• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise Of Evil

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Daffa
Tommynator Presents

Rise Of Evil
Created by Tom

Map Info:

This is a custom made map which will be the first part of my campaign.
All comments and bug reports are welcome so the map can be improved.

Features:

• Basic Melee Map
  • Custom Units controlled by player
  • AI controller enemy
  • Side quest and cinematics

Some else stuff about map:

Well, first serious map I tried to make, been messing around with the editor for a while but this is my first completed map.

Screenshots and Videos:

No Screenshots and videos available yet.

Credits:

Thanks to:
  • My brother
Models/Skins/Icons/Images:
  • Blizzard
Tutorials/Systems:
  • http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/

Author's notes:

I would appreciate any kind of comment and feedback, positive and negative. This way I can make better maps and my complete campaign will be better to.

Keywords:
Campaign, Beasts, Fejut.
Contents

Rise Of Evil (Map)

Reviews
01:09, 25th Mar 2013 Orcnet: see my commentary
Please tell us the Gameplay, Credits, Etc. about the map, this map description must be improved, check below

EDIT : I edit this post every time I give comment for this map, unless necessary for me for other post

Overall, use the Map Description Template to create your description

Here is the link to get the description templates : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/map-description-templates-171659/

I will play this map later, since its 5AM the time I write the post, and I am busy, expect feedback from me on my next post :))
I will rate the map 2/5 for now, but it will change on my next post :)

Regards,

Daffa the Mage

Last edited:
Map Review - On Request

Daffa the Mage Map Review :

Terrain :
The Terrain are normal, nothing exciting
Score : 2.5/5

Spells :
Boring Old Spells, make some new spells, better if you trigger them
Score : 0.5/5

Units :
Notes : without looking at the editor, I can see that Fulbolg Ranger
The Units have one issue :
-Fulbolg Ranger has Mana, he didn't need it
Also, maybe add more unit ?
And use some costum model, search it at Hive Models
Score : 0.8/5

Gameplay :
Just a normal melee map with costum AI and well the cinematic is place properly though
Score : 2.2/5

Replayable :
Its not very exciting, makes it not very replayable
Score : 0.7/5

Overall :
Its a good map, but it still lacking in many things, this map is good, just need more polishing, if this meant to be a chapter from a big campaign, I highly advise you make all the chapter first then upload it.

Total Score : 6.7/25

Converted Score : 1.34/5 Unacceptable - Vote for Rejection

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion :
this map needs lot of improvements, as following :
-Unit should have some custom models.
-Unit should have custom abilities
-Add more variation for the terrain
-AI Heroes in Campaign (only if this meant you planned to use this as a campaign) never lvl Up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Score Table :

0.0-1.5 = Unacceptable - Vote for Rejection
1.6-2.3 = Lacking - Vote for Rejection
2.4-2.7 = Lacking - Vote for Approval
2.8-3.4 = Acceptable - Vote for Approval
3.5-4.2 = Recommended - Vote for Approval
4.3-4.7 = Highly Recommended - Vote for Approval and Recommended Map Section
4.8-5.0 = Director's Cut - Vote for Approval and Director Cut Map Section
Second Request : If you wish me to re scored your map a second time please PM thank you.

Last edited:
Level 30
this map is very simple and lacks enough game play morely it is a Altered Melee vs Melee sort of game, but the dialogue of each character is decent, the lack of ground, doodads, space and melee standards makes the game very monotone, if you do wish to continue this please proceed in the Map Development thread for more improvement and feed back good day then