• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resurrection of the Scourge

Resurrection of the Scourge

Created by Turnro

183891-albums3097-picture69133.jpg

Map Info

Resurrection of the Scourge is the third campaign of Turnro’s series of alternate Warcraft 3 campaigns. Its story immediately follows from Jeopardy for the Horde.

With Azgalor defeated, Tichondrius, leading dreadlord of the Nathrezim, is burdened to take on the task of invading Azeroth. Accompanied by the dreadlords Varimathras and Dalvengyr, he plans to first resurrect the armies of the Undead Scourge, who had once terrorized the human kingdom of Lordaeron.

Throughout Resurrection of the Scourge, the story will refer to several key events that occurred in The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and Jeopardy for the Horde, revealing important events that have so far been hidden from the story. You will also encounter some familiar characters from both these Campaigns.

The campaigns in Turnro’s series of epic Warcraft 3 campaigns include:

THE ADVENTURES OF ROWAN THE WISE - Click here to view/download
JEOPARDY FOR THE HORDE - Click here to view/download
MALFURION’S QUESTCurrently in Development

Features

14 maps, including 10 Chapters and 4 Interludes
Continue the story from Jeopardy for the Horde as you travel to new places, cross paths with familiar faces, and declare war with the races of Azeroth!

Control 3 Unique Dreadlords
Ever wanted to play a campaign where you control the dreadlords? Then this campaign is for you! Play as Tichondrius, Varimathras and Dalvengyr, with each dreadlord having their own spells and attribute bonus'

Command the Armies of the Scourge to the Excess!
In Resurrection of the Scourge, take command of Flesh Golems, Orc Skeletons, Ice Revenants, or basically any unit that can be raised back as undead!

New Units and Abilities
Includes a variety of new custom units including Tauren workers, Soul Towers and the custom hero Magroth the Defender. Also take command of new spells, such as Dalvangyr's Death Curse ability

Play Through a Variety of Different Map Types!
Resurrection of the Scourge offers a variety of different gameplay missions, including RPG, RTS, and Tower Defense

Variable Difficulty Levels
You can choose to play the campaign in either Normal or Hard version. This allows you to choose the difficulty of the gameplay appropriate to your skills

Screenshots

183891-albums3097-picture56470.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture36454.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71072.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture56469.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71073.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71074.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71071.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture69134.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture69135.jpg

Change Log

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 6: The Sorcerer and the Horde
Interlude: The Will of Kil'jaeden
- The necromantic spells each dreadlord possesses are no longer items, they are now normal abilities
- Changed Varimathras' necromantic ability to 'Summon Dark Minion'.
- Made changes to dialogue
- Fixed a problem with Night Elves being invulnerable in Chapter 1
- Fixed a problem which allowed the Naga Royal Guard to follow units owned by the player
- Minor changes to terrain, mainly to Chapters 1-4
- Skeletons summoned by Dalvengyr can now learn attack/armor upgrades
- Fixed pathing problems with Pig Farms (for AI reasons)
- Minor changes to cinematics
- Minor changes to gameplay

- Added in Chapter 7: Disobeying Orders
- The player is now able to choose the difficulty of the campaign, Normal or Hard
- Players are now able to start playing the campaign from chapters 1 to 7, for game catching reasons
- Minor changes to terrain
- Tichondrius’ Shadow Strike ability had been replaced by Firebolt
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 4 which disabled the player from completing the main quest as the result of skipping certain cinematics
- Fixed game catch saving problems between Chapters 6 and 7
- Slight changes to dialogue in previous chapters
- Skeletons summoned by Varimathras can now learn attack/armor upgrades
- The Dark Minions that Varimathras raises have been renamed Giant Skeleton Warriors, since the Dark Ranger raises skeletons of the same name
- Dalvengyr now has selection priority over Varimathras (for storyline reasons)
- Minor changes to cinematics
- Considerable changes to gameplay, other than the difficulty

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 8: The Ruins of Dalaran
Interlude: Old Hatreds
- The campaign has been updated to match the unit stats of the user’s current version of Warcraft 3
- Varimathras' Banish ability has been replaced with Call of Waning: It reduces the movement and attack speed of all nearby enemy units around the dreadlord
- Dalvangyr's Earthquake ability has been replaced with Death Curse: The dreadlord curses a unit so when he dies, he spawns almost instantly from it
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 6 where the timers in the optional quest 'Stop the Tauren' would restart after they have expired
- Fixed an error which disabled the user from selecting the difficulty of the campaign. In addition, the whole difficulty system has been changed. Instead of selecting the campaign's difficulty from the campaign main menu, the option is now given at the start of each map
- Slight changes to dialogue in several chapters
- Drek'Thar's Shadow Strike ability has been replaced with Stone Totem
- Other minor changes within the cinematics and gameplay may be evident

