• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resurrection of the Scourge

Resurrection of the Scourge

Created by Turnro

183891-albums3097-picture69133.jpg

Map Info

Resurrection of the Scourge is the third campaign of Turnro’s series of alternate Warcraft 3 campaigns. Its story immediately follows from Jeopardy for the Horde.

With Azgalor defeated, Tichondrius, leading dreadlord of the Nathrezim, is burdened to take on the task of invading Azeroth. Accompanied by the dreadlords Varimathras and Dalvengyr, he plans to first resurrect the armies of the Undead Scourge, who had once terrorized the human kingdom of Lordaeron.

Throughout Resurrection of the Scourge, the story will refer to several key events that occurred in The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and Jeopardy for the Horde, revealing important events that have so far been hidden from the story. You will also encounter some familiar characters from both these Campaigns.

The campaigns in Turnro’s series of epic Warcraft 3 campaigns include:

THE ADVENTURES OF ROWAN THE WISE - Click here to view/download
JEOPARDY FOR THE HORDE - Click here to view/download
MALFURION’S QUESTCurrently in Development

Features

14 maps, including 10 Chapters and 4 Interludes
Continue the story from Jeopardy for the Horde as you travel to new places, cross paths with familiar faces, and declare war with the races of Azeroth!

Control 3 Unique Dreadlords
Ever wanted to play a campaign where you control the dreadlords? Then this campaign is for you! Play as Tichondrius, Varimathras and Dalvengyr, with each dreadlord having their own spells and attribute bonus'

Command the Armies of the Scourge to the Excess!
In Resurrection of the Scourge, take command of Flesh Golems, Orc Skeletons, Ice Revenants, or basically any unit that can be raised back as undead!

New Units and Abilities
Includes a variety of new custom units including Tauren workers, Soul Towers and the custom hero Magroth the Defender. Also take command of new spells, such as Dalvangyr's Death Curse ability

Play Through a Variety of Different Map Types!
Resurrection of the Scourge offers a variety of different gameplay missions, including RPG, RTS, and Tower Defense

Variable Difficulty Levels
You can choose to play the campaign in either Normal or Hard version. This allows you to choose the difficulty of the gameplay appropriate to your skills

Screenshots

183891-albums3097-picture56470.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture36454.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71072.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture56469.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71073.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71074.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71071.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture69134.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture69135.jpg

Change Log

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 6: The Sorcerer and the Horde
Interlude: The Will of Kil'jaeden
- The necromantic spells each dreadlord possesses are no longer items, they are now normal abilities
- Changed Varimathras' necromantic ability to 'Summon Dark Minion'.
- Made changes to dialogue
- Fixed a problem with Night Elves being invulnerable in Chapter 1
- Fixed a problem which allowed the Naga Royal Guard to follow units owned by the player
- Minor changes to terrain, mainly to Chapters 1-4
- Skeletons summoned by Dalvengyr can now learn attack/armor upgrades
- Fixed pathing problems with Pig Farms (for AI reasons)
- Minor changes to cinematics
- Minor changes to gameplay

- Added in Chapter 7: Disobeying Orders
- The player is now able to choose the difficulty of the campaign, Normal or Hard
- Players are now able to start playing the campaign from chapters 1 to 7, for game catching reasons
- Minor changes to terrain
- Tichondrius’ Shadow Strike ability had been replaced by Firebolt
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 4 which disabled the player from completing the main quest as the result of skipping certain cinematics
- Fixed game catch saving problems between Chapters 6 and 7
- Slight changes to dialogue in previous chapters
- Skeletons summoned by Varimathras can now learn attack/armor upgrades
- The Dark Minions that Varimathras raises have been renamed Giant Skeleton Warriors, since the Dark Ranger raises skeletons of the same name
- Dalvengyr now has selection priority over Varimathras (for storyline reasons)
- Minor changes to cinematics
- Considerable changes to gameplay, other than the difficulty

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 8: The Ruins of Dalaran
Interlude: Old Hatreds
- The campaign has been updated to match the unit stats of the user’s current version of Warcraft 3
- Varimathras' Banish ability has been replaced with Call of Waning: It reduces the movement and attack speed of all nearby enemy units around the dreadlord
- Dalvangyr's Earthquake ability has been replaced with Death Curse: The dreadlord curses a unit so when he dies, he spawns almost instantly from it
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 6 where the timers in the optional quest 'Stop the Tauren' would restart after they have expired
- Fixed an error which disabled the user from selecting the difficulty of the campaign. In addition, the whole difficulty system has been changed. Instead of selecting the campaign's difficulty from the campaign main menu, the option is now given at the start of each map
- Slight changes to dialogue in several chapters
- Drek'Thar's Shadow Strike ability has been replaced with Stone Totem
- Other minor changes within the cinematics and gameplay may be evident

- Added in 1 map:
Chapter 9: Power of the Alliance
- Slight dialogue changes in cinematics
- Fix a camera angle problem in the last cinematic of Chapter 1
- Fix game catching problems in Chapters 2 and 3
- Fix a problem in Chapter 7 where Murlocs could cast Death Curse
- Random items on the ground will no longer appear in cinematics
- Fix the icon XY coordinates for the dreadlords necromantic abilities
- Fix the in-game dialogue skipping problems in Chapter 8
- Re-edited Varimathras' fading in part in the first cinematic of Chapter 5
- Fix a problem where Doom Guards were unable to cast Cripple

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 10: Apocalypse
Interlude: The Last Demonlord

