say what we found.

Do you think like me? everytime that i tried this map. It seem something missing but you couldn't speak or write in a words.

Level 14
Epic map. At least, a HQ map, with a lot of cool systems, etc.
5/5! :thumbs_up:

I do rarely comment on maps, but this time I do:

Really nice spell effects here, they really make up a nice gameplay! Keep up the good work, and btw, congratz to your third place ;)

This map is ... better than DotA ! =) really good Job ! 5/5 +rep

Thanks, all.

This map is worth a try, however, the laning makes this map a lot harder to understand for beginners. (I've hosted this a few times for public)

I like all of this ideas, I just thing that something is missing in this map.
Like something that connects all the features. However, since I found no serious bugs and enjoyed playing, I give it a 3-4/5 until now. I can't really decide yet.

I've discussed the *missing* thing with you before; and I think might just be a lack of good players. I ran a RoW tournament recently (5v5, all experienced players), and the first match was a hard fought tie for a solid hour, before finally one team started winning. I've uploaded the replay for anyone who wants to see what high-level RoW is like.

If it takes you more than 5 minutes to see what's going on with the lanes, I'd be surprised. If people can get their head around EotA's lanes, they can get their heads around mine.

Vardix's Review: Rise of Winterchill 0.57v

This will be my review of the map "Rise of Winterchill" version 0.57 by Softmints. It may not be as comprehensive as you like, since I'm just reviewing this from my point of view and how the map worked for me.

I will start off with the positives of this map.

-The heroes in this map are very well made. Even though I played this map by myself for the duration of the testing period, all the heroes that I tested out were very fun to play. They had great skills that synergized exceptionally with one another, and overall they were great to use. The different effects and how you've chosen to make the heroes is also good. For example, the Polar Praetor has some very fun skills to use, that really do require some timing and thought (if you plan on using them effectively). The two skills where he throws down ice on the ground, and the one where he rolls forward work very well together as he rolls faster on the ice. However, the knockback effect can also affect your creeps so you need to time it right. How this whole combo plays out is also quite visually appealing. This praise not only carries for the Polar Praetor, but for all of the other heroes in this map too (including the ones I did not test, but I presume are good, since the heroes that I tested were brilliant in their creation). Though this map doesn't have too many heroes (I think there were like 22 heroes, give or take a few), the heroes that are present are amazingly made in every single aspect. Quality over quantity is what I like better anyways.

-The tooltips in this map for everything are very well done. The time you've put into organizing and really making those tooltips informative and useful is well appreciated by me. Especially the tooltips for the heroes, those are simply brilliant. You explain every aspect of the skill that a player must know, and it is all very helpful. The tooltips are also visually appealing as well, and not just a plain wall of text with no color.

-Item/Hero choosing system. Now, this may be debatable since its mostly on player preference, but I personally like this new system. The hero choosing system is great since you can get a full overview of the hero, what it is good for, how you should play it, etc. It's very helpful for newbies as well, so they can learn different heroes and different playstyles for those heroes. Now onto the item buying/choosing system. This is quite interesting, mainly because I've never seen it before, in any other map. So far, everything looks great and functions well, and everything is nice and organized and easy to access. This prevents confusion and enables you to get what you want and get back to the game, with no time spent in fiddling around with different item shops to figure out what you want. All in one. :D

-The items in this map are also very nice. I like the variety of items you have, and how you have them organized. For example, you have stat giving items in a stat giving section, defensive items in defensive section, offensive items in an offensive section etc. The information you provide about the items is also good, because I can learn everything I need to know about the item from the tooltip that pops up about it. You have a nice variety of items, including very basic ones that you can use at the beginning of the game, and very advanced items, which you can use for later in the game. The abilities for items that have abilities are nicely made and add more usefulness to that item, and more interest into the gameplay. What I especially like about the items is that for a lot of advanced items, there are basic items needed for it to be created. I like this because when you buy basic items at the beginning, you don't need to sell them later on, you can just have them as part of a bigger recipe that you can finish later in the game.