- Added in 1 map:
Chapter 9: Power of the Alliance
- Slight dialogue changes in cinematics
- Fix a camera angle problem in the last cinematic of Chapter 1
- Fix game catching problems in Chapters 2 and 3
- Fix a problem in Chapter 7 where Murlocs could cast Death Curse
- Random items on the ground will no longer appear in cinematics
- Fix the icon XY coordinates for the dreadlords necromantic abilities
- Fix the in-game dialogue skipping problems in Chapter 8
- Re-edited Varimathras' fading in part in the first cinematic of Chapter 5
- Fix a problem where Doom Guards were unable to cast Cripple

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 10: Apocalypse
Interlude: The Last Demonlord

- All the custom campaign buttons in the campaign loading screen have been reset
- Increased the model size of all dreadlords by 0.15
- Minor changes to cinematics in all maps, including dialogue changes
- Added in additional in-game dialogue when the player saves the Doom Guard in Chapter 1
- Minor terrain changes in all maps
- The Night Elves in Chapter 1 no longer have Shadow Meld
- Decreased the experience gain rate for the player’s heroes in Hard version for Chapters 2 & 3
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 2 when no in-game dialogue would play the first time the player encounters Naga
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 2 where a Hydra creep would not drop any items when killed
- Increased the Naga Sea Witch’s damage by 15 in Hard version for Chapters 2 & 3
- Added in more runes from killing enemy units/crates in Chapters 3, 4, 8 & 9
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 5 where Varimathras would appear at the undead shipyard if the first cinematic is skipped
- Added in-game dialogue the first time Wind Riders attack the player in Chapter 5
- Increased the starting gold for the player in Hard version in Chapter 5 from 1000 to 1250
- Improved the AI for the Santron Reinforcements in Chapter 6
- The buff animation for Death Curse has been changed (to not look like Parasite)
- Increased the cooldown of the Tauren’s reincarnation ability in Chapter 6 from 0 seconds to 60 seconds
- The Human Archmage can no longer use Mass Teleport in Chapter 7
- Reduced the overall difficulty of Chapters 7 & 9, for both Normal and Hard version
- Siege Engines can now attack ground units in Chapter 7
- Searing Blade now allows heroes to attack air units
- Added an additional gold mine in Chapter 9
- Increased the gradual handicap gained by Garithos’s Forces in Hard version for Chapter 10
- Increased the damage caused by all enemy heroes in Hard version for Chapter 10
- Numerous small changes throughout the campaign have been made

- Fixed a bug in Chapter 1 where the Fel Stalkers would start attacking randomly
- Fixed all spelling errors in all dialogues
- You can now collect Dalvengyr's items at the end of the 2nd cinematic in Chapter 9
- The text description for Finger of Death has been changed
- Added in more battle scenes at the start of Chapter 9
- The Power Obelisk in Chapter 10 can now be repaired
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 10 where the invisible mercenaries would give away their positions by attacking nearby enemy units
- Fixed a sound mute problem in Chapter 10
- The Death Towers and Lightning Towers in Chapter 10 have been buffed
- Reduced the overall difficulty of Chapter 10 in Normal version
- Changed the dialogue in Chapters 7, 8, 10, and the last 2 Interludes to implement new storyline changes
- Included an additional scene at the end of Chapter 8
- Samuro's spells have been changed to suit the spell changes that will take place in the upcoming version of Jeopardy for the Horde

