• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retera's Model Studio

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
This is Retera's Model Studio v0.04 Public Beta. It is not finished! But it is something that works and is better than the Matrix Eater application, and is compatible with Patch 1.32.

Retera's Model Studio is the second evolution of the Matrix Eater project. It is a standalone MDL and MDX model editor. The project has diverged from the Matrix Eater that is available here on the Hive, and become a different program with features that do not totally overlap -- although my goal is for this to entirely replace the Matrix Eater.

Features:
  • Open and view MDL and MDX model files
  • CASC Data browser with double-click to view model, or texture, using JCASC from DrSuperGood
  • Attempts to support every single Warcraft III Patch up to and including Patch 1.31
  • MPQ Data browser seamlessly replaces CASC browser when using older patches of the game
  • 24 color "Team Color" menu will seamlessly swap to 12 colors when using an older patch of the game
  • Edit the model geometry (Select by Vertex, Select by Face, Select by Group)
  • Editor hotkeys that were not present in the Matrix Eater predecessor (QWER for edit mode, ASDF for select mode)
  • Control which Geosets are editable at one time
  • Animation Previewing (No particles or ribbons yet)
  • An "Open Internal" menu for loading game models quickly
  • Can open and save MDX to MDL or MDL to MDX using a converter that supports features such as ReplaceableId on Particle Emitters better than some alternatives
  • Includes a basic UV map editor
  • Multiple GUI themes available in the Preferences Window
Experimental Features:
  • Create a new blank model with basic planes and boxes
  • Can open BLP or PNG images for previewing (similar to Magos application)
  • Includes an Edit Textures menu to view the list of used textures, and quickly change used paths.
  • Quick Browse: Opening a new model in the Data Browser will close unsaved old ones (can be turned off in preferences)
  • Customizable layout, allowing you to draw components of the UI into different places
  • Window -> Reset Layout to reload the default layout
  • T-Pose edit mode, which can move mesh based on assigned bones in a more intelligent way
  • Cluster selection mode, similar to Group mode but using connected mesh rather than assigned VertexGroup
  • Animation edit mode, which can edit and modify animations (Warning: uses Hermite and Bezier by default, and inserts incorrect inward and outward tangents that will cause visual "vibrations" of nonlinear models in some cases, this is a fixable bug, needs more time)
  • Hive Browser is a feature that does not work and was added only as a UI mockup to discuss technology, and was included by accident in V0.01. It will be removed in V0.02, as to my knowledge, the required server technology for the hypothetical feature to work was not built.
Limitations:
  • Unlike Matrix Eater, this application cannot pin a Geoset to be visible but not editable
  • Unlike Matrix Eater, this application gives no indication of a node's name graphically in the 2D editing space
  • No user interface to control mounting system for MPQ/CASC hybrid loading system, so it will break again in Patch 1.32 or whenever Blizzard moves data once again
  • Inherits WC3 cached install directory information from Matrix Eater, which can be removed in the case of incompatibility and is located at C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\JWC3\user.profile
  • After running this application, configuration settings from the Matrix Eater application may become corrupted and not work correctly, causing strange white background errors (This application will not be affected)
Required for running Retera's Model Studio:
  • A Java SE Runtime Environment. A bundle is included with a Windows 64-bit EXE launcher but if you want the application to run on Linux or Mac then you must install the Java SE Runtime Environment separately.
  • The above statement means that if you are a 32-bit Windows XP user, the EXE application will not function (only tested with Windows 7 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit)
  • A valid Warcraft III Installation (only tested with Patch 1.22 through Patch 1.31)
Additionally bundled applications (main methods in the same Java application included as EXE files):
  • Includes the AnimTransfer EXE that was previously included with Matrix Eater, which will use the Retera Model Studio MDL and MDX parser, which has significant subtle improvements over the one in the Matrix Eater application thanks to contributions from Ghostwolf.
  • Includes the ObjectEditor EXE shown in YouTube videos that has custom folders based on unit race, and can be opened multiple times simultaneously and can select, copy, and paste multiple Units between two running instances of the software. (Known to have bugs, requires Windows Clipboard, fails on Linux)
  • BlpConv EXE that can be used to convert TGA to BLP using DrSuperGood's blp-iio-plugin on systems where Magos or BLP Lab are not working (although these two alternative tools are typically superior to mine)
v0.04.2b
  • Fixed a bug in "Edit/delete model components" reported by Hive user @Makkad (retains FaceFX chunks now)
v0.04.2
  • Tiny change requested by discord user VictorZ that allows "Rotate Type-In" to work in the Animation Editor. (The code for this was copied almost directly from the Twilac version of 0.05, so you should seriously probably just use 0.05!)

