• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Ohh... ok... now I feel stupid. Anyway it will all be worth it since there's a reason to why the map pushes to the limits of what WarCraft III can handle.

Level 4
Well, I never had any problems with it. And I like also Imageshcak, but there are some breakdowns recently. :p
Perhaps I really made an army of horny fans. :D (Just dreaming xD).

//Edit:

requiem23.gif

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/][IMG]http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8991/requiem23.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Level 13
Well, I never had any problems with it. And I like also Imageshcak, but there are some breakdowns recently. :p
Perhaps I really made an army of horny fans. :D (Just dreaming xD).

//Edit:

requiem23.gif

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/][IMG]http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8991/requiem23.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Nah you ain't dreaming. I just come to hive to see how's going and are there any news 'bout Requirem. ;) So yeah you have lots of fans.

Level 24
How she imports wow models I can answer, you go to a website that uploads WoW rips there you will be able to import WoW rips just as you import any other costume made model that is put up on HiveWorkshop.

If I should guess however on why she does it I would say because it saves her time and she get awesome models.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

WoW rips are generally to detailed and bloated from all the anims/textures/etc... to be used in Wc3, if you're lucky you might be able to find some reduced models.
Just stick with Wc3 models unless you know what you're doing though =P

Level 24
Yes espicially the animations can be really frustrating, lets say for example that you want to get Alexstraszas model then you'll get two fly animations and one fly backward animation and you'll only use one of those you'll also get three death animations, one swim animation and lots and lots of more and these will all take huge space and will make the map so much bigger then it would have needed to be so my advice is stick to the wc3 models unless you have no other chooise.

Level 16
Removing animations is easy, that's true, but the problem is not with the sequence itself, that's a few kilobytes, making it negligible. What increases file size by a tremendous amount is the position of bones at certain frames (that's how animations work), and since wow models use an enormous amount of bones, and the animations are smooth, one single animation may be as big as an individual wc3-styled model.

Level 24
As Goris has mentioned before she wants to finish this but in order to do so she needs help in certain area's but people alweys promise to help and then change their mind half way through.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

wtf!, this is really awesome man! but is 133mb too large and can cause lags on some computers?...

If someones computer would lagg from that insignificant amount then they need to shell out a few dollars to upgrade from Windows 95.

Level 24
As Goris has said before your gues of when the realese would be is as good as hers since she dosen't know when to expect this to be done since people who promise to help her never tend to keep their words.

Level 3
im very sure this is gonna be one of the awesome maps released for this year.

you're gonna release it this year, right?

yes: nod
no: backflip across a busy highway

:p

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

*133. Yea, I know it's only 67 Mbytes, but still. Even 0.1 Mbytes can change the world entirely due to the stupid 8 Mbytes map limit.

It used to be 4 Mb i believe, so i think this isn't as bad as it could be :D

Status
Not open for further replies.