• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Damned

Heron Presents

Rise of the Damned

An Undead Campaign

A campaign about Sylvanas and Arthas... And the long way that they need to do in order to fulfill their destiny.
Like my other campaigns (Humans and Orcs), this is alternate from RoC, so because of that some things are different from the original.

Story

After Sylvanas' death and the destruction of the Alliance base... She became a ghost and now seeks her vengeance... Alongside with her Forsaken army, she will realize that even the death will not stop her for kill her enemies.
And even Arthas, although his death, the people who killed him will suffer his wrath...

Change Log

General
- Added more 8 chapters
- Added 3 Interludes
- Changed the name of the campaign from "Journey of Revenge" to "Rise of the Damned"
- Fixed the bug of force wall in chapter ten

Version 1.1
- Removed the Aura of Blight from Dark Skull, Added the Command Aura for him
- Fixed the decription of Tarantulas upgrades
- In chapter ten, added more warriors to Dalaran Army
- In chapter Four, fixed the problem with the gate and the keys
- Increased the hit points of War golems from 1000 to 1500
- War Golem's attack changed from 20 to 30

Screenshots

Credits

Championfighter25 - campaign's testers
Blizzard Entertainment
Tauer
Ujimasa Hoso
kangyun
loktar
Stefan.K
67chrome
PeeKay
Mr.Goblin
SinisterX
Sellenisko
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Frankster
Dark_Dragon
Darkfang
NaserKingArthas
Sclammerz
Edge45
The Panda
UgoUgo
paladinjst
MatiS
NFWar
Eagle XI
Windrunner29
Sin'dorei300
eubz
General Frank
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Turnro
tomoraider
Warseeker
If I missed someone, please PM me and I'll add you.

Imprtent to Know

- I still learn how to make cinematic scenes to be skipped.
- Chapter Nine will be a little strange.
- It could be that some of the dialogues in the campaign will not be understandable, my English isn't good.
- Because that I haven't time for the campaign, some of the chapters will be same like the campaign in the RoC, but with some difference, so I hope you like it.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

Rise of the Damned (Campaign)

Level 3
I very like your two other campaign :d , i will test this campaign , have you done the epilogue of March of the horde ?

Level 29
Alright, here is my review for the first chapter

Grammar problems
- "Notice: Sylvanas will get abilities when she grows her level"
-Main Quest: "...has taken her body..."
"What the? Who said that?"
"...we heard about what happened here..."
"My lady, there are more corpses..."
"What the hell? Where did this creature come from?"
Optional Quest Ressurection: "...Raise them and they will serve you..."
"My lady, there are two bases...if we destroy their halls it will slow them down."
Optional Quest Stop the Death: "...to reduce them in this land."
"My lady, there are more undead... they are coming towards us now."

Gameplay
-In the opening cinematic, fix the camera position when Sylvanas starts saying her second phrase, when she hears a noise
-Raise Dead should have W hotkey instead of E
-Why does Sylvanas use her 'Animate Ability' whenever she raises her warriors during the Optional Quest?

Level 13
I very like your two other campaign :d , i will test this campaign , have you done the epilogue of March of the horde ?

Thank you :)
And unfortunately I didn't finish the epilogue...

Alright, here is my review for the first chapter

Grammar problems
- "Notice: Sylvanas will get abilities when she grows her level"
-Main Quest: "...has taken her body..."
"What the? Who said that?"
"...we heard about what happened here..."
"My lady, there are more corpses..."
"What the hell? Where did this creature come from?"
Optional Quest Ressurection: "...Raise them and they will serve you..."
"My lady, there are two bases...if we destroy their halls it will slow them down."
Optional Quest Stop the Death: "...to reduce them in this land."
"My lady, there are more undead... they are coming towards us now."

Gameplay
-In the opening cinematic, fix the camera position when Sylvanas starts saying her second phrase, when she hears a noise
-Raise Dead should have W hotkey instead of E
-Why does Sylvanas use her 'Animate Ability' whenever she raises her warriors during the Optional Quest?

Thank you for your reviews... I will try to fix these

Level 29
My review for Chapter Two

Grammar
"Watch out! Some of them are located underground."
Ancient ring: "This article... assimilated into the underground... Also detects..."
"...and then we get out of here."
"...place wasn't so bad after all."
"...get out of here."

Gameplay
-Fix the game cache
-The Skeleton Troll and Crypt Beast have no fixed portrait
-The third group of risen undead warriors are visible even before I raise them
-So if these dead were humans sent by Dalaran, how come there are trolls, mammoths and wolves among them?
-Once we enter the boss room, the buried Crypt Fiends are vulnerable, so my units attack and kill them while the cinematic is happening. You should make them invulnerable during the cinematic

Level 13
My review for Chapter Two

Gameplay
-Fix the game cache - There is no game cache in this chapter

-The Skeleton Troll and Crypt Beast have no fixed portrait - Not my models, so not my fault

-The third group of risen undead warriors are visible even before I raise them - I will fix this

-So if these dead were humans sent by Dalaran, how come there are trolls, mammoths and wolves among them? - use your imagination :)

-Once we enter the boss room, the buried Crypt Fiends are vulnerable, so my units attack and kill them while the cinematic is happening. You should make them invulnerable during the cinematic - I will fix this

Level 29
My review for Chapter Three

Grammar
"We scouted this area..."
"...ready the warriors for battle."
"I don't want the Scourge to destroy them."
Altar of Queen --» Altar of the Queen
-The Apotechary's Shadow Bolt should say "...Hurls a shadowy bolt..." rather than "Hurls a fiery bolt..."
Touch of Death upgrade: "...ability, which allows..."
"...lady, I have new information..."
Optional Quest: "...before he wakes up."