- All the custom campaign buttons in the campaign loading screen have been reset
- Increased the model size of all dreadlords by 0.15
- Minor changes to cinematics in all maps, including dialogue changes
- Added in additional in-game dialogue when the player saves the Doom Guard in Chapter 1
- Minor terrain changes in all maps
- The Night Elves in Chapter 1 no longer have Shadow Meld
- Decreased the experience gain rate for the player’s heroes in Hard version for Chapters 2 & 3
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 2 when no in-game dialogue would play the first time the player encounters Naga
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 2 where a Hydra creep would not drop any items when killed
- Increased the Naga Sea Witch’s damage by 15 in Hard version for Chapters 2 & 3
- Added in more runes from killing enemy units/crates in Chapters 3, 4, 8 & 9
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 5 where Varimathras would appear at the undead shipyard if the first cinematic is skipped
- Added in-game dialogue the first time Wind Riders attack the player in Chapter 5
- Increased the starting gold for the player in Hard version in Chapter 5 from 1000 to 1250
- Improved the AI for the Santron Reinforcements in Chapter 6
- The buff animation for Death Curse has been changed (to not look like Parasite)
- Increased the cooldown of the Tauren’s reincarnation ability in Chapter 6 from 0 seconds to 60 seconds
- The Human Archmage can no longer use Mass Teleport in Chapter 7
- Reduced the overall difficulty of Chapters 7 & 9, for both Normal and Hard version
- Siege Engines can now attack ground units in Chapter 7
- Searing Blade now allows heroes to attack air units
- Added an additional gold mine in Chapter 9
- Increased the gradual handicap gained by Garithos’s Forces in Hard version for Chapter 10
- Increased the damage caused by all enemy heroes in Hard version for Chapter 10
- Numerous small changes throughout the campaign have been made

- Fixed a bug in Chapter 1 where the Fel Stalkers would start attacking randomly
- Fixed all spelling errors in all dialogues
- You can now collect Dalvengyr's items at the end of the 2nd cinematic in Chapter 9
- The text description for Finger of Death has been changed
- Added in more battle scenes at the start of Chapter 9
- The Power Obelisk in Chapter 10 can now be repaired
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 10 where the invisible mercenaries would give away their positions by attacking nearby enemy units
- Fixed a sound mute problem in Chapter 10
- The Death Towers and Lightning Towers in Chapter 10 have been buffed
- Reduced the overall difficulty of Chapter 10 in Normal version
- Changed the dialogue in Chapters 7, 8, 10, and the last 2 Interludes to implement new storyline changes
- Included an additional scene at the end of Chapter 8
- Samuro's spells have been changed to suit the spell changes that will take place in the upcoming version of Jeopardy for the Horde

- Slight terrain improvements in all Chapters
- Slight dialogue changes in all Chapters
- The Crystal Ball in Chapter 2 has been removed. Instead, it has been replaced with additional creeps
- Drek’Thar no longer casts Earth Totem in Chapter 6
- Included additional in-game dialogues throughout Chapters 1 to 9. Many of these dialogues include character voices taken directly from the Warcraft 3 Sound Editor
- Ancient Protectors in Chapter 1 now have Heavy Armor in Normal version
- All Quest Descriptions have been revised to fix grammar errors
- In Chapter 4, the Halls of the Dead can no longer be upgraded into a Black Citadel. In addition, Scrolls of Town Portal are no longer available for purchase in this mission
- Fixed a bug which allowed the player’s heroes to teleport away during the start of a cinematic
- The cooldown for Dalvengyr’s Death Curse ability has been reduced from 240 to 180 seconds. In addition, Dalvengyr will have full mana when he revives from a unit
- The Santron Reinforcements in Chapter 6 have gained a new Hero: Rokhan
- The doodad Watch Towers in Chapter 6 have been replaced with unit Towers that attack the player’s forces
- Destroyers are now available for training in Chapter 6. In addition, Frost Wryms are now available for training in Chapter 7
- A Gold Mine in Chapter 9 has been replaced with a Goblin Merchant
- Fixed Araj’s Tome of the Shadow Order description in Chapter 8
- The second main Quest Objective in Chapter 9 has been slightly modified: Once the Human Guards have been destroyed, a cinematic will play of the Undead establishing a base and taking over the Human’s Gold Mine. This saves the player from building an entire base from scratch
- The Human waves in Chapter 10 now choose their paths in a more random fashion
- Included more health items at the start of Chapter 8 in Normal version
- The health of enemy Heroes in Chapter 10 have been slightly increased
- Magroth the Defender now casts Sleep in Chapter 10
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 10 where Araj would not regenerate any health after receiving damage
- Enemy Human Heroes no longer gain experience or levels in Chapter 7
- Reduced the attack range of Ballista from 1150 to 1000

- Fixed a problem in Chapter 6 where the player could not transform Obsidian Statues into Destroyers after researching the Destroyer upgrade
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 6 where the Quest and mission objectives for the Optional Quest “Santron Reinforcements” would not appear
- The player now starts off with an Altar of Darkness in Chapter 6
- In Chapter 7, the Paladin model has been replaced with Proudmoore’s model
- The terrain in Chapter 10 has been improved
- Fixed a few grammar/spelling errors throughout the campaign
- Added in a new Optional Quest in Chapter 7: “Dragon Firepower”. From completing this Quest, the player will be able to build Frost Wryms
- Fixed some in-game dialogue/cinematic skipping problems in Chapter 7 & 9
- Increased the damage of Tichondrius’ Firebolt ability from 100/150/200 per level to 100/200/300
- The mana cost of Book of the Dead has increased from 100 to 120
- The mana cost for Death Curse has been slightly reduced to 150. In addition, the player can no longer use this ability on a target friendly unit
- Varimathras’ Call of Waning now has a new custom effect model
- The cooldown for Varimathras’ Raise Giant Skeleton Warrior has been reduced from 8 to 7 seconds. In addition, the mana cost for this spell has been reduced from 50 to 40
- Changed the armor type of Nerubian Towers in Chapter 4 to Heavy. In addition, a few Towers have been removed from the path between the player and the Gargoyles
- The dreadlords’ and Araj’s necromantic abilities now have their own custom icons
- Gargoyles can now be built in Chapter 4 when the player acquires them. In addition, Gargoyles have been fixed to always require a Halls of the Dead (in earlier patches of Warcraft 3, a Black Citadel was required instead)
- The difficulty of the game in Normal version has been decreased in the following ways:

