• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Extra Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey there once again!

I have been making my campaign for over half year now. I have already released alpha tests from it. Many of the testers have said to me that the campaign should have a lot more item space so here I am: requesting extra inventory. I had searched everywhere to find this but I have not find any working with CAMPAIGN. So this is not for a MAP this is for a CAMPAIGN.

There is one to three heroes at each chapter(for example: chapter 1 = 1 hero, chapter 5 = 2 hero, chapter 7 = 3 hero). Because this is a campaign it have to be working with game caches. And I also hope it will be easy to import. I don't understand a word of JASS. So it can be jass, but then you have to explain how it works.

I will give you huge credits at the campaign and also some rep in here. Thank you beforehand and I really hope you can do this.

Level 17
Simpliest way is to make a unit follow you, that is a hero and no model etc.

Then just select your "backpack" and give the stuff to your backpack.

Level 9
Im trying the same thing as well:

Item system where you can hold items and dragg the items you want as an icon
to (Head) (Hand left) (Hand right) (chest) (left foot) (right foot) i am working on it
it is comeing out realy well and if it is 100% approved i will send you a link to DL a map on it so you can use.

Level 21
That can realy save you!!!

Lol. listen to my opinion, try to make abilities wich contains the stats of the items! Use spellbooks for adding them to the hero, then disable them! The Passive abilities will still take effect! That can save you!!! I want to use this strategy on my RPG! Good luck!:grin:

Level 37
vercas said:
Lol. listen to my opinion, try to make abilities wich contains the stats of the items! Use spellbooks for adding them to the hero, then disable them! The Passive abilities will still take effect! That can save you!!! I want to use this strategy on my RPG! Good luck!
Sorry, but I'm here to requesting this system. I won't make it myself. It's just too much for me. Also, I do have magics differently. I don't like that spell book system. I think it sucks.

So, anyone interested making this system? Or perhaps here is this kind of system already? Please do give me the link then.

Level 34
Dummies, you need dummies. In a certain Battleships map (that wide one), they got dummy inventories but not that advanced since all they can have are Phoenixbuff items. And probally some triggers that 'transfers' the effects from the dummy mule to your original hero.

Level 37
TheDivineBoss said:
Dummies, you need dummies. In a certain Battleships map (that wide one), they got dummy inventories but not that advanced since all they can have are Phoenixbuff items. And probally some triggers that 'transfers' the effects from the dummy mule to your original hero.
Yes, I have currently a temporarily system with three boxes. But it sucks in my opinion and I want something even better!

vercas said:
He doesn't wants to create this system, he wants someone to make it for him :)
Yeah, you are 100% right!

Level 24
Well I think that the following system should do the job for you.

1. Create a hero unit and name it backpack with no abilities except for Inventory Hero, give him the model none.mdl, think you cant find it in model list but just write none.mdl in the path. Remove his shadow etc. so you cant see the unit.

2. In triggers:
  • DisableBackpackXP
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Disable experience gain for "Backpack"
This trigger makes so that the "backpack" hero dummy won't gain any experience, so that it won't level up since that would be, well, weird.

• ExtraInventory
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move "Backpack" instantly to "Position of Your Hero"
This trigger moves the backpack dummy to your hero all the time, so that it does not come out of range.

I hope this does work, and good luck on your campaign, Aeroblyctos!

Level 9
I Am Here For Requesting This System.

Do the system by yourself. Peoples give you information how you can do it. And this is soooooo simple that it takes 2 min to do. So dont just say:

I wont do it because I have requested it. I want someone to do it for me.

How hard can it be to make 1 dummy unit with the inventory ability, and make it follow you hero?

Level 37
Well I think that the following system should do the job for you.

1. Create a hero unit and name it backpack with no abilities except for Inventory Hero, give him the model none.mdl, think you cant find it in model list but just write none.mdl in the path. Remove his shadow etc. so you cant see the unit.

2. In triggers:
  • DisableBackpackXP
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Disable experience gain for "Backpack"
This trigger makes so that the "backpack" hero dummy won't gain any experience, so that it won't level up since that would be, well, weird.

• ExtraInventory
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move "Backpack" instantly to "Position of Your Hero"
This trigger moves the backpack dummy to your hero all the time, so that it does not come out of range.

I hope this does work, and good luck on your campaign, Aeroblyctos!