Gameplay
-The Apotechary's second ability is not the one that the description of his Adept Training says he has
-The Slave unit after finishing a building keeps using the 'Building' animation
-The Touch of Death buff needs to be reviewed

Ann

Ann

Level 3
Why in chapter 3, the scourge start to send an overrunning heavy troops, it supposed to be sent after 10-17 minutes mark, i guess? Then should start send an infinite amount of unit at last minute though.
So when will this giant Abomination wake up, you forgot to set this countdown?

Level 3
The ruin of rebirth with the mutation abomination doesn't work. the permenant banshee risen dead ability is too strong

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Map: Journey of Revenge
Version: Demo
Review
by Shar Dundred

Presentation
Your terrain is using decent tile variation and doodads but many places are just too empty in my opinion.
Larger areas feel rather empty. I am not saying that you need to fill everything with tons and tons of doodads, but Chapter One and Chapter Three could use more of them. Chapter Two does not suffer too much from this, but I'd still say that it could benefit from more terrain work - I find the fact that living spiders live among the undead nerubians a bit weird but it did not bother me too much.
I cannot say too much about the Forsaken faction that is added here and therefore will not consider them in my score.
One because you do not play too much with the faction to get a real feel for it, so the player does not get to the later tiers and two because it reminds me way too much of tomoraider's Forsaken faction.

2/5

Story
The campaign does not really have much story in it - apart from Sylvanas escaping from Northrend and wanting to take revenge on Arthas. Apart from that, there is not much to remember here.
Of course, this is a demo with only three missions so there not being too much of a story is expected. I would have liked to see more use of ingame dialogue. The maps feel a bit quiet. Again, I am not saying that you should force too much into it, but especially in Chapter Three, some ingame dialogue could help with it.
The grammar, however, needs some work. I suggest starting with what @LISBOAH suggested so far.

2/5

Gameplay
This short demo campaign consists of two micro missions and one defensive macro map.
I liked the first mission's design around Sylvanas slowly coming to power, personally, I would have prefered seeing this utilized more for the other chapters. Sure, she has recovered her body, but after slowly getting spirit powers, I'd have expected her to take at least one more chapter to really "get used" to her new powers. I do understand why you might have chosen not to do it like that and instead change back to the original leveling up so that is just me throwing an idea around.
The maps' difficulty felt easy to me. I think Chapter One can pretty much stay the way it is, for Chapter Two I'd suggest some tweaks for the boss fight - I am not talking about difficulty, I mean trying to make it more dynamic. Here's a link for a tutorial on how to do that.
Chapter Three could need some more "special" waves, maybe use triggers for that, to add gameplay variety.

2/5

Bugs
I do not have much to add to what @LISBOAH already said. There's some bugs here that need to be fixed.
I will add that I suggest simply pausing (and afterwards unpausing) Sylvanas in Chapter One when she animates new warriors so that the Animate Dead thing does not happen once she gains that ability.

Overall
I think that this campaign needs some work before it can be approved.
Fix the bugs & the grammar, improve the gameplay and the terrain and I can approve this.

2/5
Set to Awaiting Update!

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
No changes still, moved to Substandard.
As I said earlier, if this is still in deep development, I suggest using the Map Development forum instead.
You are going to get your feedback there as well & the Map Section is supposed to be used for finished campaigns/maps.
Also the issues I mentioned in my review sadly still remain unfixed.
If you fix them, I can move this to Approved, even if it is still being developed.

Level 13
No changes still, moved to Substandard.
As I said earlier, if this is still in deep development, I suggest using the Map Development forum instead.
You are going to get your feedback there as well & the Map Section is supposed to be used for finished campaigns/maps.
Also the issues I mentioned in my review sadly still remain unfixed.
If you fix them, I can move this to Approved, even if it is still being developed.

I still work on the Undead\Forsaken campaign, I uploaded this demo just for feedback... If this problematic, I will delete the demo and upload when the campaign will be ready (my english isn't good, so sorry about that)

Level 2
When the campaign will be released, according to the screenshots, it is very interesting. I also wonder who will be the main character here.

Level 2
i cant pass the chapter 2, i have gone through the final gate but the enemy units are invisible. Please help!

Level 3
Hello, so at first I'd like to say I overal like this campaing, it's nice and fun, even though the grammar is a little bit on the bad side but I can still get the meaning just fine.

However in the 7th chapter I collected all the moonstones, got to the gate, killed all the guards but then nothing, not to mention that the moonstones did not combine which is a bit annoying as they take 3 spaces in your inventory that way. This leaves me to wonder that either it's a bug on the trigger event, or all the pieces are actually the same which would explain why they don't combine and don't actually create the moonkey.

Level 13
Hello, so at first I'd like to say I overal like this campaing, it's nice and fun, even though the grammar is a little bit on the bad side but I can still get the meaning just fine.

However in the 7th chapter I collected all the moonstones, got to the gate, killed all the guards but then nothing, not to mention that the moonstones did not combine which is a bit annoying as they take 3 spaces in your inventory that way. This leaves me to wonder that either it's a bug on the trigger event, or all the pieces are actually the same which would explain why they don't combine and don't actually create the moonkey.

This is weird, I checked by myself all the chapters, and I didn't have a problem with chapter 7, but I will check this again...

Level 5

i have the exact same problem I have the pieces with anub'arak and it didn't combine

Level 1
Just a minor tip, for the force field not disappear in chapter 10 , took me half hour to gather all armies at the gate and use meat wagon corpses and necromancer skeleton spawn to spawn a skeleton army on the other side of the gate to trigger the event (Sorry for the bad english.

Level 4
This campaign was a lot of fun to play. There were a few grammatical errors but it doesn't bother der fuhrer. I do want to ask though. Is there a prequel campaign to this? The beginning part didn't really show what happened before the events of the campaign