- Slight terrain improvements in all Chapters
- Slight dialogue changes in all Chapters
- The Crystal Ball in Chapter 2 has been removed. Instead, it has been replaced with additional creeps
- Drek’Thar no longer casts Earth Totem in Chapter 6
- Included additional in-game dialogues throughout Chapters 1 to 9. Many of these dialogues include character voices taken directly from the Warcraft 3 Sound Editor
- Ancient Protectors in Chapter 1 now have Heavy Armor in Normal version
- All Quest Descriptions have been revised to fix grammar errors
- In Chapter 4, the Halls of the Dead can no longer be upgraded into a Black Citadel. In addition, Scrolls of Town Portal are no longer available for purchase in this mission
- Fixed a bug which allowed the player’s heroes to teleport away during the start of a cinematic
- The cooldown for Dalvengyr’s Death Curse ability has been reduced from 240 to 180 seconds. In addition, Dalvengyr will have full mana when he revives from a unit
- The Santron Reinforcements in Chapter 6 have gained a new Hero: Rokhan
- The doodad Watch Towers in Chapter 6 have been replaced with unit Towers that attack the player’s forces
- Destroyers are now available for training in Chapter 6. In addition, Frost Wryms are now available for training in Chapter 7
- A Gold Mine in Chapter 9 has been replaced with a Goblin Merchant
- Fixed Araj’s Tome of the Shadow Order description in Chapter 8
- The second main Quest Objective in Chapter 9 has been slightly modified: Once the Human Guards have been destroyed, a cinematic will play of the Undead establishing a base and taking over the Human’s Gold Mine. This saves the player from building an entire base from scratch
- The Human waves in Chapter 10 now choose their paths in a more random fashion
- Included more health items at the start of Chapter 8 in Normal version
- The health of enemy Heroes in Chapter 10 have been slightly increased
- Magroth the Defender now casts Sleep in Chapter 10
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 10 where Araj would not regenerate any health after receiving damage
- Enemy Human Heroes no longer gain experience or levels in Chapter 7
- Reduced the attack range of Ballista from 1150 to 1000

- Fixed a problem in Chapter 6 where the player could not transform Obsidian Statues into Destroyers after researching the Destroyer upgrade
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 6 where the Quest and mission objectives for the Optional Quest “Santron Reinforcements” would not appear
- The player now starts off with an Altar of Darkness in Chapter 6
- In Chapter 7, the Paladin model has been replaced with Proudmoore’s model
- The terrain in Chapter 10 has been improved
- Fixed a few grammar/spelling errors throughout the campaign
- Added in a new Optional Quest in Chapter 7: “Dragon Firepower”. From completing this Quest, the player will be able to build Frost Wryms
- Fixed some in-game dialogue/cinematic skipping problems in Chapter 7 & 9
- Increased the damage of Tichondrius’ Firebolt ability from 100/150/200 per level to 100/200/300
- The mana cost of Book of the Dead has increased from 100 to 120
- The mana cost for Death Curse has been slightly reduced to 150. In addition, the player can no longer use this ability on a target friendly unit
- Varimathras’ Call of Waning now has a new custom effect model
- The cooldown for Varimathras’ Raise Giant Skeleton Warrior has been reduced from 8 to 7 seconds. In addition, the mana cost for this spell has been reduced from 50 to 40
- Changed the armor type of Nerubian Towers in Chapter 4 to Heavy. In addition, a few Towers have been removed from the path between the player and the Gargoyles
- The dreadlords’ and Araj’s necromantic abilities now have their own custom icons
- Gargoyles can now be built in Chapter 4 when the player acquires them. In addition, Gargoyles have been fixed to always require a Halls of the Dead (in earlier patches of Warcraft 3, a Black Citadel was required instead)
- The difficulty of the game in Normal version has been decreased in the following ways:

- Added in more healing items in Chapter 1, as well as switching a few items between creeps
- Decreased the build times of Naga units in Chapter 3
- Buildings in Chapter 3 now have Heavy armor. However, defensive towers will still have Fortified armor in Hard version
- Increased the time it takes for enemy AI teams to attack in Chapters 5, 6 & 9. In addition, the enemy attack waves in these chapters have also been reduced
- Many enemies in Chapter 8 have either been nerfed or removed

- The player is now given a key to unlock the Sunken Ruins Gate in Chapter 2 (for story reasons)
- Added in additional dialogues in Chapter 4
- Added more gold into the Gold Mines in Chapters 4, 5 & 9
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 5 where putting any hero in a Transport Ship before the final cinematic plays will cause that hero to not appear during the cinematic
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 8 where enemy Water Elementals would get stuck in amongst doodads
- Added in more trees in Chapters 9 & 10
- The Mask of Death has been removed from the game
- Dalvengyr’s items will now be given to the player in Chapter 10 instead of Chapter 9
- Slightly increased the gold cost of the towers summoned by the Acolytes in Chapter 10
- The player’s main team in Chapter 10 will now be the Undead Scourge (Purple) instead of the Acolytes (Green). This fixes a problem where the player’s heroes were untargeted by Rally Points. In addition, any gold earned during the game will now be transferred to the Undead Scourge team
- Towers summoned by the Acolytes in Chapter 10 can now be unsummoned
- Death Towers in Chapter 10 will now deal less damage against air units
- Added in a new item in Chapter 10 called the Staff of Blight: this allows the player to create Blight in a target location, as well as giving the user Aura of Blight