- Added in more healing items in Chapter 1, as well as switching a few items between creeps
- Decreased the build times of Naga units in Chapter 3
- Buildings in Chapter 3 now have Heavy armor. However, defensive towers will still have Fortified armor in Hard version
- Increased the time it takes for enemy AI teams to attack in Chapters 5, 6 & 9. In addition, the enemy attack waves in these chapters have also been reduced
- Many enemies in Chapter 8 have either been nerfed or removed

- The player is now given a key to unlock the Sunken Ruins Gate in Chapter 2 (for story reasons)
- Added in additional dialogues in Chapter 4
- Added more gold into the Gold Mines in Chapters 4, 5 & 9
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 5 where putting any hero in a Transport Ship before the final cinematic plays will cause that hero to not appear during the cinematic
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 8 where enemy Water Elementals would get stuck in amongst doodads
- Added in more trees in Chapters 9 & 10
- The Mask of Death has been removed from the game
- Dalvengyr’s items will now be given to the player in Chapter 10 instead of Chapter 9
- Slightly increased the gold cost of the towers summoned by the Acolytes in Chapter 10
- The player’s main team in Chapter 10 will now be the Undead Scourge (Purple) instead of the Acolytes (Green). This fixes a problem where the player’s heroes were untargeted by Rally Points. In addition, any gold earned during the game will now be transferred to the Undead Scourge team
- Towers summoned by the Acolytes in Chapter 10 can now be unsummoned
- Death Towers in Chapter 10 will now deal less damage against air units
- Added in a new item in Chapter 10 called the Staff of Blight: this allows the player to create Blight in a target location, as well as giving the user Aura of Blight

Credits

Models:
  • apaka
  • Klayton
  • Norinrad
  • Whisperwind Archer
  • MasterHaosis
  • Vermillion Edict
  • Pyritie

Skins:
  • R.A.N.G.I.T

Icons:
  • Elainiel
  • M0rbid
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • zbc
  • Hellx-Magnus

Other:

I would like to thank -Kobas-, who gave me some useful advice on how to write map descriptions. His 'Map Description - Templates' page has helped me a lot.

I would also like to thank Fallen Angel Boy. His reviews and feedback for Resurrection of the Scourge has allowed me to make great improvements in the campaign.

Finally, I would like to thank all those who have played Resurrection of the Scourge. Your advice and suggestions allow me to make better campaigns :)

Keywords:
Undead, Tichondrius, Varimathras, Dalvengyr, Scourge, Araj, Burning Legion, Kil'jaeden, Samuro, Azgalor, Lord Garithos, Nathrezim, Demon, Dalaran.
Contents

Resurrection of the Scourge (Campaign)

Level 2
Turnro, this was a great campaign and that ending was just really surprising and I never saw it coming. Meanwhile I really loved how you laid the foundations for the reveal in Jeopardy of the Horde and showed in Resurrection of the Scourge how everything came together. I know why Thrall and the others thought the Night Elves were helping a demon, instead of imprisoning one.

Meanwhile I rather liked how Azgalor's position of the leader of the Burning Legion was being usurped from him even before he was killed. This could be seen with how he was surprised that so few of the Legion entered Azeroth with him and with how the Pit Lord (forgot his name) and the fel orcs spoke of Eredon in the Fel Orcs Ch. 5. In all honesty I'm convinced that the fel orcs will appear in the full version of Malfurion's Quest.

Now while the campaign was good, I found Dalvengyr's arrogance to be too surprising. I get that they successfully beat some of the Horde forces that had been involved in Azgalor's death, but they didn't face Thrall and they felt they couldn't handle Cairne and his Tauren. As such I had a hard time understanding why Dalvengyr felt so confident and assured about the Scourge beating everyone. I also thought it was weird to see the ghost Antonidas in Ch. 8 considering he didn't die in Dalaran.

Though I have to admit that one of the things I really liked about the campaign was that we got to see characters from the earlier campaigns such as Ajar (who I enjoyed playing again), Arthas, Drek'thar, Samuro, Rokhan, and Cairne. As such I began to wonder what was going on with the characters from Rowan the Wise and if we'll ever see any of them again.

Now I do have some suggestions for you:
In Chapter 7 three of the bases are the same color, so maybe you could change the Elven corps to teal and the Kul'Tiras Elite Troops to green in order to have more variety.
In the same mission the Stormgarde Brigade feels like the odd man out since they don't have a hero. So maybe you could give them a paladin or something.
Since we are seeing characters from Jeopardy of the Horde, maybe we could see some characters from Rowan the Wise. For example instead of a random Archmage in chapters 4 we could fight Nathan the Mighty (leading an expedition for more treasure in Northrend) and Tara the Magnificent could be guarding the book of Medivh instead of the ghosts.

I also have two questions for you:
Since Azgalor needed the demon to die in order to enter Azeroth how did he enter when Eredon lived?

This question is more out of curiosity but what made you decided on using Dalvengyr as the third Dreadlord?

Though it's a late reply, but I would wish to clarify that the same colour for three bases was most likely a bug. At the start of the chapter, the five bases are all of different colours (use iseedeadpeople to confirm). It was after the optional quest where Dalvengyr killed the red dragons and transformed them into frost wyrms for the Scourge's use that the bug occurred and transformed two of the bases to the same colour as another.

