1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Lich King

Submitted by Malvodion
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Campaign by: Armelior
Uploaded by: Malvodion

Keywords:

rey,king,lich,liche,warcraft,frozen,throne,
Contents

Rise of the Lich King (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. An old but good campaign.
  1. Furry Nova

Furry Nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    First fan made campaign I've played. I was trying to find something that looks decent and interesting. Overall I think you did good building a story, levels, objectives and conversations of the characters keeping their personalities.

Issues found:
    • Some things were written in another language which I don't think was elf talk. I presume just some translations got missed.
    • On last level after taking Lich's base down before Dreadord's, Sylvanas disappears. I don't think this was intended.
    The ending with Arthas felt a bit kiddish, but not bad. So I'm willing to over look that. Since I know how hard it is story building.

Did some nice joke outtakes like end of Reign of Chaos.

Can't think of anything else but 5/5 for me.

2. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hum, Anyone know how to contact Armelior ?

I was thinking about upgrading this campaign if the Author allows me :p

Edit : Nevermind, I found him...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  3. Jayborino

Jayborino

Resources:
    Resources:
    Commenting so I can properly rate this campaign after playing - there is a full playthrough on my YT channel.

Overall, I found the premise and story of this campaign quite engaging (ignoring minor translation issues, which do not affect how I rate campaigns). Ultimately, I enjoyed my time overall, but found map 4 in particular incredibly irritating, and not just because the map was very large. The cannon tower spam combined with very small chokepoints through what was supposedly a 'backdoor' made ground attacks particularly hard to make work.

Again, overall pretty fun, but lacking some polish that would make the difficulty less frustrating and more rewarding - not making it easier, but changing certain aspects that make it difficult (map 4 observations above for example).

4. Nyter

Nyter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Send me the script and I can fix any grammatical arrows for you. Gobelins -> Goblins, Therfore -> Therefor, etc...

5. Nyter

Nyter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also why the fuck is half the game in french....?

6. Nyter

Nyter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm at mission 6 and it actually just keeps getting worse. You should have paid more attention at school during english class, your french accent is showing. 'Ennemy' every time, etc. It's actually so bad that it's distracting from the campaign, which is otherwise quite good.

7. Jayborino

Jayborino

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe lay off the non-native English speaker. The creator of this is clearly French... the only other alternative would be this campaign entirely in French with us English-only folks not being able to follow it at all. We should be grateful he at least tried to run his maps through an auto-translator, which clearly was not super accurate.

A lot of the creators here are ESL, or completely non-English speaking for that matter. If it distracts you from the campaign then that's valid criticism, but the creator doesn't need to be insulted for you to convey that.

8. CamperPl0x

CamperPl0x

Resources:
    Resources:
    pretty good

9. Ahman

Ahman

Resources:
    Resources:
    I enjoyed it a bit, and the campaigns seems to be well made, but need final polishing.
    chater 6 had some bugs in it, where chapter 6's "keep protecting the portal" quest gets re happening (the scene) and sometimes Kelthuzad and his troops disappear completely leaving only the shade available.
    Also so many grammar mistakes, but ignorable. Oh, and I almost forgot, chapter 4 is really hard and disturbing. Too long, and so many attacks in every settlement you get. Almost gave me cancer trying to win:vw_death::vw_death:
    There is a big room for improvements...

10. Vediovus

Vediovus

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice work :)

11. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    My review

-The campaign is quite interesting in terms of plot, the missions are variable which is good. The only mission that is quite useless is the one with the emissary to the Horde, since it proves futile.
    -The grammar needs to be fixed as there appears to be some mixes with french
    -I like the cliffhanger at the end
    -I enjoyed the credit cinematic

12. Neil Aldrin

Neil Aldrin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you show me how to get the model of The Lich King please?

13. REDON PELLUMBI

REDON PELLUMBI

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good camping I just finished it and really like it hope you will make more

14. Ann

Ann

Resources:
    Resources:
    I excited about this ending, will it going to have a sequel?

15. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Has anyone manage to get in touch with the original creator? This work might benefit from actual improvements.

16. Regeneration

Regeneration

Resources:
    Resources:
    I remember playing this years ago. I am right now on chapter 6.
    First chapter was totally easy and so small. You really can't lose it^^

Second chapter was difficult at first and I needed a retry for it.
    But then in the end it was also not difficult to accomplish.
    4 ghouls per attack is a joke tbh.

Fourth chapter was annoying and I actually cheated my way through it because
    I know it is very time consuming getting through it.
    How are you supposed to convert a dwarf without a banshee or charm?
    I don't know. There is also no information in the tooltip.
    I don't like it at all how the map is built and inside ironforge was barely guarded.

Chapter 5 was good. It was challenging a bit but not too much because inside the harbor there
    are so many ships that makes it a lot easier. The enemy ships somehow didn't want to destroy
    my base until the last minute which I found strange.
    They just turned around when they arrived in my base. I also didn't find out what the optional quest is because I was too buisy defending.
    I'm not sure what's the point in placing an optional quest there.

Chapter 6: I liked it. Terrain was appealing to me. It was challenging keeping the portal alive.
    I dislike the 2nd optional where you just have to move to the grave and then you get
    10 units which I didn't even need to finish the map.

Chapter 7: So far the best chapter in my opinion. I like the day&night factor.
    The dwarf was funny that died and also it was nice to steal the key at night from the centaurs.
    Canyon, Volcano, Bronze Dragon Queen... Good stuff.
    And the endplot - WoW. I'm impressed!

Chapter 8: Again great chapter. Challenging indeed and it was fun!. I had to micro a lot of stuff
    and the teleport from jaina was too good in this chapter. In chapter like these I like to
    concentrate on only 2-3 units. I would like to have more difficulty to choose than just one.
    I like the whole map design also. Something minor I dislike is that the dialogue speed is a bit too fast.
    I think I'm also near the end of the campaign.

Yup thats it. I would have liked to play one last map but the epilogue was nice.
    I liked the story. It felt a bit like a true sequel to frozen throne from Blizzard.
    Also what I noted playing through this campaign is that the language would sometimes switch.
    All in all I give it 4/5*.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  17. ssphoenix

ssphoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is awesome !!! real warcraft story is shit
    blizzard killed kael for nothing

18. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I recently replayed this one, and enjoyed it a lot. You made such an effort with the creative design for the missions, from the Centaur part when trying to contact the horde, to the ship missions, etc.

I liked how you said thanks to the world editor in the credits for allowing you to build a world you could not otherwise build without coding knowledge.
    I felt really sad when I visited the website you mentioned in the credits as helping you with questions with the map editor. From what I can see, it was a french-language community based around war3 and the world editor, but it seems to just have faded away between 2006 and 2008.

19. mauriciolima1

mauriciolima1

Resources:
    Resources:
    A very good campaign to play, hasn't finished yet. The traduction has some serious problemens from french to english, but the storyline is very nice. Thanks for this!