Credits

Models:
  • apaka
  • Klayton
  • Norinrad
  • Whisperwind Archer
  • MasterHaosis
  • Vermillion Edict
  • Pyritie

Skins:
  • R.A.N.G.I.T

Icons:
  • Elainiel
  • M0rbid
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • zbc
  • Hellx-Magnus

Other:

I would like to thank -Kobas-, who gave me some useful advice on how to write map descriptions. His 'Map Description - Templates' page has helped me a lot.

I would also like to thank Fallen Angel Boy. His reviews and feedback for Resurrection of the Scourge has allowed me to make great improvements in the campaign.

Finally, I would like to thank all those who have played Resurrection of the Scourge. Your advice and suggestions allow me to make better campaigns :)

Keywords:
Undead, Tichondrius, Varimathras, Dalvengyr, Scourge, Araj, Burning Legion, Kil'jaeden, Samuro, Azgalor, Lord Garithos, Nathrezim, Demon, Dalaran.
Contents

Resurrection of the Scourge (Campaign)

Level 31
I hope is come out soon . And I Hope is gonna be a new Unit or a new hero. ?

Hey Lord Simon. Thanks for playing my campaigns :)

You'll be glad to know that Malfurion's Quest will feature new heroes and models (I'm not sure what you meant by "is gonna be a new hero" since it is a campaign I am making, but I hope I understood your question).

Level 2
I really liked all your campaigns and I'm really looking forward to Furions quest.
(I'm quite good at English, so if you need my help with grammer or something like that I'd be happy to help, so you can ask anytime) :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
Anyone have a good strategy for last mission? No matter how many units I produce or towers I build, try as I might I am getting my ass handed to me every time on normal. Is the tower builder acolytes faction supposed to be ally-player controlled and the base faction player controlled? I had seen a youtube video where it was the opposite. I have no clue what to do here to beat this...

Level 31
Anyone have a good strategy for last mission? No matter how many units I produce or towers I build, try as I might I am getting my ass handed to me every time on normal. Is the tower builder acolytes faction supposed to be ally-player controlled and the base faction player controlled? I had seen a youtube video where it was the opposite. I have no clue what to do here to beat this...

Hi Forsaken Ranger,

Its hard to give you advise on this, because I am not sure how you play. However, a good strategy can be the following:

- At the start of the game, start building and continue to build towers throughout the mission. If you need more Blight, you can either purchase Skulls of Blight from the Tomb of Relics or find the Staff of Blight near where you start off.

- Use the two dreadlords to defend from the Humans at the start of the game. If used correctly (using their spells and keeping them alive) and backed up with towers, they can fend off against most of the human attacks throughout the mission.

- The units to build should consist of Abominations, Frost Wyrms, Crypt Fiends, and an Obsidian Statue or two. Get Necromancers if you want. Make sure that there is an army of these guys down at the obelisk to fend off against 3 human wave attacks. Once the 3rd wave is defeated, you can send this army to defend against the main human attacks.

Basically, the idea of this mission is to not just rely on your towers or units. When you use both, your towers act as DPS while your units distract them, giving your towers more time to attack.

Also, this campaign was updated not long ago to change the player's main team due to rallying-point problems.

Hope this helps :)

Level 4
Hi Forsaken Ranger,

Its hard to give you advise on this, because I am not sure how you play. However, a good strategy can be the following:

- At the start of the game, start building and continue to build towers throughout the mission. If you need more Blight, you can either purchase Skulls of Blight from the Tomb of Relics or find the Staff of Blight near where you start off.

- Use the two dreadlords to defend from the Humans at the start of the game. If used correctly (using their spells and keeping them alive) and backed up with towers, they can fend off against most of the human attacks throughout the mission.

- The units to build should consist of Abominations, Frost Wyrms, Crypt Fiends, and an Obsidian Statue or two. Get Necromancers if you want. Make sure that there is an army of these guys down at the obelisk to fend off against 3 human wave attacks. Once the 3rd wave is defeated, you can send this army to defend against the main human attacks.

Basically, the idea of this mission is to not just rely on your towers or units. When you use both, your towers act as DPS while your units distract them, giving your towers more time to attack.

Also, this campaign was updated not long ago to change the player's main team due to rallying-point problems.