-The description for the map is decent enough. You've given all the required information needed to play this map and then some. The description isn't just a wall of text, and you've color coded everything for it to be easier on the eye and to easily recognize the different aspects of the description. Good job on this (since most people don't take the time to make a decent description).

Now for the definitely debatable aspects of the map.

-The lanes in this map are... interesting. When you first play the map, you think that it's just like any other AOS, with three different lanes through which the creeps go through. However, you start to soon realize that this is not so. There are actually several different waves of creeps that come from each side during each main creep wave, and for some reason, some of these waves split up and head towards the middle of the map, where they then go in other directions. I just don't get this, or how it helps the gameplay in anyway, it just makes the laning more confusing.

And last but not least, the unfavorable aspects of this map.

-The creeps and creep bases. First of all, the creeps that spawn from the different teams of the map are unbalanced. Why? When I tested out the map, at first not interfering with the creeps with my hero, I instantly noticed something. In all of the lanes on the map, the creeps from the "evil" side of the map (the ones with the lava elementals and and the fel beasties) were always winning over the creeps from the night elf side. I don't know why, but they were just winning no matter what. One idea I have as to why this is might be the skill of the lava elementals that spawns more lava elementals as they kill a night elf creep. This may cause the other team's creep wave to gradually become stronger and stronger with the increased amount of lava elementals. Once I realized this, I tried laning with a hero to see if it made any difference. It didn't. When I was in a specific lane, the night elf side would continue on because I was helping them push. However, if I left the lane, the other side would automatically come back and destroy the night elf creeps. This ensured a really annoying laning since all I did was go back and forth between the lanes to make sure my night elf bases didn't get swarmed with creeps from the other side.

-Creep wave bases. Simply put, these are much too strong. For one thing, your creeps won't be able to touch the towers since they will always be overwhelmed from the two sets of creep waves that spawn at each of the bases. Secondly, the towers themselves are much too strong. Even using my highly leveled up hero, I could hardly make a dent in the towers before getting swarmed and killed.

Overall, this was a pretty cool map with many great things in it, and a few things that still need improvements.
What's my final rating? 4/5, and a vote for approval (but map has already been approved so this doesn't really matter). Once the issues above are fixed, I will increase rating to a 5/5 and give +rep to the creator of the map.

Firstly, the troop balance isn't perfect, but it's good enough that the advantage is negligible. There may be a problem with the rebound off Legion outposts, which I will investigate, but even that would be minor. The intersecting lanes creates an interesting situation where it's possible to stop a push against one outpost by pushing out from the other, because this will cut the flow of troops to that lane. If you're not paying attention, the troops can be cut from behind you, leaving you wide open for a gank.

Of course the outposts are 'much too strong': for one hero. How would you like it if one hero could solo your base while you were in a teamfight? If 3-4 heroes work together (and remember, this is a team game), outposts go down fast. The outposts can easily handle troops on their own, so going back and forth between lanes is a waste of time. Towers have shields/regeneration to handle this.

Do note, even if the firespawns spawn more elementals the huntress still have bounce attack to attack multiple ones at a time. No matter how you change the stats of the units one creepwave will always be more powerfull then the other due to the asymmetry. Its not really something to complain about because its inchangeable. Most of the lanes are supposed to have heroes anyway, which really enchanges the whole laning experience.

I think the asymmetry adds an interesting aspect to the map, even though i cant quite grasp the point of it. Heres a good question, if the teams are already asymmetric with heroes and bases, why not change the terrain layout while already at it seeing how symmetrical it is in terms of layout?

Valid points there. I haven't changed the terrain to asymmetrical (which I think would be pretty cool) because I don't know how I'd change it for the better. The current layout pretty much fits my requirements of having lots of trees, four creeping areas (two of which are hard to access), and lots of corridors to make aiming abilities possible.

Well , i don't how how to comment. But i will say from what i experienced in this map.

All of this comment isn't from me only. I already created this map many times and everyone spoke likes my comment.