Level 31
there is something wrong with chapter 6, "orc reinforcements" side quest. i destroyed the orc settlement of rokhan, but still the quest appears as not finished

Though it's a late reply, but I would wish to clarify that the same colour for three bases was most likely a bug. At the start of the chapter, the five bases are all of different colours (use iseedeadpeople to confirm). It was after the optional quest where Dalvengyr killed the red dragons and transformed them into frost wyrms for the Scourge's use that the bug occurred and transformed two of the bases to the same colour as another.

Thanks for finding these bugs. I'll look into them when I get up to updating this campaign.

Level 10
I like the way Tichondrius stood his ground like a badass in the end. Infernos and doomguards all around him beating their asses. A good way for a dreadlord to die

Level 29
I like the way Tichondrius stood his ground like a badass in the end. Infernos and doomguards all around him beating their asses. A good way for a dreadlord to die

Yep. Too bad Kil'jaeden killed him in the Twisting Nether instead of some place else. Then Tichondrius could respawn in the Nether and return for revenge. I could imagine him returning to Azeroth and warn the night elves. He most likely would have been killed right after telling everything he knew, but he at least would have died knowing both him and Azgalor would be avenged.

Last edited:
Level 10
Yep. Too bad Kil'jaeden killed him in the Twisting Nether instead of some place else. Then Tichondrius could respawn in the Nether and return for revenge. I could imagine him returning to Azeroth and warn the night elves. He most likely would have been killed right after telling everything he knew, but he at least would have died knowing both him and Azgalor would be avenged.
nah, Tichondrius ain't a rat or a coward like Kiljeaden. Of all the power he has, he choose trickery to kil Azgalor and surround Tichondrius with his army. Tichondrius likes to do things his way, sure he is hateful, even toward his fellow dreadlords, but at least he wanted to the leader of the burning legion through deeds that serve them, not by planning betrayal like Kil'jeaden

Level 29
nah, Tichondrius ain't a rat or a coward like Kiljeaden. Of all the power he has, he choose trickery to kil Azgalor and surround Tichondrius with his army. Tichondrius likes to do things his way, sure he is hateful, even toward his fellow dreadlords, but at least he wanted to the leader of the burning legion through deeds that serve them, not by planning betrayal like Kil'jeaden

True. Kil'jaeden is a coward and a sore loser. When Azgalor was elected the leader, he vowed to have his revenge. He aided Araj and the orcs in killing Azgalor, and then sent one of his servants to warn the Alliance in hopes they would kill Tichondrius. He aided the mortals killing his own comrades and brethren solely that he could rule the Legion.
Kil'jaeden is clearly not fit to rule the Burning Legion and finish Sargeras' ''noble'' goal, though he would fit well in Game of Thrones.

Level 10
True. Kil'jaeden is a coward and a sore loser. When Azgalor was elected the leader, he vowed to have his revenge. He aided Araj and the orcs in killing Azgalor, and then sent one of his servants to warn the Alliance in hopes they would kill Tichondrius. He aided the mortals killing his own comrades and brethren solely that he could rule the Legion.
Kil'jaeden is clearly not fit to rule the Burning Legion and finish Sargeras' ''noble'' goal, though he would fit well in Game of Thrones.
True. my thoughts exactly. I think though that the leader of the burning must always be a warlock, because they cunning, hateful and crafty (remember that the leader of the burning legion was Archimonde). In this story its Kiljeaden, another warlock. I don't think a dreadlord would fit to be the leader of the legion because they are meant to be the leaders of the scourge and the Nathrizeem.

Level 29
True. my thoughts exactly. I think though that the leader of the burning must always be a warlock, because they cunning, hateful and crafty (remember that the leader of the burning legion was Archimonde). In this story its Kiljeaden, another warlock. I don't think a dreadlord would fit to be the leader of the legion because they are meant to be the leaders of the scourge and the Nathrizeem.

Actually Sargeras is the leader of the Burning Legion, but since his body was destroyed, Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were in charge of the field operations. Archimonde led the armies while Kil'jaeden recruited various races.

Sargeras recruited Archimonde and Kil'jaeden because back then, the demon legions lacked cunning generals. It was Kil'jaeden who recruited the nathrezim to join the Legion. The dreadlords are powerful, but they are more prone to stay in the shadows and use others as puppets to do the dirty work. Pit lords, on other hand, are excellent fighters but that is it.

In this universe however, Archimonde either died or never existed and Sargeras most likely died as well. I hate this version of Kil'jaeden, he is much like canon Archimonde, hot-tempered and brutal. Canon Kil'jaeden is a diabolical mastermind that wouldn't lose his composure after a failure and would just find another way.

Last edited:
Level 2

I appreciated that you gave a probable explanation as to who is the "mysterious voice" that appeared at the end of Chapter 8. If there is voice recording it may have aided the players in guessing who he is.

Level 21
Commenting to rate. This is my favorite of your 3 completed campaigns, the Dreadlords are very fun to use! Great idea to let the player control all three for the early maps, and their Raise Dead abilities are neat as well. Maps are very well thought out and solid. Great terraining as always and cool Scourge/Dreadlord perspective throughout.

Level 31
Commenting to rate. This is my favorite of your 3 completed campaigns, the Dreadlords are very fun to use! Great idea to let the player control all three for the early maps, and their Raise Dead abilities are neat as well. Maps are very well thought out and solid. Great terraining as always and cool Scourge/Dreadlord perspective throughout.

Many thanks, Jayborino :) I enjoy watching your Warcraft 3 video casts, and you do a good job showing other people the amazing campaigns available to play.