Wow definitely still can't do it. Had abominations, necromancers, frost wyrms, obsidians, tons of towers. Way too hard for just normal difficulty.

Last edited:
Level 3
Epic campaigns are epic
the only issue i have (i think)
Araj can summon beast through gate and activate the pressure plate (or whatever it is called) when finding tome of medivh

Level 2
yea mine too (as I said in previous post somewhere) ! His fire rain spell is very good , also is his ability of calling an army of skeletons .

Level 1
Turnro, your campaings are amazing, and after doing the other two, I recently finished this one.

Now, I have a question. About the Apocalypse: Which regions and places of Lordareon were destroyed? and which spared of the destruction?

Level 31
Turnro, your campaings are amazing, and after doing the other two, I recently finished this one.

Now, I have a question. About the Apocalypse: Which regions and places of Lordareon were destroyed? and which spared of the destruction?

Hi, 88Teutonic88. Thanks for playing :)

The spell was summoned in Silverpine Forest, you can assume that the West of Lordaeron was affected most. The east of Lordaeron would also have been affected but not destroyed.

You can also assume that the Eastern Kingdoms was spared from the Apocalypse's destruction.

Level 14
Well done campaign again. It was long and engaging, with a variety of different kinds of maps, a fun tower defense map, and some interesting custom spells.

Some of the undead units were missing...or didn't have prominent roles, like the destroyer, the Crypt Fiend Hero, and the Death Knight. But that's petty nitpicking, the campaign has a very strong undead feel.

If you like his previous campaigns, you'll like this one too.

Strengths:
- there were several custom spells. They weren't particularly complex but they were fun to use which is the point.
- there weren't too many giant maps where you are controlling too many units. It was all of appropriate size.
- the maps were varied with multiple different tilesets and reasonably good terrain and doodads
- tower defense map was well done
- a few custom items that were interesting

Weaknesses:
- the plot was incomprehensible to me. I don't know WC3 lore except for the actual games... so maybe that's the problem. But the climax meant little to me, which was unfortunate. I still didn't know who did what or why.
- No healing at early levels is very rough. I'd recommend an easy item based on deathcoil or something.

Possible adjustments:
- Chapter 5 was very very hard at the start
- Chapter 6, my plan to mind control a peon ended in disappointment when I learned I couldn't build orc units
- Chapter 10, the micro is very very hard if you don't get the blight-staff. I recommend just putting the item out there for newbs like me so we don't get stomped.

All in all, another well done and enjoyable campaign. The author's effort was well spent and greatly appreciated.

5/5 and +rep

Level 31
All in all, another well done and enjoyable campaign. The author's effort was well spent and greatly appreciated.

5/5 and +rep

Thanks for taking the time to reviewing another of my campaigns, darwin :)

I agree that the Staff of Blight should be easier to find. I will consider it when I update this campaign next.

I'm glad that you have enjoyed my series so far.

Level 1
Sorry if this stupid question but isn't Varithmathras color is the red one instead of orange?
and really cool campaign you,outsiderXE and tomoraider are the best although your difficulty is more reasonable!

Last edited:
Level 31
Sorry if this stupid question but isn't Varithmathras color is the red one instead of orange?
and really cool campaign you,outsiderXE and tomoraider are the best although your difficulty is more reasonable!

Hi kcryan, and thanks for playing! :)

You are right that Varimathras is red. However, his color was changed because it collided with what Tichondrius looks like, who is also red.

X59

X59

Level 3
Turnro, this was a great campaign and that ending was just really surprising and I never saw it coming. Meanwhile I really loved how you laid the foundations for the reveal in Jeopardy of the Horde and showed in Resurrection of the Scourge how everything came together. I know why Thrall and the others thought the Night Elves were helping a demon, instead of imprisoning one.

Meanwhile I rather liked how Azgalor's position of the leader of the Burning Legion was being usurped from him even before he was killed. This could be seen with how he was surprised that so few of the Legion entered Azeroth with him and with how the Pit Lord (forgot his name) and the fel orcs spoke of Eredon in the Fel Orcs Ch. 5. In all honesty I'm convinced that the fel orcs will appear in the full version of Malfurion's Quest.

Now while the campaign was good, I found Dalvengyr's arrogance to be too surprising. I get that they successfully beat some of the Horde forces that had been involved in Azgalor's death, but they didn't face Thrall and they felt they couldn't handle Cairne and his Tauren. As such I had a hard time understanding why Dalvengyr felt so confident and assured about the Scourge beating everyone. I also thought it was weird to see the ghost Antonidas in Ch. 8 considering he didn't die in Dalaran.