v0.04.1
  • Opening a file in a folder does not walk the directory tree of that folder
  • Scripts -> Skin Splice function added upon request from Vulfar
v0.04 for 1.32.10
  • Fixes the program to work with the new Warcraft III Patch 1.32.10 that changed the TFVS formatting for some reason.
  • Includes some really minor internal bug fixes over the previous version
v0.04:
  • Merged the version known as "Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack" to be the mainline version of the tool going forward (this version includes all of the fixes listed here)
  • Added support for Reforged assets and a bunch of bug fixes related to working with those
  • Added "Scripts -> Assign FormatVersion 800" to convert Reforged Classic Models to the legacy classic model format, as well as "Scripts -> Assign FormatVersion 1000" to convert legacy game client models to match the format used by the "Classic Graphics" of Reforged.
  • Added a "Reforged Graphics Mode" and "Classic Graphics Mode" in the data sources chooser panel
  • Added the "Model" tab which is buggy and unfinished
v0.03:
  • Changed the program to use Java 11. Had trouble exporting the JAR from Eclipse, so I changed it back to Java 8 for now.
  • Changed the program to use the latest version of DrSuperGood's JCASC, which requires Java 11 to use, then I modified his code so that it did not require Java 11 so that we could continue deployment in the previous fashion.
  • Changed the startup sequence to use a "data source chooser" view, which is also available in Preferences. This allows users to load CASC or MPQ data in a way that is intended to be straightforward and clear to the user, and for CASC data the user able to choose the locale to load from the game. Locales that are present in the CASC's list but have not been downloaded from Blizzard are shown in dark red. These dark red options won't work until you launch Warcraft III at least one time using that locale.
  • Changed the startup sequence to return the user to the "data source chooser" any time that the program crashes during startup, so that the user is always able to reconfigure their settings.
  • Changed the model previewer to include the rendering of Particle Emitters, so that users can have a better feel for how their models might look in-game. This is a nontrivial task that involves many hundreds of lines of code replicating the behavior of the game and it was only possible because of the works of Ghostwolf, which I translated nearly directly from JavaScript into Java.
    • "Squirt" mode particles will emit at random times when they should not because of a difference between my code and Ghostwolf's code (his does not have this bug).
    • Also, priority plane and layering are known to have issues.
  • Added a JSON parser that loads the "filealiases.json" data when using CASC. This file is used by the 1.30 and 1.31 clients to support removed legacy files inside the Warcraft III game, and it will now be supported by the Retera Model Studio when viewing models. This will fix missing textures in some instances when the textures were not missing in-game.
  • Changed the default application data folder to be named "ReteraStudio" instead of "JWC3". This change removes bad interactions with the "Matrix Eater" application where the "Retera Model Studio" and "Matrix Eater" would write clashing versions of the same data to the same settings file (see "AppData/Roaming/ReteraStudio" on your computer).
    • This will cause a reset of all user settings for the Retera Model Studio version v0.03.
    • If you wish to avoid a settings reset, copy your settings file from "AppData/Roaming/JWC3". However I do not promise backwards compatibility.
  • Fixed an issue with the Quick Browse option so that turning it off and on will work correctly.
  • Added a scroll bar to the "Change Animation Lengths (by Scaling)" popup. (Thanks Mythic!) This popup is now listed under the "Scripts" menu.
  • Added 3 new GUI Themes: HiFi, Acryl, and Aluminium. These are all from the JTattoo library. Also, the "Dark" theme was technically the "Noire" theme from the JTattoo library, and it has been renamed accordingly. Aluminium is now the default theme (this can still be changed in the Preferences Window).
  • Changed code in the BLP loading pipeline used for rendering models and icons that aims to avoid destruction of texture data that is beneath an alpha channel yet loaded on a model's surface regardless of the alpha channel. Previously visual artifacts were visible in some cases that were not in accordance with how the textures would display in the Warcraft III game.
  • Added an "Edit" button in the Time Bound Chooser panel, but it does not actually work yet and will be fixed in a future version.
  • Changed some code with the "X" button on the program and how closing model files functions, so that it should not be able to bug out and fail to close a model or fail to close the application in a way unexpected by the user.
  • Added a system in the 3D displays that compares the aspect ratios known to the application with the aspect ratios known to the graphics card that attempts to use this information to fix the renderer when used on desktops that have the UI Scale setting specified. This was tested on Windows 10 with the UI scale, and it still fails on multiple monitor configurations where the second or third monitor have differing UI Scale specified. However, it should always work correctly on the main display when previously it may not have worked correctly at all.
  • Added a Preferences option to disable rendering particle emitters, as well as a separate option to disable rendering particle emitters in the Editor view.
  • Changed the "Use Boxes for Pivot Points" option so that it also affects the 2D displays in the Animation Editor.
  • Changed the Right-Click mouse button not to do anything on the Outliner widget, so that it can popup an "Edit" option on a popup menu in a future version of the software.
  • Changed the code that converts program data to MDX at Save time, so that some models that previously would not save due to state corruption inside the Model Studio will now be able to save. There may be more similar bugs yet to be fixed.
  • Changed the SLK parser used to load Unit Data so that it should be able to load data from the Reign of Chaos and from Project Revolution, in case users wish to load that data using the new game data source choosing settings.
  • Changed the Unit Browser to reload its contents when the program data source is changed. Previously, the "View -> Change Game Directory" option was likely to change the internal setting but keep previously cached information in the Unit Browser.
  • Added a command line option, "-forcedataprompt" to force the program to start with the Data Source Chooser window, so that users can specify their Warcraft III game data source without launching the application.
  • Changed how missing textures resolve so that they should resolve to a white surface. This should hopefully remove the irritating popup.
  • Attempted to make the Perspective view constantly repaint itself to always update dynamically, however in practice this is still not working in some cases.
  • Changed the texture loader so that a default Tree texture will be loaded when the replaceable texture ID is not known. This does not yet help with previewing cliff models but it means that the Mountain Giant and similar models should preview decently.
  • Added a scroll bar to the Texture Manager shown with "Tools -> Edit Textures" for use on models with many textures
  • Reorganized some of the program menus to attempt to make them more logical (Based on some suggestions from Hayate, many thanks! If only this program could be updated as quickly as his mockup UI!) More changes to these may be added in a future version, as they are still rather disorganized.
    • The new "Scripts" is a place for one-off script utilities that don't fit anywhere else, and maybe be user modifiable to include custom code in the future. At this time, it is only a preset list.
    • "Scripts -> Export Animated to Static Mesh" is a new option to build snapshot models. Unfortunately, it only snapshots the currently timeline in the Editor view, not in the Viewer that you see when you start the application. Also, it discards all node information, including Billboarded nodes, so camera-centric planes will be left to face forward instead of the camera.
    • "Edit -> Optimize" now include an option to merge all geosets that share like materials and visibility that is called "Minimize Geosets". Misha and a few other users have been asking for this option for years. I have not tested it very extensively and there may still be bugs in it. It worked on one or two sample cases that I experimented with.
  • In v0.01/v0.02 I added an option in Program Preferences to allow loading Non-BLP textures, so that users can open a PNG file or a model that references a PNG file even though these are generally not valid MDX files when used inside the Warcraft III game. This option may have been changed in the newer one to fix bugs, according to some of my code history information.
  • Fixed a crash relating to parsing WTS files for unit data, such as when the Data Source Chooser is used to load a custom map file as an MPQ.
  • Changed "Error: A matrix's bone id was not referencing a real bone!" to be a console log line instead of a popup, so that users do not receive a spamming wave of popups when opening a model file.
  • Changed the model parser to accept models with missing Pivot Points (as the Warcraft III game does), so that the Retera Model Studio is able to open some MDX models that previously would have caused a crash popup.
v0.02:
  • Removed Hive Browser UI mockup that did not work
  • Wrapped the startup code in a block that will catch and display errors in a GUI
  • Fixed an issue where users who had never run the Matrix Eater application in the past would have the Retera Model Studio application crash the first time it was run
Personal note: On the Matrix Eater application, I left a note where I said:
I really wanted to revamp this program and add new features and write a tutorial before I uploaded it onto the Hive, but I just haven't had time recently, and I want to stop sitting on this updated version because it has several internal fixes that should make it less likely to save buggy MDX models and so I feel the community deserves this new version in case anybody is using the program -- regardless of whether I end up getting the time to improve it to match up with my dreams or not.