I am surprised Resurrection of the Scourge is your favorite of the series, as it is the least polished campaign at the moment. I do go back over my campaigns to improve them from time to time, though I haven't worked on Resurrection of the Scourge for a while due to the large amount of work involved getting it up to standard. I do look forward to the day going back to this campaign, though that will depend on how long Malfurion's Quest takes me ;)

Level 10
I appreciated that you gave a probable explanation as to who is the "mysterious voice" that appeared at the end of Chapter 8. If there is voice recording it may have aided the players in guessing who he is.
I don't think its "someone". I reckon its just malfurion's inner self. Knowing that part of his people consumed so much magic and became addicted to it, which is the highborn, then its natural that he will also need to resist that urge since he is a night elf and the high born are elves as well. In the highborn path, he surrendered to his inner self, AKA "the mysterious voice" and stopped resisting that urge. At least this is my opinion

Level 1
Resurrection of the scourge is a great campaign and I love it.the story is interesting and all the dreadlords have own characteristics。
the only thing i have to complain is that the dread lords have no healing spells。i mean death coil ablity of course。without healing spells,the casualties are quite high some times。Statute's healing is slow and can't satisfy the healing of the whole troop.in chapter5and 6,when I fight orcs,I lost a dozens of necromancers.in last two chapters I create a lot of frostwyrms and destroyers,when those flying units are in low health,all I can do is to drag them back to or I will lose them.
So turnro I hope that one of the dread lord (maybe varimarthas)have healing spellscould be better。death coil ,healing wave or even Rejuvenation are all ok.death knight's ablities are so important to the whole undeadrace.
Anyway ,it's a great campaign.with no dreadlords being controled in original blizarrad warcraft roc campaign,and only dreadlord varimarthas (with two pitlord ablities )controlled in frozen throne campaign、this campaign satisfied me of controll dreadlords。
thankyou Turnro!

Level 29
Resurrection of the scourge is a great campaign and I love it.the story is interesting and all the dreadlords have own characteristics。
the only thing i have to complain is that the dread lords have no healing spells。i mean death coil ablity of course。without healing spells,the casualties are quite high some times。Statute's healing is slow and can't satisfy the healing of the whole troop.in chapter5and 6,when I fight orcs,I lost a dozens of necromancers.in last two chapters I create a lot of frostwyrms and destroyers,when those flying units are in low health,all I can do is to drag them back to or I will lose them.
So turnro I hope that one of the dread lord (maybe varimarthas)have healing spellscould be better。death coil ,healing wave or even Rejuvenation are all ok.death knight's ablities are so important to the whole undeadrace.
Anyway ,it's a great campaign.with no dreadlords being controled in original blizarrad warcraft roc campaign,and only dreadlord varimarthas (with two pitlord ablities )controlled in frozen throne campaign、this campaign satisfied me of controll dreadlords。
thankyou Turnro!

Yep in most of the RTS games the "evil" factions have a disadvantage in terms of healing.
During the first part you must greatly rely on potions you can get from enemies, Varimathras' Vampiric Aura and Dalvengyr's Unholy Aura. On later maps, I suggest expand the blight across the maps so that you don't waste time having to return to your base.

Level 1
Yep in most of the RTS games the "evil" factions have a disadvantage in terms of healing.
During the first part you must greatly rely on potions you can get from enemies, Varimathras' Vampiric Aura and Dalvengyr's Unholy Aura. On later maps, I suggest expand the blight across the maps so that you don't waste time having to return to your base.
i posessed a peasant in chapter 7 try to build a arcane vault to buy a staff of sanctuary only find that peasant can not build any bulidings...

Level 29
i posessed a peasant in chapter 7 try to build a arcane vault to buy a staff of sanctuary only find that peasant can not build any bulidings...

Clever Turnro. He is avoiding the "cheat" that appears in the Path of the Damned campaign, chapter five "The Fall of Silvermoon".

Level 1
Clever Turnro. He is avoiding the "cheat" that appears in the Path of the Damned campaign, chapter five "The Fall of Silvermoon".
"The Fall of Silvermoon" in that chapter youcan train human heros after possess peasant ,right?
the same in A SYMPHONY OF FROST AND FLAME,I possess naga murgul slaves try to create naga royal guard and found them can build nothing...

Level 29
"The Fall of Silvermoon" in that chapter youcan train human heros after possess peasant ,right?
the same in A SYMPHONY OF FROST AND FLAME,I possess naga murgul slaves try to create naga royal guard and found them can build nothing...

Exactly! Possessing an elven peasant and having access to Alliance heroes and units? That doesn't make sense!

Level 3
I think Turno map series should be multi played. The final chapter at hard is impossible to win by 1 person alone

Level 1
Hi !

First of all, sorry for my english, wich is not very good, I'm french :)

I want to report a problem I have with Turno's campaigns (not only with him, I have pb with other campaigns). Except for Rowan the wise, the others crash my computer at a certain moment. For jeopardy for the hord, it's when Hellscream reach lvl 2, for resurrection of the scourge, a can't play the third chapter, and with malfurion's quest, it depends but I cannot finish the first chapter without crashing.
Does someone know what the problem is ? It's frustrating !

I'm in Mac for info !

Thank's !

Level 31
Hi !

First of all, sorry for my english, wich is not very good, I'm french :)

I want to report a problem I have with Turno's campaigns (not only with him, I have pb with other campaigns). Except for Rowan the wise, the others crash my computer at a certain moment. For jeopardy for the hord, it's when Hellscream reach lvl 2, for resurrection of the scourge, a can't play the third chapter, and with malfurion's quest, it depends but I cannot finish the first chapter without crashing.
Does someone know what the problem is ? It's frustrating !

I'm in Mac for info !

Thank's !

Hi tuthursalgo,

The problem you are experiencing only happens on Mac computers, and it is to do with certain custom icons imported into the game. However, this problem was fixed by Blizzard in a recent patch. Simply update your Warcraft 3 game to the most recent patch version and you will no longer experience this problem :)

Level 1
Hi tuthursalgo,

The problem you are experiencing only happens on Mac computers, and it is to do with certain custom icons imported into the game. However, this problem was fixed by Blizzard in a recent patch. Simply update your Warcraft 3 game to the most recent patch version and you will no longer experience this problem :)

Perfect, thank's a lot !