Though I have to admit that one of the things I really liked about the campaign was that we got to see characters from the earlier campaigns such as Ajar (who I enjoyed playing again), Arthas, Drek'thar, Samuro, Rokhan, and Cairne. As such I began to wonder what was going on with the characters from Rowan the Wise and if we'll ever see any of them again.

Now I do have some suggestions for you:
In Chapter 7 three of the bases are the same color, so maybe you could change the Elven corps to teal and the Kul'Tiras Elite Troops to green in order to have more variety.
In the same mission the Stormgarde Brigade feels like the odd man out since they don't have a hero. So maybe you could give them a paladin or something.
Since we are seeing characters from Jeopardy of the Horde, maybe we could see some characters from Rowan the Wise. For example instead of a random Archmage in chapters 4 we could fight Nathan the Mighty (leading an expedition for more treasure in Northrend) and Tara the Magnificent could be guarding the book of Medivh instead of the ghosts.

I also have two questions for you:
Since Azgalor needed the demon to die in order to enter Azeroth how did he enter when Eredon lived?

This question is more out of curiosity but what made you decided on using Dalvengyr as the third Dreadlord?

Level 31
Turnro, this was a great campaign and that ending was just really surprising and I never saw it coming. Meanwhile I really loved how you laid the foundations for the reveal in Jeopardy of the Horde and showed in Resurrection of the Scourge how everything came together. I know why Thrall and the others thought the Night Elves were helping a demon, instead of imprisoning one.

Meanwhile I rather liked how Azgalor's position of the leader of the Burning Legion was being usurped from him even before he was killed. This could be seen with how he was surprised that so few of the Legion entered Azeroth with him and with how the Pit Lord (forgot his name) and the fel orcs spoke of Eredon in the Fel Orcs Ch. 5. In all honesty I'm convinced that the fel orcs will appear in the full version of Malfurion's Quest.

Now while the campaign was good, I found Dalvengyr's arrogance to be too surprising. I get that they successfully beat some of the Horde forces that had been involved in Azgalor's death, but they didn't face Thrall and they felt they couldn't handle Cairne and his Tauren. As such I had a hard time understanding why Dalvengyr felt so confident and assured about the Scourge beating everyone. I also thought it was weird to see the ghost Antonidas in Ch. 8 considering he didn't die in Dalaran.

Though I have to admit that one of the things I really liked about the campaign was that we got to see characters from the earlier campaigns such as Ajar (who I enjoyed playing again), Arthas, Drek'thar, Samuro, Rokhan, and Cairne. As such I began to wonder what was going on with the characters from Rowan the Wise and if we'll ever see any of them again.

Now I do have some suggestions for you:
In Chapter 7 three of the bases are the same color, so maybe you could change the Elven corps to teal and the Kul'Tiras Elite Troops to green in order to have more variety.
In the same mission the Stormgarde Brigade feels like the odd man out since they don't have a hero. So maybe you could give them a paladin or something.
Since we are seeing characters from Jeopardy of the Horde, maybe we could see some characters from Rowan the Wise. For example instead of a random Archmage in chapters 4 we could fight Nathan the Mighty (leading an expedition for more treasure in Northrend) and Tara the Magnificent could be guarding the book of Medivh instead of the ghosts.

I also have two questions for you:
Since Azgalor needed the demon to die in order to enter Azeroth how did he enter when Eredon lived?

This question is more out of curiosity but what made you decided on using Dalvengyr as the third Dreadlord?

Thanks for playing, X59. I'll take your suggestions into consideration :)

In answer to your first question, Azgalor placed the curse on Eredon's illusion form. So while the demon had to die, Eredon was not technically dead.

As for Dalvengyr as a dreadlord name, I was after the name of a dreadlord that existed in Warcraft 3 but was not a significant character. As Dalvengyr was only in one Chapter in the original Warcraft 3 campaigns, the name seemed a perfect fit.

Level 2
I'm stuck on the first level. I have tried it about five times already. The problem is that as I'm trying to sneak around with dreadlords, I always pick the wrong path to take. The moment I see a NE brigade staring me down, I turn and run, but they already caught my scent and hunt me down. Then as I'm running away from them, I take another wrong turn on the fly and get sandwitched in between another NE brigade, then I die.