This application does not solve that concern of mine. I am not uploading this as a finished product. But as we have seen with Patch 1.31, some times, software is pushed into production when it isn't ready. That is the case with this application. I want more than I have. I just can't stand not to share with the community what I have anymore, because I feel a deep sense of guilt for anyone who is using the Matrix Eater application and forcing themselves to mod on Patch 1.26 or some nonsense, while the above application existed on my computer and has for almost a year.

I believe in the power of open source, and this application is entirely open source. I have been developing it for about two years since the Matrix Eater was posted, and it has evolved out of the same codebase. This is the same GitHub link that was included on the Matrix Eater program, but it now contains the source for Retera Model Studio:
Retera/JWC3
Previews
Contents

Retera Model Studio 0.04.4m (For Patch 1.33) (Binary)

Retera's Model Studio 0.4.5k (Experimental) (Binary)

Reviews
Archian
If it wasn't for this tool, Reforged Modeling wouldn't have become what it is today. In recognition of this, the Hive Administration team awards Retera's Model Studio a Director's Cut status. @Retera
Level 3
If that key is not found that should be okay. You will have to manually click the "Add Warcraft III Installation" option to add your Warcraft III installation directory as a source of game data.

If you are using the latest Patch 1.32 installation, then you need to download the program from here instead:

Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack

Eventually I have plans to replace the official version of this tool with one that can interchangeably use both the old game version and the new game version.

Thank you! It works just fine now. Are there any tutorial videos out there by the way?

Level 9
Unknown error occurred:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.matrixeater.src.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:1361)
at com.matrixeater.src.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:299)
at com.matrixeater.src.MainFrame$1.run(MainFrame.java:249)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

This error is still persisting for my running of this application.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey, could you make it so that importing files from a folder (the whole folder) would end up in multiple instances of models loaded (windows) or having them loaded on the file browser as they would be an .mpq?
Could we load folders the same way we load .mpq files?

Yes you can do that. I think the folder data source option might be bugged on 0.03 but if you use the Reforged compatible version (which still works fine on SD content.... most of the time) then you will see:

In Preferences, in the Data Sources section there is an "Add Folder" option beneath the option to add MPQ or CASC. It works just exactly how you're describing in the fixed version.

The older version had a bug where sometimes it would start trying to use relative paths starting with C: and it really didnt work correctly at all because of that mistake.

Edit: Also note, if you do that then it treats the folder as read only. There isn't any code to "write back to" the MPQ and CASC data sources, so I made that entire system be a read only system.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Eyyy, is there any way to make the program remember its own folder as the default for browsing? It does remember the last folder I've been to but if I delete it/rename it, whatnot, I always get the C's Documents.

EDIT: could you make the program support .tga textures better? Some load, some don't.

Last edited:
Level 7
I'm getting this error when trying to open this program. I'm ruinning 64-bit Windows 10.
Any idea what could be causing this?

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ff9ecb7c291, pid=15300, tid=172
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_25-b18) (build 1.8.0_25-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.25-b02 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [d3d9.dll+0xc291]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# Crash Report
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

--------------- T H R E A D ---------------

Current thread (0x000000001fc73000): JavaThread "AWT-Windows" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=172, stack(0x00000000203e0000,0x00000000204e0000)]

siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00007ff9ee208297

Registers:
RAX=0x0000000000000074, RBX=0x000000000000004a, RCX=0x0000000000c0411f, RDX=0x0000000000000040
RSP=0x00000000204dd9a0, RBP=0x0000000000c0411f, RSI=0x0000000000000000, RDI=0x0000000000000000
R8 =0x000000000000004a, R9 =0x0000000000000000, R10=0x000000000000004a, R11=0x0000000000200000
R12=0x0000000000000000, R13=0x0000000000010000, R14=0x0000000024802620, R15=0x000000002479d9d0
RIP=0x00007ff9ecb7c291, EFLAGS=0x0000000000010246

Top of Stack: (sp=0x00000000204dd9a0)
0x00000000204dd9a0: 000000000000004a 000000002479ff60
0x00000000204dd9b0: 00000000248027c0 0000000024802ac4
0x00000000204dd9c0: 0000000000000000 00000000204dde30
0x00000000204dd9d0: 00000000204dddb0 000000002479d9d0
0x00000000204dd9e0: 0000000000000000 000000002479ff60
0x00000000204dd9f0: 00000000247e1000 00000000204dda54
0x00000000204dda00: 00000000204dda58 00000000204dda5c
0x00000000204dda10: 00000000204dda50 0000000000000000
0x00000000204dda20: 0000000000000000 0000000000000001
0x00000000204dda30: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
0x00000000204dda40: 00000000246e4468 0000000000000000
0x00000000204dda50: 0000004a00000007 0000005600000000
0x00000000204dda60: 0000000000000017 000000002479ff60
0x00000000204dda70: 00000000247e1000 0000000000000000
0x00000000204dda80: 0000000000000000 00000000247fbef0
0x00000000204dda90: 00000000001a0018 00000000247e12d0

Instructions: (pc=0x00007ff9ecb7c291)
0x00007ff9ecb7c271: 85 32 01 00 00 48 83 c7 78 49 83 ec 01 75 91 4c
0x00007ff9ecb7c281: 8b 75 d0 33 ff 85 f6 0f 85 60 b2 03 00 48 8b e9
0x00007ff9ecb7c291: 6b 3d ff bf 68 01 00 00 41 89 9e 60 01 00 00 49
0x00007ff9ecb7c2a1: 89 8e 78 01 00 00 48 85 c9 0f 84 52 b2 03 00 8b

Register to memory mapping:

RAX=0x0000000000000074 is an unknown value
RBX=0x000000000000004a is an unknown value
RCX=0x0000000000c0411f is an unknown value
RDX=0x0000000000000040 is an unknown value
RSP=0x00000000204dd9a0 is pointing into the stack for thread: 0x000000001fc73000
RBP=0x0000000000c0411f is an unknown value
RSI=0x0000000000000000 is an unknown value
RDI=0x0000000000000000 is an unknown value
R8 =0x000000000000004a is an unknown value
R9 =0x0000000000000000 is an unknown value
R10=0x000000000000004a is an unknown value
R11=0x0000000000200000 is an unknown value
R12=0x0000000000000000 is an unknown value
R13=0x0000000000010000 is an unknown value
R14=0x0000000024802620 is an unknown value
R15=0x000000002479d9d0 is an unknown value

Stack: [0x00000000203e0000,0x00000000204e0000], sp=0x00000000204dd9a0, free space=1014k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
C [d3d9.dll+0xc291]
C [d3d9.dll+0xe707]
C [d3d9.dll+0x1e9fe]
C [d3d9.dll+0xb172]
C [d3d9.dll+0x16754]
C [awt.dll+0x19e6d]
C [awt.dll+0x19fcb]
C [awt.dll+0x1a97f]
C [awt.dll+0x1e505]
C [awt.dll+0x1b649]
C 0x0000000002695534

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j sun.java2d.d3d.D3DGraphicsDevice.getDeviceCapsNative(I)I+0
j sun.java2d.d3d.D3DGraphicsDevice.access$000(I)I+1
j sun.java2d.d3d.D3DGraphicsDevice$1.run()V+8
v ~StubRoutines::call_stub
j sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.eventLoop()V+0
j sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.run()V+58
j java.lang.Thread.run()V+11
v ~StubRoutines::call_stub

--------------- P R O C E S S ---------------

Java Threads: ( => current thread )
0x0000000022d52000 JavaThread "Swing-Shell" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=6492, stack(0x0000000024460000,0x0000000024560000)]
0x0000000002580800 JavaThread "DestroyJavaVM" [_thread_blocked, id=8352, stack(0x0000000002480000,0x0000000002580000)]
0x000000001ff28800 JavaThread "AWT-EventQueue-0" [_thread_in_native, id=18812, stack(0x0000000022150000,0x0000000022250000)]
=>0x000000001fc73000 JavaThread "AWT-Windows" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=172, stack(0x00000000203e0000,0x00000000204e0000)]
0x000000001fc4e800 JavaThread "AWT-Shutdown" [_thread_blocked, id=260, stack(0x00000000202e0000,0x00000000203e0000)]
0x000000001fc35800 JavaThread "Java2D Disposer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=17576, stack(0x00000000201e0000,0x00000000202e0000)]
0x000000001da85000 JavaThread "Service Thread" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=7340, stack(0x000000001f360000,0x000000001f460000)]
0x000000001d9fa000 JavaThread "C1 CompilerThread3" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3460, stack(0x000000001f260000,0x000000001f360000)]
0x000000001d9f6000 JavaThread "C2 CompilerThread2" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4904, stack(0x000000001f160000,0x000000001f260000)]
0x000000001d9f1800 JavaThread "C2 CompilerThread1" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=10516, stack(0x000000001f060000,0x000000001f160000)]
0x000000001d9e8800 JavaThread "C2 CompilerThread0" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=1208, stack(0x000000001ef60000,0x000000001f060000)]
0x000000001d9e6800 JavaThread "Attach Listener" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=15440, stack(0x000000001ee60000,0x000000001ef60000)]
0x000000001c30e800 JavaThread "Signal Dispatcher" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=12424, stack(0x000000001ed60000,0x000000001ee60000)]
0x0000000002678000 JavaThread "Finalizer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4856, stack(0x000000001ec60000,0x000000001ed60000)]
0x000000001c2fc000 JavaThread "Reference Handler" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=5096, stack(0x000000001eb60000,0x000000001ec60000)]

Other Threads:
0x000000001c2f5800 VMThread [stack: 0x000000001ea60000,0x000000001eb60000] [id=5016]
0x000000001da87000 WatcherThread [stack: 0x000000001f460000,0x000000001f560000] [id=16532]

VM state:not at safepoint (normal execution)