Level 5
So I've just finished all three campaigns starting with J of the Horde then Rowan and Scourge. Let me leave my feedback. First of all it was such a pleasure. Gameplay-wise it's 11/10 I love choosing difficulty level and I have to say that the challenge is perfectly calculated. Turnro why don't you work at Blizzard yet that's a mystery to me. That last Apocalyps mission was hard man.

The story is kinda lame and cool at the same time. Btw I'm so greatfull for the voice over - even if it's not that good from the performans stand point - it lets you look at the picture and think - not read in haste. Let me share some things I didn't like.

Btw I liked the humor) And the showing of true essence of dreadlords :)

1) I for one kinda dislike when people mess with the story too much, espesially just for the sake of messing. Like why blood elves suddenly should be addicted to blood not magic. It's much better to leave familiar stuff untouched while changing something when it seems cool. I dunno may be I just didn't like that little twist.
2) Adventures on Kalimdor where really interesting but that choice between two heroes which you don't even really know about untill it's too late - I didn't like that. I chose ogres as they seemed to be more of an actual threat only to never see Grom and his Warsong again.
3) War in Ashenvale in order to kill a single demon? And no negotiation attempts with the elves? Really?
4) Why kill king Terenas?
5) Dalvengyr's ultimate ability is useless and cries for changing.
6) Dreadlords are the ones who invented necromancy it's kinda strange that they seek some tomes of Arthas's.
7) Banishing Arthas instead of executing is strange too.
8) As well as these "victory dialogs" like yeah dreadlords we have won hehehe bow down before me heheheheheh.
9) Voting for the leader of the Legion? Lol seriously?
10) That plot of Kil'jaeden seems interesting but a little bit hard to get. I don't really understand is Araj bad then? Does he want the comming of the Legion? May be I'm just stupid :)
11) Kinda get used to q w e r key binds :) there's no in the Ressurection :( And the music is standard I loved WoW music in Warcraft 3.
12) Invade Horde's capital city bearing heavy losses only to attract some necromancer out of hiding? That's some terrible writing here:)
Some hope for the new models but well that's too much to ask I think :)

Btw Apocalyps spell is such a cool idea.

And again I had a great time playing these campaigns one of the best things I played in my life thank you!

Last edited:
Level 29
3) War in Ashenvale in order to kill a single demon? And no negotiation attempts with the elves? Really?

The elves have been harrasing the orcs for years, plus they attacked the Horde alongside humans.
So the Night Elves were pretty much enemies of the Horde already. And do you think Tyrande would listen to green skins?

6) Dreadlords are the ones who invented necromancy it's kinda strange that they seek some tomes of Arthas's.

This is an alternate universe. Azgalor admitted during an interlude that only those who serve the Lich King would have that kind of knowledge.

It is called "fate worse than death".

10) That plot of Kil'jaeden seems interesting but a little bit hard to get. I don't really understand is Araj bad then? Does he want the comming of the Legion? May be I'm just stupid :)

I think Araj thought that Kil'jaeden could kill him if he were to refuse to help.

12) Invade Horde's capital city bearing heavy losses only to attract some necromancer out of hiding? That's some terrible writing here:)

Better attack the orc capital and let Araj come at us rather than spend months walking around fighting orcs to look for him.

Level 10
So I've just finished all three campaigns starting with J of the Horde then Rowan and Scourge. Let me leave my feedback. First of all it was such a pleasure. Gameplay-wise it's 11/10 I love choosing difficulty level and I have to say that the challenge is perfectly calculated. Turnro why don't you work at Blizzard yet that's a mystery to me. That last Apocalyps mission was hard man.

The story is kinda lame and cool at the same time. Btw I'm so greatfull for the voice over - even if it's not that good from the performans stand point - it lets you look at the picture and think - not read in haste. Let me share some things I didn't like.

Btw I liked the humor) And the showing of true essence of dreadlords :)

1) I for one kinda dislike when people mess with the story too much, espesially just for the sake of messing. Like why blood elves suddenly should be addicted to blood not magic. It's much better to leave familiar stuff untouched while changing something when it seems cool. I dunno may be I just didn't like that little twist.
2) Adventures on Kalimdor where really interesting but that choice between two heroes which you don't even really know about untill it's too late - I didn't like that. I chose ogres as they seemed to be more of an actual threat only to never see Grom and his Warsong again.
4) Why kill king Terenas?
5) Dalvengyr's ultimate ability is useless and cries for changing.
8) As well as these "victory dialogs" like yeah dreadlords we have won hehehe bow down before me heheheheheh.
9) Voting for the leader of the Legion? Lol seriously?
11) Kinda get used to q w e r key binds :) there's no in the Ressurection :( And the music is standard I loved WoW music in Warcraft 3.
Some hope for the new models but well that's too much to ask I think :)

Btw Apocalyps spell is such a cool idea.

And again I had a great time playing these campaigns one of the best things I played in my life thank you!
The adventures of rowan the wise campaign was meant to be serious, but the voice actors had loads of laugh with their performance, and it turned out to be like a joke than a serious campaign, and it wasn't part of the plan. But that's why people liked it so much, even if it had big jokes in it.

As for the other campaigns, attacking a single small demon, demonlords getting voted to lead the legion, and Araj manipulating the orcs...
There series of events happened in Jeopardy of the horde, and Resurrection of the scourge, and both of these campaigns were serious fictional stories 100% unlike Rowan the wise, so i'm sure if you focus more on the dialogues and interludes, you won't miss a thing ;)

Oh, and I almost forgot. Turnro mentioned that he's going to make a big polishing for Resurrection of the scourge, to balance the quality between all campaigns, because obviously this campaign is a bit lacking comparing with the others. However, it won't be any time soon, because he's focussing all his efforts for Mal'furion's quest, since it is the last part of his story's series.

Level 5
The elves have been harrasing the orcs for years, plus they attacked the Horde alongside humans.
So the Night Elves were pretty much enemies of the Horde already. And do you think Tyrande would listen to green skins?

I think you always attempt to speak first even with the enemy. Also Tyrand is trying to take over the world in order to stop the Legion? lol)

This is an alternate universe. Azgalor admitted during an interlude that only those who serve the Lich King would have that kind of knowledge.

Yeah yeah I know :) still a bit confusing you know) and too easy - read a book and you're a new lich king.

It is called "fate worse than death".

No it's called being stupid to let the greatest foe of humanity live. It's like the typical mistake of the bad guys in a movie - too much talk. Same.

Better attack the orc capital and let Araj come at us rather than spend months walking around fighting orcs to look for him.

Come on it's the Horde capital. First, dreadlord's scourge suddenly becomes capable of destroying Orgrimmar - did I miss something? I thought they've just learned how to raise dead. And then... well... why don't just take some captive and ask about Araj?

That's the worst plan I've ever seen really.

It might've been shown as "the main objective is to destroy the Horde" and then find Araj. Though even that way it's kinda strange to even promounce.

you won't miss a thing

I think I didn't miss anything. I just said those things you've described - they are plot holes.

were serious fictional stories 100% unlike Rowan the wise

Wait you mean Rowan is not fictional? I don't understand)

because obviously this campaign is a bit lacking comparing with the others. However, it won't be any time soon, because he's focussing all his efforts for Mal'furion's quest, since it is the last part of his story's series.

I can only wish him luck he's really talanted guy.

I suggest you try insane, because even insane is a bit easy

Thank you. That was a bad idea to confuse people with new levels of difficulty. I've already played through several missions of hard and it was really easy :)

Level 29
I think you always attempt to speak first even with the enemy. Also Tyrand is trying to take over the world in order to stop the Legion? lol)

Basically if she has forces spread on all corners of the world she can stop anyone from trying to summon the Legion. Rather than just creating like an Azeroth version of the UN to avoid this...

No it's called being stupid to let the greatest foe of humanity live. It's like the typical mistake of the bad guys in a movie - too much talk. Same.

Arthas has lost most of his power after the Lich King was destroyed and it was very unlikely he could either recreate the Scourge or return to Lordaeron. So he would be forced to wander on an island for all eternity...

Come on it's the Horde capital. First, dreadlord's scourge suddenly becomes capable of destroying Orgrimmar - did I miss something? I thought they've just learned how to raise dead. And then... well... why don't just take some captive and ask about Araj?

That's the worst plan I've ever seen really.

It might've been shown as "the main objective is to destroy the Horde" and then find Araj. Though even that way it's kinda strange to even promounce.

The dreadlords most likely went around Northrend gathering any remnants of the Scourge, plus they raised the corpses of the Horde soldiers in the coastal outposts, alongside the corpses of creeps.

It was very unlikely the low-ranking soldiers knew where Araj was.
Attacking the orc capital would make the news of an undead army spread like fire across Kalimdor and Araj would very likely arrive to find it.

Level 5
Arthas has lost most of his power after the Lich King was destroyed and it was very unlikely he could either recreate the Scourge or return to Lordaeron. So he would be forced to wander on an island for all eternity...

Possibly killing more people / creatures / plotting something else / being found by 3 dreadlords so that they learn of necromancy and destroy a part of Lordaeron with an Apocalyps spell

Why take a risk? That's just strange.

The dreadlords most likely went around Northrend gathering any remnants of the Scourge, plus they raised the corpses of the Horde soldiers in the coastal outposts, alongside the corpses of creeps.

I don't think it's even close to enough to be able to take down the Horde.

It was very unlikely the low-ranking soldiers knew where Araj was.

Okay then let's take over the Horde's capital. lol

Attacking the orc capital would make the news of an undead army spread like fire across Kalimdor and Araj would very likely arrive to find it.

Okay may be it's attacking that will do - not destroying Orgrimmar.

Level 2
I don't think its "someone". I reckon its just malfurion's inner self. Knowing that part of his people consumed so much magic and became addicted to it, which is the highborn, then its natural that he will also need to resist that urge since he is a night elf and the high born are elves as well. In the highborn path, he surrendered to his inner self, AKA "the mysterious voice" and stopped resisting that urge. At least this is my opinion

Once again, while being a late reply, but I have to say that you had read my post out of context. The "mysterious voice" I referred to was from the present campaign, at the end of Chapter 8 where Magroth was informed of the Undead Scourge attacking Lordaeron once again. At that time we had yet to go into the story of Malfurion's Quest. Your suggestion would imply that Malfurion knew about the Undead attacking Lordaeron for the second time and therefore informed Magroth about this; but based on Turnro's timeline, Malfurion is still slumbering at this very stage. As such, it appears to me that such a possibility is without merit. I would be more inclined to accept the original poster's claim that Kil'jaeden sent one of his lieutenants to inform Magroth about the Undead attacking Lordaeron, perhaps in hopes of getting the humans to kill Tichondrius.