Level 31
I'm stuck on the first level. I have tried it about five times already. The problem is that as I'm trying to sneak around with dreadlords, I always pick the wrong path to take. The moment I see a NE brigade staring me down, I turn and run, but they already caught my scent and hunt me down. Then as I'm running away from them, I take another wrong turn on the fly and get sandwitched in between another NE brigade, then I die.

Hi DarknessRain,

Sorry to hear about your troubles :( Perhaps the easiest way to help you in figuring out where to go is to watch this video palythrough of the first Chapter. It is a little outdated, but the way to complete the Chapter is almost the same.

The only thing that is different for you to know is when you encounter the first Fel Hound. Run south-west instead of going north. When you encounter the orcs fighting the night elves, you can either wait for the battle to end before running past, or fight without taking too much damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doeWgiTr67Q

Level 1
Great Campaign I must say. One of the greatest I have played. :) One issue though. In chapter 8 I've looked everywhere for the ghost key, but couldn't find it(spent more than 2 hours, restarting a lot) . Could you please tell me were the key is hidden? I'm tired from searching

Level 31
Great Campaign I must say. One of the greatest I have played. :) One issue though. In chapter 8 I've looked everywhere for the ghost key, but couldn't find it(spent more than 2 hours, restarting a lot) . Could you please tell me were the key is hidden? I'm tired from searching

Hi XavierRockchester, thanks for playing Resurrection of the Scourge :)

As for the Ghost Key, if only you could see invisible units...

Level 2
Bug

at chapter 6 when you invade orgrimmar the doom spell that varimathras cast on the enamy to turn him int a doom guard but my doo mguard is very small can you fix it plz by the way it seems that its only in that chapter!

Level 10
Quick question. I am currently stuck on chapter 7 it is not allowing me to end the game. :/ i killed everything yet there is no bases left. And its not ending the game.

Level 31
Quick question. I am currently stuck on chapter 7 it is not allowing me to end the game. :/ i killed everything yet there is no bases left. And its not ending the game.

If you've killed all the bases, you should win the chapter.

I have just tested Chapter 7, and I was able to win it with no troubles. In order to destroy a base, you must eliminate ALL units and buildings. Perhaps there is a lone unit that you missed.

There isn't much for me to suggest other than to complete the chapter again, if you haven't already done so. If you still can't find all the units, you should use the map reveal cheat to locate any missing units.

Level 7
Great campaign for the gameplay, made me finally register here to make a post about it. I don't really know how you would pass on hard if you don't find the tome of sacrifices in chapter 4, chapters 5 and 7 in particular that item is pretty much mandatory. I stacked periapts of vitality on Dalvengyr because he was strength and let him tank with his Reincarnation/Death Pact, while Tichondrius raised Pact targets and held onto the tome. Varimathras was basically entirely useless outside of his aura and ultimate. The Dreadlords all start with a point in their worst abilities. It would be nice if you could buy some tomes of retraining on some of the maps.

There were several bugs throughout playing, but the most important one is what made me stop playing. In Chapter 9, I don't get any Acolytes, even if I'm playing on normal. What's more, after I destroy the first base with the Blood Mage, the gates are invulnerable and don't let me pass by, preventing me from progressing. I cannot complete this mission, playing up to it several times to see if I screwed it up somehow. If you're not going to update it, fine, but can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Additional bugs:
  • In chapter 9 if you don't kill the warlord at the start with Varimathras, you can go through the area normally without the time limit (Though the lieutenants will be invulnerable until you kill the warlord)
  • In chapter 5, having an army doesn't even really help that much when the Heroes are doing all the work. It's better to not haunt a gold mine because doing so is what gives the other Orc bases their AI. While I didn't know this when I first played, I did find it much easier to just run through Samuro's base to the end without fighting anything to win. Of course, the start of the mission is still insanely difficult, so I wasn't exactly too upset. I had to build towers in that Orc base to win.
  • In Chapter 8, if you move Araj up against a wall and have him summon his Spirit Beasts, they will spawn on the other side of the wall. You probably want to remove that, given you ban Tichondrius from using Inferno in this level probably because of it. I used this to cheat the teleportation switches, as only the heroes are teleported around when something steps on it, not the summons.
  • Whenever an AI in a map goes to attack, it just kills the first thing it can see then turns around and heads back to base if it can't see anything else once it's finished killing something. I had to use this bug in chapter 7 to survive due to overly high difficulty, building structures out in front of my bases and expansions to fool the AI.