VM Mutex/Monitor currently owned by a thread: None

Heap:
PSYoungGen total 76288K, used 25132K [0x000000076b000000, 0x0000000770500000, 0x00000007c0000000)
eden space 65536K, 38% used [0x000000076b000000,0x000000076c88b210,0x000000076f000000)
from space 10752K, 0% used [0x000000076fa80000,0x000000076fa80000,0x0000000770500000)
to space 10752K, 0% used [0x000000076f000000,0x000000076f000000,0x000000076fa80000)
ParOldGen total 175104K, used 0K [0x00000006c1000000, 0x00000006cbb00000, 0x000000076b000000)
object space 175104K, 0% used [0x00000006c1000000,0x00000006c1000000,0x00000006cbb00000)
Metaspace used 13199K, capacity 13342K, committed 13696K, reserved 1060864K
class space used 1791K, capacity 1833K, committed 1920K, reserved 1048576K

Card table byte_map: [0x0000000011a40000,0x0000000012240000] byte_map_base: 0x000000000e438000

Marking Bits: (ParMarkBitMap*) 0x000000006ce3d490
Begin Bits: [0x0000000013190000, 0x0000000017150000)
End Bits: [0x0000000017150000, 0x000000001b110000)

Polling page: 0x0000000000b50000

CodeCache: size=245760Kb used=3516Kb max_used=3522Kb free=242243Kb
bounds [0x0000000002680000, 0x0000000002a00000, 0x0000000011680000]
total_blobs=1298 nmethods=844 adapters=369
compilation: enabled

Compilation events (10 events):
Event: 2.329 Thread 0x000000001d9f1800 840 4 java.util.HashMap::hash (20 bytes)
Event: 2.329 Thread 0x000000001d9fa000 841 3 java.lang.ref.SoftReference::<init> (13 bytes)
Event: 2.329 Thread 0x000000001d9fa000 nmethod 841 0x00000000029ee490 code [0x00000000029ee600, 0x00000000029ee8f0]
Event: 2.329 Thread 0x000000001d9fa000 842 3 java.util.HashMap::containsKey (18 bytes)
Event: 2.329 Thread 0x000000001d9f1800 nmethod 840 0x00000000029f16d0 code [0x00000000029f1800, 0x00000000029f18b8]
Event: 2.329 Thread 0x000000001d9fa000 nmethod 842 0x00000000029f1010 code [0x00000000029f11a0, 0x00000000029f1598]
Event: 2.329 Thread 0x000000001d9fa000 843 3 java.util.HashSet::contains (9 bytes)
Event: 2.329 Thread 0x000000001d9fa000 nmethod 843 0x00000000029f0bd0 code [0x00000000029f0d40, 0x00000000029f0f68]
Event: 2.330 Thread 0x000000001d9fa000 844 3 java.util.TreeMap::parentOf (13 bytes)
Event: 2.330 Thread 0x000000001d9fa000 nmethod 844 0x00000000029f05d0 code [0x00000000029f0720, 0x00000000029f08d0]

GC Heap History (0 events):
No events

Deoptimization events (6 events):
Event: 0.966 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Uncommon trap: reason=unreached action=reinterpret pc=0x0000000002811c78 method=java.lang.ThreadLocal.get()Ljava/lang/Object; @ 11
Event: 2.266 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Uncommon trap: reason=class_check action=maybe_recompile pc=0x00000000029099b4 method=java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read([BII)I @ 100
Event: 2.267 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Uncommon trap: reason=class_check action=maybe_recompile pc=0x00000000029099b4 method=java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read([BII)I @ 100
Event: 2.267 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Uncommon trap: reason=class_check action=maybe_recompile pc=0x00000000029099b4 method=java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read([BII)I @ 100
Event: 2.286 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Uncommon trap: reason=class_check action=maybe_recompile pc=0x000000000290ffb4 method=java.io.FilterInputStream.read([BII)I @ 7

Internal exceptions (10 events):
Event: 0.832 Thread 0x0000000002580800 Exception <a 'java/lang/NoSuchFieldError': method resolution failed> (0x000000076b84f060) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\methodHandles.cpp, line 1159]
Event: 0.833 Thread 0x0000000002580800 Exception <a 'java/lang/NoSuchFieldError': method resolution failed> (0x000000076b85df18) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\methodHandles.cpp, line 1159]
Event: 0.833 Thread 0x0000000002580800 Exception <a 'java/lang/NoSuchFieldError': method resolution failed> (0x000000076b861368) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\methodHandles.cpp, line 1159]
Event: 0.900 Thread 0x0000000002580800 Exception <a 'java/io/FileNotFoundException'> (0x000000076b8a9da8) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\jni.cpp, line 716]
Event: 0.952 Thread 0x0000000002580800 Exception <a 'java/io/FileNotFoundException'> (0x000000076bceaaf8) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\jni.cpp, line 716]
Event: 0.966 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Implicit null exception at 0x0000000002811b88 to 0x0000000002811c65
Event: 2.284 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Exception <a 'java/security/PrivilegedActionException'> (0x000000076c5733b8) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\jvm.cpp, line 1312]
Event: 2.284 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Exception <a 'java/security/PrivilegedActionException'> (0x000000076c5748b0) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\jvm.cpp, line 1312]
Event: 2.285 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Exception <a 'java/security/PrivilegedActionException'> (0x000000076c5792a8) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\jvm.cpp, line 1312]
Event: 2.285 Thread 0x000000001ff28800 Exception <a 'java/security/PrivilegedActionException'> (0x000000076c57a7a0) thrown at [D:\re\workspace\8-2-build-windows-amd64-cygwin\jdk8u25\1677\hotspot\src\share\vm\prims\jvm.cpp, line 1312]

Events (10 events):
Event: 2.691 loading class sun/java2d/pipe/RenderQueue done
Event: 2.691 loading class sun/java2d/d3d/D3DRenderQueue done
Event: 2.691 loading class sun/java2d/pipe/RenderBuffer
Event: 2.692 loading class sun/java2d/pipe/RenderBuffer done
Event: 2.692 loading class sun/java2d/d3d/D3DRenderQueue$1
Event: 2.692 loading class sun/java2d/d3d/D3DRenderQueue$1 done
Event: 2.692 loading class sun/java2d/d3d/D3DGraphicsDevice$1Result
Event: 2.692 loading class sun/java2d/d3d/D3DGraphicsDevice$1Result done
Event: 2.692 loading class sun/java2d/d3d/D3DGraphicsDevice$1
Event: 2.692 loading class sun/java2d/d3d/D3DGraphicsDevice$1 done