Can you please give me the map so I can test if this works? And thanks for wishing me luck, I will use it wisely!

Do the system by yourself. Peoples give you information how you can do it. And this is soooooo simple that it takes 2 min to do. So dont just say:

I wont do it because I have requested it. I want someone to do it for me.

How hard can it be to make 1 dummy unit with the inventory ability, and make it follow you hero?

Sorry, but this is a request. I had tried to do this and it's incredible hard and time consuming for me. Please read the first post and see what I'm requesting. I think you don't know what I'm requesting in this topic.

I also have to say that creating this campaign already took 8 month I'm now over 80% but it's still far from over. I don't want to waste my time to this system because first I have to finish chapter 11 and epilogue.

Level 12
I think I remember seeing one of those systems like the one in TKoK, is that what you need?

...I'll link you anyways, gimmie a sec.

Level 12
Well for that I think you'll need a game cache or whatever, like how Blizzard does it. I haven't tested them in a campaign because I'm not a campaign guy: I'm a terrainer. You'll have to test them yourself.

Level 12
Sorry, but I'm here to requesting this system. I won't make it myself. It's just too much for me. Also, I do have magics differently. I don't like that spell book system. I think it sucks.

So, anyone interested making this system? Or perhaps here is this kind of system already? Please do give me the link then.

:O ur making a campaing but too lazy to make a simple spellbook? :O
4 me i have over 17 spellbooks it took me about 2 hours to make all the triggers to block the abilities to make the abilities and i started to make the ''a unit picks up an item'' ''item is equal to X'' ''enable ''abilityname'' for (owner of hero maupulating item'' ''delete item'' and i made a ''shop'' where u can sell items only if you have them (using intergers to know if u have or no)

and ur thing about water and mountain and wateva if u look inside the water its ground so units CAN go in theyc ant move in it but they can move ''instantly'' in it :D

Level 37
Hero_Lief said:
Well for that I think you'll need a game cache or whatever, like how Blizzard does it. I haven't tested them in a campaign because I'm not a campaign guy: I'm a terrainer. You'll have to test them yourself.
Well, then I have to wait that someone else will help me. Thanks anyway.

kevy2 said:
:O ur making a campaing but too lazy to make a simple spellbook? :O
I do have 10 spell books at the campaign.

kevy2 said:
4 me i have over 17 spellbooks it took me about 2 hours to make all the triggers to block the abilities to make the abilities and i started to make the ''a unit picks up an item'' ''item is equal to X'' ''enable ''abilityname'' for (owner of hero maupulating item'' ''delete item'' and i made a ''shop'' where u can sell items only if you have them (using intergers to know if u have or no)
You are you, I'm I. Once again, I don't want to waste my time to this kind of systems if someone else can do this for me. I have to finish my campaign.

kevy2 said:
and ur thing about water and mountain and wateva if u look inside the water its ground so units CAN go in theyc ant move in it but they can move ''instantly'' in it :D
What are you talking about?

Level 9
You are you, I'm I. Once again, I don't want to waste my time to this kind of systems if someone else can do this for me. I have to finish my campaign.

Ohh so you dont want to waste your time to improve your own map? Why should we waste our time to improve your map?

If you are so lazy that you dont even want to spend 10min to make a simple hero based inventory system, then i think the rest of your map is boring.
Look at the link in my signature. I spended over a week creating my inventory system. And its far from done.

Remember one thing: Its better you do it yourself, because you learn something you can use next time you create a map.

Level 37
MeKC said:
Ohh so you dont want to waste your time to improve your own map? Why should we waste our time to improve your map?
Because I'm not good making difficulty triggers(this is a diffuculty trigger I want). I'm waiting for a guy who is excellent and fast to make this kind of systems.

MeKC said:
If you are so lazy that you dont even want to spend 10min to make a simple hero based inventory system, then i think the rest of your map is boring.
I do already have this kind of system. I want better, yes a lot better. My project is a RPG, it can be boring if you don't like this kind of projects. However, even I can say that my project is not boring(I like RPG games). I think it's nice to improve your heroes and watch thousands and thousands of cinematics and play the campaign over 20 hour.

MeKC said:
Look at the link in my signature. I spended over a week creating my inventory system. And its far from done..
Ok. I spended over a half year creating my campaign. And it's far from done.