Weak Point:
-The map is too boring everytimes i played it i felt like something in this map is missing such as heroes look like a normal unit, slow gameplay [explain below]. Although their skills are cool but it didn't look attractive as much as i thought.

-Gameplay is too slow. Simply like : you are watching a Drama movie with slow moving of storyline. This kind of feeling made my enjoyment takes away. Unlike other map such as Dessert of Exile , Age of Myths , Advent of Zenith and etc. Their skill look powerful and get a big pressure aura.

-Your heroes skill look creative but it look like a mini skills if compare to whatever maps that i was experienced.

-Shop system and character choosing system look cool. But this part isn't a necessary thing.

Can u add a guide line in shop system. Something like click this item two times and it will gleam a light to other parts in order to completed this item?

Because this shop system got a large font and picture. It's difficult to read and buy. If you can be made a light to link the item that i wanted it will helpful a lot.

- No hide and seek gameplay. [like backstab enemies, ganker something like that]

- Lich hero still not completed yet. Since a long time ago. [Utimate missing]

- Utimate spell effect it's not seem like its name. Their effect similar to normal spell.

- No killing sound likes Killing spredd , godlike , holy shit something like that.

- Your map miss a power to make player motivate to play. [This part is the most important]

Don't be put negative feeling toward me. I just say what we found.

Do you think like me? everytime that i tried this map. It seem something missing but you couldn't speak or write in a words.

I could refute almost all of that if I wanted to, but really, RoW just isn't for you. Which is fine, because my target audience is very narrow, and there are plenty of alternatives (AoM, DoE, or whatever) which you can enjoy instead.

Rage Winterchill?
Alright! You got your facts right!

I'm not really a lore freak, but sure, I can look at wowwiki too :p.

Last edited:
Level 5
Can u give me a specific detail about audience that playing your map?

Example , if you want to fun in this map. How it should be about player?

I tried to get your map popup in my favorite map list. But i couldn't so i want to know how to playing your map and get fun.

Level 7
Awesome, an update! I've been playing that map recently with some friends, and most of the points I gave in my review still stand, except for the base one. The bases are a little easier to take down, but they still take quite some time.

Level 5
Hi Softmints!

Out of curiosity, what specific tools do you use to develop Rise of Winterchill?

Level 6
Nice map. There's one simple suggestion I have:

Instead of using -number for Calypse; Oracle to set the timer for Premonition, the skill should work like a spell book and open a sub-menu to select the time - Q W E, A S D for 1 2 3, 4 5 6 seconds respectively.
eg. [W]Premonition -> [D]6s

Level 5
I need an answer please, i found a problems in my time.
I played with my friend 3-3 and there are only one player who couldn't play this map.
Other player fine to play it.

The problems is sometimes he choose the hero or walk around maps and then the problems that occur is his game was dropped out to the desktop without any error. [warcraft game disappear, not a switch like alt+tab]

Who know how to fix this problems? He said other maps he can play but only this map he couldn't play. Please tell me how to fix it.

I have a problems similar to this case before and i fixed it by go to warcraft option and turn all option in high mode and it worked.

but this time it didn't work with him so i don't know how to fix it.

PS> I had played your maps a lot now and most ppl [including me] told that scourge hero is more interest/better than sentinel hero.

Last edited:
Level 6
There's three different ways to win, if I recall correctly, copsychus. Only one of the conditions has to be fulfilled.
1) Destroy the enemy main building
2) Destroy all enemy towers without loosing any of yours
3) Have a certain number of kills more than your opponent (I don't remember it exactly)

Level 14
copsychus,

I don't know of anyone else who has encountered that issue, so I don't know how I can help you. I agree that Legion heroes are more interesting in a way, because throughout development there have always been more Legion heroes than Elves (it was only made equal recently). Their themes inspire me better I guess, and maybe it shows in their quality.

Skasi,

I removed the towers condition because players were finding it a bit of a let-down. The kills condition is there to end games which are clearly over because one team is dominating.

Level 5
Softmints, what other AoS maps out there would you recommend that are similar to RoW in that they require somewhat high skill-level to effectively play?

Last edited: