• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Extra Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the Image native wont work. Or yes it will work, but then you will need to export, edit and import every icon you need. And that takes alot of space.

What you mean by mdx models? Destructable is a model, and thats the way I created it.
With destructibles you will need one per item, which will still take a lot of space.
By mdx models I mean an mdx file, a flat model containing the icon.
Either we want it or not, such systems will always be huge in the space the need, however it is up to us to choose what we want. In the case of mdx files you can use them as effects, thus being fast like hell, but that way you won't be able to resize them.
Besides, since we are talking about campaigns, space isn't much of a problem is it?

Level 9
Creating a destructable for every icon wont take much space.
The way you mention about effect will take alot of space. And the I need to create a new mdx for every icon.

Actually I only use ONE model for all the icons.
Its possible to change wich textures the destructable shall use.

The size of the system(map) right now is only 154kb. That is lesser than an unit model.

When do the character system will be ready? XD It looks too good!

I dont know. Its the scripting part that take longest time.
Because of all those small bugs I need to fix.

Maybe 1 month - maybe 5 months

Level 9
I tested it with createing:

A blank map without adding anything, and saved it. The maps size was
15.6kb

And a blank map with one custom destructable and the size was
15.8kb

So actually It only take 0.2kb. Anyway you said you also use Destructable. For what? also a fullscreen system?

Status
Not open for further replies.