MeKC said:
Remember one thing: Its better you do it yourself, because you learn something you can use next time you create a map.
Sadly, but this is my 17th map or should I say campaign. This is my last project before I quit from warcraft 3.

I see you don't know me and I'm not selfish. However, I think you should little more watch or see who you are talking with.

Attachments

• The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 1.JPG
    The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 1.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 6,221
  • The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 2.JPG
    The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 2.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 6,109
  • The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 3.JPG
    The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 3.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 5,870
  • The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 4.JPG
    The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 4.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 5,441
  • The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 5.JPG
    The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 5.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 5,165
  • The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 6.JPG
    The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 6.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 4,861
  • The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 7.JPG
    The Chosen Ones - Chapter 1 - Picture 7.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 4,756
Last edited:
Level 37
Prehaps I shoud... but I know what he's going to say. He gives the map for me but then I don't understand anything about it(I know 0% of JASS). These systems are just too difficulty for me and I don't want my head to explode. That is why I'm here for requesting this.

Please try to understand me. :p

Level 9
Its not a difficult trigger. But you just need to know what your doing. And if you read a few tutorials here and wc3campaigns,
you will quick learn how to do such a system.

And if you still dont understand a shit of what your doing. Then request someone to put a system in your map instead.

If its your last map before you quit warcraft, then use some time to improve it, so the work wasnt waste of time.

I like RPG's. Its my favorite genres. But im just tired of all those bad quality RPG's,
thats gets boring after 10min, because they it remind me of warcheasers.
Thats why im making one myself.

Level 17
How many slots do you want? I can create a system for 10 slots. although you can't have damage/agility/strength/intelligence bonus items in those "inactive" slots.

Level 37
MeKC said:
I like RPG's. Its my favorite genres. But im just tired of all those bad quality RPG's,
thats gets boring after 10min, because they it remind me of warcheasers.
Thats why im making one myself.
This is not a another RPG. This is something more.

Huurka said:
How many slots do you want? I can create a system for 10 slots. although you can't have damage/agility/strength/intelligence bonus items in those "inactive" slots.
Well, I have three heroes currently and three boxes(3 x 6 + 3 x 6 = 36). So, I think 50-100 slots are enough.

Level 21
IT REALY WORKS, please, if i give you the map I am working on, will you put that system in it? ALSO when it uses it, show a message for credits, THAT is like HEAVEN!

Add : Maybe you're asking "That guy is lazy too..." I'm not lazy, i see it's very complicated, and i don't know how to work with JASS script :(( That's why i need help!

2nd Add : I want you to modify something, ONLY if you want!

Last edited:
Level 22
OT: Edit your last post > select all & Copy > Delete your last post > edit your previous post> paste the text > save the changes

All these systems look nutszo, why don't you guys make 1 armor use 6 squares and it will be like diablo xD. Since we see all kinds of systems with 10000 squares, can you do that ?? >_<

Level 9
MeKC that thing from your signature is REAL?!?

Add: About those systems, are they ready? i prefer the character system for my RPG Else, if can't, then the 100 extra slots one...

IT REALY WORKS, please, if i give you the map I am working on, will you put that system in it? ALSO when it uses it, show a message for credits, THAT is like HEAVEN!

Add : Maybe you're asking "That guy is lazy too..." I'm not lazy, i see it's very complicated, and i don't know how to work with JASS script :(( That's why i need help!

2nd Add : I want you to modify something, ONLY if you want!

Yes it is real. They are only builded up from some Trackable and Destructable obejcts. No I wont do it for you because I hate messing arround with others scripts. Open the map and there is written how you install it.

My system isnt finish it..

Level 21
just one problem!

ENOUGH, i give you + reputation because IT WORKS!!! BUT i have just ONE little problem... Look at the attacked image!!! The problem is in the red circle, I added the red circle, the bug is : The disabled drop icon doesn't works!

Problem Fixed!!!

Also, please warn me when the system in your signature is ready XD

Attachments

• Screen for problem.JPG
    Screen for problem.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 4
Well, I didn't read the whole thread, but is it possible to make a backpack ITEM?
so you could have an backpack in your item box, if you click on it you have six new item slots (although one would have to be used for getting out of the backpack)
I think I saw that somewhere, I just don't remember where
I hope this helped :S

Status
Not open for further replies.