• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steal System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I'm searching for a kind person who could do a Steal System. This system is about allowing player's characters(three totally) to be able steal items from enemy units.

The project I'm making is a campaign that have 12 chapters, 3 interludes, epilogue and prologue. I have been making it 1,5 years and I'm planning to finish it in 0,5 year. The campaign is huge and is pretty good quality. I'm still remaking some chapters before I release the beta stage. Current version is Alpha 3.1a.

The Chosen Ones is a single-player campaign created for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne by Aeroblyctos and is one of the largest single-player campaign ever made with a total of 11 chapters, two interludes, a prologue, and an epilogue. This campaign features more than 10 hours of gameplay and huge replay value with elite and epic bosses that require the resources obtained from a second play through to conquer. Follow the story through the eyes of the three Dragon Slayers, the noble Phodom, the mischievous Fradz, and the wise Galeoth as they journey to face a powerful presence that threatens to destroy their people and along the way, each Dragon Slayer must confront their past, their secrets, and their inner struggles. This is a story of peace and war, of loss and despair, of hate and revenge, of destiny and self discovery; this is the story, of The Chosen Ones.

More, here.

So, the system I'm requesting from you:

• This is a campaign, which means you can only use GUI or JASS. No vJASS at all.
  • All the items to enemies and their chances should be done by variables at the beginning of game. At the beginning chapters items will have 0% minus chance, but in later chapters some items starts to have -X% chance so it will be harder to steal specific items. This will make the job of mine easier, so I can add/remove items. Why? Because then I can easily change values and make balances.
  • The drop chance may drop under 0% which means the steal will fail.
  • The system should be easily added to the campaign(Like I said, some items chances may have -X%).
  • The steal is first 25% chance. Every 1 agility increases the chance by 0.1%, this gives a bonus for the agility hero(Fradz) to steal items. Also there are some items that increases Steal Chance(only 5 items so you can add each of item to variable so I can change them easily in the campaign).
  • The chance to steal doesn't go that easily up when leveling. Some items are harder to steal.
  • Enemies can have more than one item.
  • Only one item can be stealed / time.
  • Most of the enemy units don't have items at all. Usually bosses have stronger items to steal.
  • There are three characters in the campaign that are owned by player 1. These three characters can only use Steal.
  • If a character steals from an enemy unit, it first checks does the enemy have items. If not, there should be some kind of floating text saying something.
  • If a character steals from an enemy unit that have item, but the steal fails there should be some kind of floating text saying something.
  • If a character successfully steals an item from enemy floating text should say what item is stealed, and if the stealer doesn't have enough of space the item should be dropped to ground, position of stealer.

Some calculations:

• The item that will be stealen have 0%. Character automatically have 25% chance + his agility is 30. Agility is converted to 3%. The chance to success is 28%.
  • The item that will be stealen have -50%. Character automatically have 25% chance + his agility is 100. Agility is converted to 10%. -50% - 25% - 10% = -15%. Steal will fail 100%.
  • The item that will be stealen have 50%. Character automatically have 25% chance + his agility is 255. Agility is converted to 26%. Also the character have 1 item that increases steal chance by 10%. -50% - 25%- 26% - 10% = 11% chance to steal.

If you are going to do this, here is what I offer you:
  • Credits as a system maker for the campaign. System creators will also have a lot bigger credits than others.
  • Your name will be written in the spell description. The spell description is shown in the campaign itself.
  • Reputation points in here.
  • I can always help you, but I don't have much time, because of the campaign. I have a time line with the campaign before I go to army.

You can also ask directly from me via MSN. My address: [email protected]

And lastly I have to say that this is another unique feature for the campaign that will once again boost the campaign hugely. I really hope this can be done, I'm curiously waiting for your response. Ask anything, I'll answer.

Last edited:
Level 37
Damn you aero, you always have such interesting requests. But i won't start something i can't finish this time.
Unique systems for unique games!

I think there is something very much like this, allready, in the spells section. Search steal.
Ye, but this is a lot more advanced. The ones that are in spell section aren't that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.