• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Now it supports 1-12 Players and if you want to see the pictures you should visit this site: http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-rapture

here some little alpha preview screens I'm still working on it:
Warehouse_2.PNG

Warehouse.PNG

Level 4
I officially fucking love you, no seriously, lol.

This looks fucking awesome too!

Can't wait for this to come out!

I would love to see this game with a RPG touch to it, that is of course when you are finished with this game. Which does require a larger map, which raises the question of is there enough file size to do such a thing?

Oh btw, one question, will this be played as splicers, humans, or big daddys, or all of the above.

Level 8
You guys have really out done yourselves, I've followed this for a bit now and you guys have REALLY made some great improvements. There are some great screenies, excellent work, great models. Glad to see everything is on track man, Keep up the great work.

Level 4
You made the big daddy model even cooler :D WAY TO GO! Keep it up :)

The splicer is pretty good to, but I have one request, perhaps an attachment bunny mask for some splicers? :)

You probably know what I'm talking about.

Level 14
Nice work. I can't wait for this projekt to finish. I really want to see your model work because the ingame pictures really caught my attention, and i also saw your Whispers in the dark map, (the old and the newer) and it was entertaining and it was funny. Maybe if you wanted to work furthur on the WITD map you could add some quests and make the map less mirror looking (too much the same).

- But anyways, back to ROR. I hope you will release a little demo so people can get a little taste of what you are sitting with.
Good luck!

Level 4
I sure hope this project doesnt die. So much work put into it. And on top of that it just looks...fantastic. I would help, but I have neither the tools nor the skill :p

Level 14
Okay now I have all what I need and the offical RoR Launcher is alrdy finish with this tool you will every time the newest version from Rise of Rapture and the complete changelog and news information about the map in addtion the tool remove all you older versions of RoR. Here a screenshot
Launcher_Preview.PNG

Level 14
No its just use a little changed warcraft battle system because a projectile system are not the best for warcraft 3 and I have to much negative experince with this system like laggs and high pings in the b-net (look at my other project "Whispers in the Dark") so I have choosen the good old warcraft battle system in order people don't musst learn a new battle system.

Level 10
Wow this game is so awesome! i just saw screenshots and now I regard it as awesome! So that means it must be super awesome when the game comes out! Good luck to you and this map!

ermm hehe well I see you really put effort in this project I'm looking forward on playing this mod! So please do finish it ;)

Level 2
first I think "oh please, another pathetic attempt to make something in wc3 that's far too epic for wc3 to handle. I mean bioshock? how can you create that environment in wc3? haha" (cynical bastard, I know)

then I see the screenshots...and I go, "woah that's cool! This seems like the project that would put months of development into, then everyone gives up on it and everyone waxes on about how cool the map would have been"

then I see your progress, and it makes my day

good luck man, and I look forward to seeing it myself!

Level 3
First things first, i absolutely love BioShock.
when i saw this i was cynical and thought you was going to ruin the series with some awful WC3 style terrain.

Oh how i was wrong. I seriously cannot wait for this project to be finished, and hope to see a story-based map too, more of an RPG of an arena.

*subs

Level 2
First things first, i absolutely love BioShock.
when i saw this i was cynical and thought you was going to ruin the series with some awful WC3 style terrain.

Oh how i was wrong. I seriously cannot wait for this project to be finished, and hope to see a story-based map too, more of an RPG of an arena.

*subs

embrace the cynicism, just be capable of accepting that your wrong and try to enjoy the fact your wrong right? wish I could do that, I'm as stubborn as a mule ^^

question; will there be anything custom-like, or are you trying to carbon copy bioshock as much as possible into a wc3 multiplayer map? (which isn't a bad thing)

I.e custom-plasmids

Level 14
I think I musst tell you guys again... thats are really old screenshots from http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-rapture
and the gameplay is much diffrent with the real bioshock multiplayer you are can play as a Bouncer Big Daddy, Rosie Big Daddy, Thuggish Splicer, Leadhead Splicer and the Spider Splicer but you can't choose them it is accident as which class you can play in addtion you can hack all things in rise of rapture like the shops, secruity bots and turrets and the main target of the gameplay is you musst get some adam in order to win a rise of rapture round you can get adam in order you kill splicer players or you find a angel corpse as a big daddy with your little sister and harvest them. After you have the best adam score you can choose If you want to destroy Rapture or use Rapture as a weapon this will be one of the two cinematics and after them you can restart it for the next round. Moreover I'm open for new plasmid ideas (also spells)

Have a nice day!

Level 2
open for new plasmid ideas? that's all you had to say ^^

1. maybe make ultimate plasmids that can be found and used very sparingly, I.e empty everyone's ammo, or suck up all eve from everyone(not including hypos), or make yourself invulnerable and invisible, but incapable of attacking(allowing you to get out of a tight corner, or get into a good flanking spot)

2. for typical plasmids, are big daddys going to be more powerful then your average joe? maybe you could make some unique plasmids for countering them. you could throw in hypnotize big daddy, and make it either incapacitate him or make him ally you (i.e he can't shoot you, but he you don't control him to make it fair) or you could do some sort of extra damaging plasmid that effects only big daddy, with a long cd, and maybe make it somewhat unique so not everybody is spamming it on him. also, you could make like a super telekinesis of sorts, make it blast everything in front of the caster(I'm assuming you have loose doodads so as to use telekinesis) which damage whoever get hit by them, and for even more havoc make it blast the people themselves, or make it so they can't move. this of course would have to be rare and have either a long cd or limited amount of uses. why stop at telekinesis ? you could make a chain lightning thunder, or aoe fire, or a line of winter blast! maybe spawn an actual hive of bees that you put in your hand or something, and nearby enemies get the same effect as a regular swarm, and it stays forever, but goes on a limited number of people. you could just do more clones with target dummy, but maybe make the clone capable of using some weak plasmids, allowing you to throw off the enemy and dish a little damage. the list goes on for those sort of things

now for more unique plasmids...hmm..you have reload times? or ammo? if so, you could make a plasmid that instantly reloads your weapon, helpful for those long reload time weapons and when you need to shoot right there and now.

that's sall I got now, I could brainstorm some bioshock-esque names if any of them are of interest, but that takes a some considerate thinking and I don't want to waste that XD

Grievous1, can you make the controls based on keyboard only?
It will be so awesome! There are keyboard-movement systems on the Hive already, and there's a really good one made of vJass.
There's an awesome Bullet System by NFWar that is activated by a spell, so you can just press a hotkey and a projectile dummy will shoot out onto your facing angle!

Of course, just my opinion.

Level 14
yeah its still alive dude but we are still needing an animator and a skinner/skin editer :( btw the followers should visit this page http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-rapture because the first post not really the newest but I will working on it and its would be nice if someone could help us with the skin and animation problem... I wish you a nice day.

Wish i could help you out, but hey, i'll stay active as much as i can :]

Level 5
Status
Not open for further replies.