Level 31
Great campaign for the gameplay, made me finally register here to make a post about it. I don't really know how you would pass on hard if you don't find the tome of sacrifices in chapter 4, chapters 5 and 7 in particular that item is pretty much mandatory. I stacked periapts of vitality on Dalvengyr because he was strength and let him tank with his Reincarnation/Death Pact, while Tichondrius raised Pact targets and held onto the tome. Varimathras was basically entirely useless outside of his aura and ultimate. The Dreadlords all start with a point in their worst abilities. It would be nice if you could buy some tomes of retraining on some of the maps.

There were several bugs throughout playing, but the most important one is what made me stop playing. In Chapter 9, I don't get any Acolytes, even if I'm playing on normal. What's more, after I destroy the first base with the Blood Mage, the gates are invulnerable and don't let me pass by, preventing me from progressing. I cannot complete this mission, playing up to it several times to see if I screwed it up somehow. If you're not going to update it, fine, but can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Additional bugs:
  • In chapter 9 if you don't kill the warlord at the start with Varimathras, you can go through the area normally without the time limit (Though the lieutenants will be invulnerable until you kill the warlord)
  • In chapter 5, having an army doesn't even really help that much when the Heroes are doing all the work. It's better to not haunt a gold mine because doing so is what gives the other Orc bases their AI. While I didn't know this when I first played, I did find it much easier to just run through Samuro's base to the end without fighting anything to win. Of course, the start of the mission is still insanely difficult, so I wasn't exactly too upset. I had to build towers in that Orc base to win.
  • In Chapter 8, if you move Araj up against a wall and have him summon his Spirit Beasts, they will spawn on the other side of the wall. You probably want to remove that, given you ban Tichondrius from using Inferno in this level probably because of it. I used this to cheat the teleportation switches, as only the heroes are teleported around when something steps on it, not the summons.
  • Whenever an AI in a map goes to attack, it just kills the first thing it can see then turns around and heads back to base if it can't see anything else once it's finished killing something. I had to use this bug in chapter 7 to survive due to overly high difficulty, building structures out in front of my bases and expansions to fool the AI.

Hi MasterWarlord,

Thanks for your post. Although I won't be updating Resurrection of the Scourge for the time being (I am working on another campaign), it is always great to have players give their feedback.

You have made some very interesting points and made me aware of a lot of bugs that I obviously missed. I will get to fixing these bugs when I work on this campaign next, as well as make Tomes of Retraining available from the Goblin Merchant in Chapter 2.

As for your current situation in Chapter 9, this is what is supposed to happen: "Once you have destroyed the Gray Human base, a cinematic will play of some Acolytes establishing your base. After the cinematic, you will be able to build additional units and collect resources as usual."

The only explanation for this not happening with you is if you didn't kill every unit that belongs to the Gray player. You must kill every unit from the Gray Humans before the cinematic will play.

Of course, this sounds like another fix on my half, since you shouldn't be able to kill every unit to take over the base (for gameplay reasons). For the time being, however, scouting around the base for Gray Human units to kill may be your only option.

Again, I thank you for giving me such useful feedback, and I hope you can continue playing Resurrection of the Scourge and finish the campaign :)

Level 5
DANGER SPOILER!

Why must Tichondrius die?! Well, i played with him whole campaign and and ... WHY? lol anyway - so good map and part where you must protect Araj from Lord Garitos is the best :)

Level 1
Good play :)

Good Campaign :eek:)) Only in some way really hard or really easy :-D

The last chapter Apocalyps is not good for ending the campaign and really hard to finish... It is impossible for me to win it without cheats :-D maybe if the units have basic statistics it would be possible... Otherwise I cannot imagine how someone can win it on normal or even hard ... :) I am not a fan of tower defense. So it is probably main reason :-D

Anyone have replay of playing Last mision and WIN without cheats? I really wanna see it how it is possible :-D

Thx :eek:))

Level 31
Good Campaign :eek:)) Only in some way really hard or really easy :-D

The last chapter Apocalyps is not good for ending the campaign and really hard to finish... It is impossible for me to win it without cheats :-D maybe if the units have basic statistics it would be possible... Otherwise I cannot imagine how someone can win it on normal or even hard ... :) I am not a fan of tower defense. So it is probably main reason :-D

Anyone have replay of playing Last mision and WIN without cheats? I really wanna see it how it is possible :-D

Thx :eek:))

Hi Orie88,

Here's a reply that you might find useful. It is a play-through of someone completing Chapter 10 on Hard difficulty.