Dynamic libraries:
0x00007ff6e5fc0000 - 0x00007ff6e5ff4000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\java.exe
0x00007ff9fac00000 - 0x00007ff9fadf0000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
0x00007ff9f9960000 - 0x00007ff9f9a12000 C:\Windows\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
0x00007ff9f7d90000 - 0x00007ff9f8033000 C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
0x00007ff9f5d80000 - 0x00007ff9f5e0f000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\apphelp.dll
0x00007ff9fab10000 - 0x00007ff9fabb3000 C:\Windows\System32\ADVAPI32.dll
0x00007ff9fa920000 - 0x00007ff9fa9be000 C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll
0x00007ff9faa70000 - 0x00007ff9fab07000 C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll
0x00007ff9fa550000 - 0x00007ff9fa670000 C:\Windows\System32\RPCRT4.dll
0x00007ff9fa780000 - 0x00007ff9fa914000 C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll
0x00007ff9f7d60000 - 0x00007ff9f7d81000 C:\Windows\System32\win32u.dll
0x00007ff9fa670000 - 0x00007ff9fa696000 C:\Windows\System32\GDI32.dll
0x00007ff9f8040000 - 0x00007ff9f81d4000 C:\Windows\System32\gdi32full.dll
0x00007ff9f81e0000 - 0x00007ff9f827e000 C:\Windows\System32\msvcp_win.dll
0x00007ff9f8a00000 - 0x00007ff9f8afa000 C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
0x00007ff9eb280000 - 0x00007ff9eb505000 C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.18362.657_none_e6c5b579130e3898\COMCTL32.dll
0x00007ff9f9590000 - 0x00007ff9f98c6000 C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll
0x00007ff9f8c30000 - 0x00007ff9f8cb0000 C:\Windows\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll
0x00007ff9f9930000 - 0x00007ff9f995e000 C:\Windows\System32\IMM32.DLL
0x000000006cec0000 - 0x000000006cf92000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\msvcr100.dll
0x000000006c660000 - 0x000000006ceba000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
0x00007ff9fa310000 - 0x00007ff9fa318000 C:\Windows\System32\PSAPI.DLL
0x00007ff9f5c20000 - 0x00007ff9f5c44000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINMM.dll
0x00007ff9f4480000 - 0x00007ff9f4489000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WSOCK32.dll
0x00007ff9f9520000 - 0x00007ff9f958f000 C:\Windows\System32\WS2_32.dll
0x00007ff9f5af0000 - 0x00007ff9f5b1d000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINMMBASE.dll
0x00007ff9f8b00000 - 0x00007ff9f8b4a000 C:\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll
0x000000006c650000 - 0x000000006c65f000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\verify.dll
0x000000006c620000 - 0x000000006c648000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\java.dll
0x000000006c600000 - 0x000000006c616000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\zip.dll
0x00007ff9f9c20000 - 0x00007ff9fa305000 C:\Windows\System32\SHELL32.dll
0x00007ff9fa9c0000 - 0x00007ff9faa69000 C:\Windows\System32\shcore.dll
0x00007ff9f8280000 - 0x00007ff9f89ff000 C:\Windows\System32\windows.storage.dll
0x00007ff9f7b00000 - 0x00007ff9f7b1f000 C:\Windows\System32\profapi.dll
0x00007ff9f7b40000 - 0x00007ff9f7b8a000 C:\Windows\System32\powrprof.dll
0x00007ff9f7ad0000 - 0x00007ff9f7ae0000 C:\Windows\System32\UMPDC.dll
0x00007ff9f9020000 - 0x00007ff9f9072000 C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll
0x00007ff9f7ae0000 - 0x00007ff9f7af1000 C:\Windows\System32\kernel.appcore.dll
0x00007ff9f7ce0000 - 0x00007ff9f7cf7000 C:\Windows\System32\cryptsp.dll
0x00007ff9f6eb0000 - 0x00007ff9f6ee3000 C:\Windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
0x00007ff9f8c00000 - 0x00007ff9f8c26000 C:\Windows\System32\bcrypt.dll
0x00007ff9f79f0000 - 0x00007ff9f7a15000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\USERENV.dll
0x00007ff9f7510000 - 0x00007ff9f751c000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CRYPTBASE.dll
0x000000006c5e0000 - 0x000000006c5fa000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\net.dll
0x00007ff9f7340000 - 0x00007ff9f73a7000 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll
0x00007ff9f7050000 - 0x00007ff9f708a000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\IPHLPAPI.DLL
0x00007ff9f9c10000 - 0x00007ff9f9c18000 C:\Windows\System32\NSI.dll
0x00007ff9f28b0000 - 0x00007ff9f28c6000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dhcpcsvc6.DLL
0x00007ff9f2890000 - 0x00007ff9f28ac000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dhcpcsvc.DLL
0x00007ff9f7090000 - 0x00007ff9f715a000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DNSAPI.dll
0x000000006c5c0000 - 0x000000006c5d1000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\nio.dll
0x000000006c420000 - 0x000000006c5b8000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\awt.dll
0x00007ff9fa320000 - 0x00007ff9fa3e4000 C:\Windows\System32\OLEAUT32.dll
0x00007ff9f5e50000 - 0x00007ff9f5ee9000 C:\Windows\system32\uxtheme.dll
0x00007ff9f8e60000 - 0x00007ff9f8f95000 C:\Windows\System32\MSCTF.dll
0x00007ff9e4640000 - 0x00007ff9e46bf000 C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\Sonic Suite 3\Foundation\x64\SS3DevProps.dll
0x00007ff9fa3f0000 - 0x00007ff9fa546000 C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll
0x0000000180000000 - 0x0000000180272000 C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSSHooks64.dll
0x00007ff9f6380000 - 0x00007ff9f63ad000 C:\Windows\system32\DWMAPI.DLL
0x00007ff9ecf10000 - 0x00007ff9ecfb9000 C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.18362.657_none_2a27eafe46699ec9\comctl32.dll
0x000000006c3d0000 - 0x000000006c417000 C:\Program Files\ReterasModelStudioV0.04.2020.03.03\jre\bin\fontmanager.dll
0x00007ff9ecb70000 - 0x00007ff9ecd37000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll
0x00007ff9f6740000 - 0x00007ff9f6760000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxcore.dll
0x00007ff9f9a20000 - 0x00007ff9f9ac2000 C:\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll
0x00007ff9f1540000 - 0x00007ff9f15b2000 C:\Windows\System32\MMDevApi.dll
0x00007ff9f78d0000 - 0x00007ff9f78fa000 C:\Windows\System32\DEVOBJ.dll
0x00007ff9dd140000 - 0x00007ff9dd29d000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\AUDIOSES.DLL
0x00007ff9f3410000 - 0x00007ff9f3563000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\wintypes.dll
0x00007ff9f4490000 - 0x00007ff9f457f000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\PropSys.dll
0x00007ff9f0e50000 - 0x00007ff9f0f3f000 C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_1ffb45b74346b667\nvldumdx.dll
0x00007ff9f2ce0000 - 0x00007ff9f2cea000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll
0x00007ff9f7b90000 - 0x00007ff9f7cd9000 C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll
0x00007ff9f7b20000 - 0x00007ff9f7b32000 C:\Windows\System32\MSASN1.dll
0x0000000024a90000 - 0x0000000024aec000 C:\Windows\System32\WINTRUST.DLL
0x00007ff9f9080000 - 0x00007ff9f909d000 C:\Windows\System32\imagehlp.dll
0x00007ff99b620000 - 0x00007ff99cb24000 C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_1ffb45b74346b667\nvd3dumx.dll
0x00007ff9e4d40000 - 0x00007ff9e4f34000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll

VM Arguments:
java_command: ReterasModelStudio.jar
java_class_path (initial): ReterasModelStudio.jar
Launcher Type: SUN_STANDARD

Environment Variables:
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\isak0\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
USERNAME=isak0
OS=Windows_NT
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, AuthenticAMD

--------------- S Y S T E M ---------------

CPU:total 12 (12 cores per cpu, 1 threads per core) family 23 model 113 stepping 0, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1, sse4.2, popcnt, avx, avx2, aes, clmul, mmxext, 3dnowpref, lzcnt, sse4a, tsc, tscinvbit, tscinv, bmi1

Memory: 4k page, physical 16707512k(8298700k free), swap 20639672k(6321080k free)

vm_info: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.25-b02) for windows-amd64 JRE (1.8.0_25-b18), built on Oct 7 2014 14:25:37 by "java_re" with MS VC++ 10.0 (VS2010)

time: Tue Mar 10 18:53:42 2020
elapsed time: 2 seconds (0d 0h 0m 2s)

Level 12
Just some quick encouragements.
This tool is so useful, thank your Retera for putting all this together. Amazing work.

Just hoping you still have the time to work on it these days and will be able to release a new version with optimized code.
I understand it takes a lot of work, but I want you to understand your efforts are really appreciated.

Thanks again for this... so much.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Ey, I'm having issues trying to have heads animated. I followed your Frost Lich Jaina tutorial but I seem to get a WoW's model head put on another similar WoW model to animate after importing it and binding it to a bone of the lower neck.

EDIT: also, ey man, could you make it so that you can see how the imported texture looks or where it is located when you are wanting to import textures from other models to your currently loaded model. Basically, as a sort of previzualization.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Any way to make cameras from current view like in Magos'?
Some camera related options would really be needed, manipulating cameras for animations for instance.

EDIT: how can one deselect geosets/groups from more being selected at once. Not with Shift or CTRL I get the one I click on selected instead of deselected.
I think ALT works for that.

Last edited:
Level 3
Awesome tool! I just found out about it and have to say, it's in no way making modeling easy, but it does make it accessible for a noob like myself. I used it to remove hero glow and the feathery totem of the shadow hunter so I can use it as a regular unit for my all-troll techtree.

However, when I tried to add the hero glow to the forest troll warlord, I ran into an issue.
It doesn't use the correct "upgraded" versions of creeps. High priest loads up shadow priest instead and clicking troll warlord opens the troll trapper unit. Berserker leads to the base troll. I checked around to see if this was a trolls only thing, but many other creeps have the same issue.

Level 16
I've only started using it recently but it's pretty damn powerful. It may not be perfect yet, but I'd say it's just as good - and is an excellent tool to use together with Magos'.
Truly a very useful tool that I gladly welcome to my arsenal.

Bugs I've noticed:
>
"New" and "Recalcuate Normals" options use the same key shortcuts (Ctrl + N)
Possible Fix: Remap one of them or allow us to remap them on our own in the Hotkeys tab of the Preferences window
> some Geosets with Geoset Animations (particularly those that apply a color/tint) become invisible in the main View tab of RMS. They display normally in the Edit tab though.
> In the Edit tab, while the "Show Normals" option is enabled, normals will remain displayed on the 3D viewer even when you toggle off the display of those Geosets

Suggestions:
> An "Ignore backfacing" option (toggleable) would really help make selecting things more convenient in RMS. Right now it just selects everything it touches (which is good in its own way). I worked around this by deselecting the unneeded stuff afterwards but that's still added inconvenience and additional time needed to be spent.
> Adding a better way to add cameras would be nice. Following Magos' method of making new cameras from current view just as deepstrasz mentioned would be very convenient. But I wanna go one step further and suggest something like this:

(This is just a concept of the feature made through photoshop)
This would really make setting up portrait cameras be very convenient in my opinion as well as remove the need to import the model just to see if it was aligned properly.
An explanation of the framing is shown here:

All-in-all, I'm still really glad I discovered this tool and I'm looking forward to making more stuff with it in the future.
Good job, Retera :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 12
I support the suggestions made by @JB_McKnight . It would really be awesome additions, besides the ability to edit the properties mentioned in the Reforged Hack version thread !

