• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Inventory System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I'm searching for an excellent person who have knowledge with GUI, JASS and have free time do an Inventory System. This system is about allowing player to carry at least over 60 item in an inventory. The system is just about carrying items, currently I'm using boxes.

The project I'm making is a campaign that have 12 chapters, 3 interludes, epilogue and prologue. I have been making it 1,5 years and I'm planning to finish it in 0,5 year. The campaign is huge and is pretty good quality. I'm still remaking some chapters before I release the beta stage. Current version is Alpha 3.1a.

The Chosen Ones is a single-player campaign created for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne by Aeroblyctos and is one of the largest single-player campaign ever made with a total of 11 chapters, two interludes, a prologue, and an epilogue. This campaign features more than 10 hours of gameplay and huge replay value with elite and epic bosses that require the resources obtained from a second play through to conquer. Follow the story through the eyes of the three Dragon Slayers, the noble Phodom, the mischievous Fradz, and the wise Galeoth as they journey to face a powerful presence that threatens to destroy their people and along the way, each Dragon Slayer must confront their past, their secrets, and their inner struggles. This is a story of peace and war, of loss and despair, of hate and revenge, of destiny and self discovery; this is the story, of The Chosen Ones.

More, here or in the Official Website Of The Campaign.

The reasons why I'm requesting this is because Flame_Phoenix was doing this like half year but then he gave up. Now I'm searching someone else who can do this system. Actually, I requested this same system half year ago.

So, the system I'm requesting from you:

• This is a campaign, which means you can only use GUI or JASS. No vJASS at all.
  • Perhaps the hardest part of making this system is to use Game Caches. The campaign has 11 chapters.
  • Make a test campaign so we can test does your Inventory System work.
  • The campaign have about 500 items, so try to avoid things like I need to do some kind of icon or variable for each of item.
  • The system doesn't need to be complicated. All I want that player can easily add or remove items from this inventory system, and items will be saved for next chapters.
  • The system will be for only player 1.
  • More slots, better. I will remove the boxes and add this system when the system is done.

If you are going to do this, here is what I offer you:
  • Credits as a system maker for the campaign. System creators will also have a lot bigger credits than others.
  • Your name will be written in the spell description. The spell description is shown in the campaign itself.
  • Reputation points in here.
  • I can always help you, but I don't have much time, because of the campaign. I have a time line with the campaign before I go to army.

You can also ask directly from me via MSN. My address: [email protected]

And lastly I have to say that this is another unique feature for the campaign that will once again boost the campaign hugely. I really hope this can be done, I'm curiously waiting for your response. Ask anything, I'll answer.

This is a campaign, which means you can only use GUI or JASS. No vJASS at all.
Again, I am out.

Also why the hell your ask for all of the system?
All of this are open source foundable at this side.

And if you want a special system, do it yourself by
changing the public ones.

We can't do the half map for you and the players
think that you made everything :p

Level 37
Anachron said:
Also why the hell your ask for all of the system?
All of this are open source foundable at this side.
I have not seen any. Even if I have seen like 10 variations of Inventory Systems. Non of them works perfectly with campaigns and non of them is what I exactly want. I have not added much of information and limits what kind of or how the system will look like. This way I'll give the maker free hands.

Anachron said:
And if you want a special system, do it yourself by
changing the public ones.
I don't have time to do such a systems. I have been making the campaign 16 months and I still have 6 month left(before I can't work anymore). This is too complicated system for myself to make; I don't understand JASS, I'm an average GUI map maker, but with huge objectives. This is why I want people to help to finish the project before I need to quit.

Anachron said:
We can't do the half map for you and the players
think that you made everything :p
It seems like you don't know anything about the campaign I have been making. That system is about 0,1 - 0,5% of all things in the campaign. Yes, that is right.

1) Now you can release how big the project is and how much effort I had put.
2) Now you can also understand what kind of burden I have and what I want to share to others.

I have not seen any. Even if I have seen like 10 variations of Inventory Systems. Non of them works perfectly with campaigns and non of them is what I exactly want. I have not added much of information and limits what kind of or how the system will look like. This way I'll give the maker free hands.

I don't have time to do such a systems. I have been making the campaign 16 months and I still have 6 month left(before I can't work anymore). This is too complicated system for myself to make; I don't understand JASS, I'm an average GUI map maker, but with huge objectives. This is why I want people to help to finish the project before I need to quit.

It seems like you don't know anything about the campaign I have been making. That system is about 0,1 - 0,5% of all things in the campaign. Yes, that is right.

Sorry then, gl hf finding someone,...

Status
Not open for further replies.