Level 10
Once again, while being a late reply, but I have to say that you had read my post out of context. The "mysterious voice" I referred to was from the present campaign, at the end of Chapter 8 where Magroth was informed of the Undead Scourge attacking Lordaeron once again. At that time we had yet to go into the story of Malfurion's Quest. Your suggestion would imply that Malfurion knew about the Undead attacking Lordaeron for the second time and therefore informed Magroth about this; but based on Turnro's timeline, Malfurion is still slumbering at this very stage. As such, it appears to me that such a possibility is without merit. I would be more inclined to accept the original poster's claim that Kil'jaeden sent one of his lieutenants to inform Magroth about the Undead attacking Lordaeron, perhaps in hopes of getting the humans to kill Tichondrius.
Hmm..I kind of remember that scene, where magroth the defender got informed by a mysterious voice, indeed. Well, I guess I misunderstood, and maybe that mysterious voice is different than the one in the last campaign. Maybe you are right, it could be one of Kil'jaeden's minions since it was his plan to overthrow both Azgalor and Tichondrius all along. But i'm still convinced that the mysterious voice in Mal'furion's quest is mal'furion himself. His dark thoughts or evil desires or whatever.

Level 29
Hmm..I kind of remember that scene, where magroth the defender got informed by a mysterious voice, indeed. Well, I guess I misunderstood, and maybe that mysterious voice is different than the one in the last campaign. Maybe you are right, it could be one of Kil'jaeden's minions since it was his plan to overthrow both Azgalor and Tichondrius all along. But i'm still convinced that the mysterious voice in Mal'furion's quest is mal'furion himself. His dark thoughts or evil desires or whatever.

To me the one that informed Magroth was Eredon the Illusionist. He most likely want sent by Kil'jaeden, hoping that the humans would kill Tichondrius for him.

The mysterious voice in Mal'furion's head could be:
-His dark thoughts
-A dreadlord (very unlikely)
-An Old God (like N'Zoth)
-Something or someone that entered his mind through the Emerald Dream (Xavius maybe, if he exists in this timeline)

Level 3
Haven't enjoyed this campaign as much as the other ones designed by @Turnro. I feel that some maps were too large, yet too little to do on them. That could had been easily adjusted by adding some extra side-quests. Besides that, I have to say that I liked the new comical approach to the Dreadlord protagonists, reminded me of the Three Stooges. Yet, it became slightly boring to play them in almost every mission. I found the Dark Ranger in the hidden tavern but I was disappointed that she didn't stay with us or contribute to the plot in any way. Guess it was a cool easter egg that I am proud to have discovered!

The thing is that this campaign had massive potential to bring something new, like new units (as I've mentioned in my Jeopardy review as well). Since the Scourge was destroyed and had to be "resurrected", the Dreadlords could have reformed it into a whole new army featuring modified/enhanced or entirely new units. Some extra heroes would have been really nice as well. You only get the Dreadlords and Araj for a few missions. But Araj was for the most part a vanilla Lich with a few extra abilities you barely got to use. A new hero type unit could had been introduced when the Scourge was resurrected. Perhaps a Crypt Lord.

I didn't like how Arthas was killed. I was expecting a more dramatic death.

The senile old Maggroth could have also be given a more active role. He is introduced as a character that appears to have a big part to play in the events of the campaign, but then he is killed off in the last mission without contributing in any way to the story's development... therefore the voice he heard changed nothing, and the entire thing was pointless. What I am trying to say is that this campaign has tons of unused potential! Again, the dialogues are okay, but could use a little editing.

Haven't encountered any bugs, and the TD final mission was very fun! But since the overall gameplay was pretty standard, repetitive and boring at times, I am giving it a 4/5.

Thanks @Turnro. Really looking forward to your big release of Malfurion's Quest (final/full version)!

Last edited:
Level 29
Yet, it became slightly boring to play them in almost every mission. I found the Dark Ranger in the hidden tavern but I was disappointed that she didn't stay with us or contribute to the plot in any way. Guess it was a cool easter egg that I am proud to have discovered!
Some extra heroes would have been really nice as well. You only get the Dreadlords and Araj for a few missions. But Araj was for the most part a vanilla Lich with a few extra abilities you barely got to use. A new hero type unit could had been introduced when the Scourge was resurrected. Perhaps a Crypt Lord.

I share your opinion. Compared to The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and Jeopardy for the Horde we don't have many heroes to play with.

The thing is that this campaign had massive potential to bring something new, like new units (as I've mentioned in my Jeopardy review as well). Since the Scourge was destroyed and had to be "resurrected", the Dreadlords could have reformed it into a whole new army featuring modified/enhanced or entirely new units.

And we only have the Scourge nearly at half of the campaign!

I didn't like how Arthas was killed. I was expecting a more dramatic death.

Well, he killed Mal'ganis so they had a reason to kill him...
But, yeah, his death was pretty dissapointing...

The senile old Maggroth could have also be given a more active role. He is introduced as a character that appears to have a big part to play in the events of the campaign, but then he is killed off in the last mission without contributing in any way to the story's development...

Not true. He did warn Garithos of the existence of dreadlords and that is why they set up a trap. Hadn't they come to save Dalvengyr, they could have fled and continued with Tichondrius' plan of summoning the Legion.

Level 1
does the undead one have the hard mode 1 item per level? or is that the orcs and humans only? its fine... i just want to know.... playing your entire 4 campaigns over on hard now.... they were amazing.... i just wish there was more horde rts missions ... oh and you should just make it so the horde gets to use both extra mission when you make the choice between ogre and fel orc.... just whichever you do first is easier and the 2nd one is harder... no point in all that work going to waste.

Level 31
does the undead one have the hard mode 1 item per level? or is that the orcs and humans only? its fine... i just want to know.... playing your entire 4 campaigns over on hard now.... they were amazing.... i just wish there was more horde rts missions ... oh and you should just make it so the horde gets to use both extra mission when you make the choice between ogre and fel orc.... just whichever you do first is easier and the 2nd one is harder... no point in all that work going to waste.

Are you referring to the legendary items? Yes, they are only in The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and Jeopardy of the Horde. I haven't updated Resurrection of the Scourge in years which is why it is missing some small details like that.