Level 1
I have a really Dumb fucking Question... But, i need to know
How do i add cameras? Do i need to use the matrix script or smth?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Would love for the texture window to remember the folder it was last in as the program remembers the last folder for the models.

Also, would be neat if the window size of the browsers would remain as I stretch them to. They always return to their smaller/initial size. It's annoying when you're browsing through many subfolders of a main folder.

Level 9
i got 2 questions:

- is there a ways to rename animations?
- is there a way to change visibility of some objects for specific animations?

in my case i imported the walkanimation of a human footman to a bandit, the result is that the bandits shield is floating next to his right arm during the animation, i though i could copy the shield, attach it to the left arm, hide the original shield during this animation and the copied shield during all others.

sadly i cant find a way to do that, also im unable to delete or rename the animation so i have 2x "walk(1)" now.

Level 12
You can remove animations or any other model element using the Script menu -> " Edit/Delete model components".

This will create a copy of your model, and before that you can choose to import, or change any of the model components.

As for changing the visibility, I am afraid that, for the moment, we have to export the model in MDL and edit it manually with a text editor before re-opening it with Retera Model Studio. But last time @Retera mentioned working on it, he was considering adding a way to do this from the program itself.

If he hasn't done it yet, it probably just means he did not have the time to make it usable yet.

Let's be patient :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Been using the editor for hours loading and editing loads of models and it started using lots of RAM and started being wonky.
I'd really love a no to all option when quitting as I'm clicking like crazy and I've no idea what happens if I forcefully shut the prog down. Don't want the models to be corrupted or something.

Level 12
I sometimes have to use programs that eat up ram like that, and seem to never collect their garbage.

This issue is pretty easy to overcome by using the only really working memory "optimizer" available for windows : CleanMem Free/Pro

The reason why this one is not a myth unlike all other memory "optimizers" is that it uses windows own memory management functions, like requiring processes to free memory rather than doing doggy forced memory manipulations. Not sure my description makes sense, but the creator of the app gives extended explanations.
Anyways I have now been using Cleanmem for years and never had I been satisfied by a memory optimizer before.

I hate promoting stuff, but this guy at PCWinTech deserves recognition for this utility, as I am yet to find any alternative that properly does the same job.
By the way it is not really a freeware, but the registered version only adds cosmetic functionality (or rather non essential, cosmetic might be an exaggeration depending on your needs).

Now for the "no to all" when quitting, I second this too.
Sometimes when I have too many models opened, I end up killing the process tree directly, but thats an ugly way of doing things.

Doing these allows me to use Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack without problems, and helps waiting for Retera to release a new version.

Level 12
Usually, when the program fails to start, it displays the Warcraft 3 Data tab of the configuration window.

You can then Reset to Defaults from there.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
In my case it juse shows as "running" for a bit. Then nothing.
It won't run for me anymore. Just does not start. Reinstalling does not work. I think I set the mpq location wrong. Does it same some config hidden somewhere I need to delete?
  • A Java SE Runtime Environment. A bundle is included with a Windows 64-bit EXE launcher but if you want the application to run on Linux or Mac then you must install the Java SE Runtime Environment separately.
  • The above statement means that if you are a 32-bit Windows XP user, the EXE application will not function (only tested with Windows 7 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit)
  • A valid Warcraft III Installation (only tested with Patch 1.22 through Patch 1.31)
Is what Retera wrote the program needs. I don't exactly remember how I make it work back then but these are my settings:
anim.png
Basically, I added the casc files from 1.31.1.

Well, it ran, then it prompted me for wc3 location after I updated wc3 post-reforged version.
I don't have access to settings, as the program does not run at all. Reinstalling does not fix it. I have all the requirements. (Maybe except valid wc3 installation, since it was probably caused by me selecting a bad location).

Again, I can't enter the program to change the wc3 directory.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Any plans or possibility to export and import UV mapping? It would be very useful when you have a model with a _portrait.mdx and you want to add the texture to that one too after you've modified the texture making it bigger than the original since that requires new mapping.

Level 1
I keep getting this error trying to open it Imgur I went and update java just in case that was the issue, but it wasn't

Edit: Found the "hack" version and is working fine

Last edited:
Level 1
Whenever i assing vertices to a bone then save and load the model, i get an error saying 'bone reference broken or invalid'

Edit: i am able to open the model with mago's model editor, but i still can't open it with retera's, warcraft viewer and also with mdlvis

Last edited:
Level 18
Having some issues with attached model.
It seems the .mdl parser you're using requires everything on a separate line (when I had all TVertices on a single line it'd throw an exception, and when I re-save the model as .mdl the texture no longer has the WrapHeight flag).
I'm also getting an exception when trying to save it as .mdx

Attachments

• test.mdl
    1.5 KB · Views: 24
Level 4
Retera, there is a more updated version available on other sites.
Therefore, there is a more updated version than this, in version: ReterasModelStudioV0.04.
Can you confirm that you are right, since what apparently would be Hive's official is here in v0.03?

Level 4
There is a Reforged Hack version of RMS that gets called v0.04 often

Ah well .. thanks for listening friend.
But can you tell me if to just make conversions, Retera's only works on a computer with Warcraft installed?
Like tools like War3Magos that manipulate models on any machine.
Ps. I'm at work in break time, I would like to manipulate some .MDX around here, but I need to do the conversion and Retera's apparently does not open the model. lol