• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Three Unique Profession Descriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I need a little help with my English + imagination. I need three unique "Profession Descriptions". I have given you some example description I have tried and some keywords so you can produce an epic description.

This request needs good English skills and excellent imagination.

I like to have long and unique description in this campaign and I have high standards. For example, here's one of the ability description of the project:

Fire Mastery
Those few able to master the element of fire are rewarded greatly for their efforts. If they so chose, they may watch their enemies burn with infernal torments. The skill of the master of fire may reach a level such that even the strongest of enemies are melted and burned to cinders.

The one that can help will have some rep and credits in the project I'm creating: The Chosen Ones.

Okay, let's start...

The description should give these details:

- A little story about the profession.
- What is the profession about and what must be done.
- What does the profession give actually.
- How does the profession improve.
- I like unique words. Try to use unique words, please.

And... Ask more details if needed. I don't know if I gave you enough details.

Treasure Hunter

My own failure try
Treasure Hunter are the ones that seeks the most unique items. They are professionaled with digging items from underground. When a black spot is seen, a Treasure Hunter is more than ready to dig.

Keywords & ideas
- Treasure Hunters can dig the ground and get powerful items(only in black spots).
- There is a "power level". Some items needs enough "power level" to be earned.
- Tasks from "Treasure Hunter" menu increases the "power level".
- This is a "non-battle profession".

Battle Thief

My own failure try
Battle Thief is an unique profession where the character steals precious items from enemies while in battle. Battle Thief improves by stealing succefully items from enemies. Every 7th succeful steal either gives a new ability or improves the character in other way.

Keywords & ideas
- Master Thief is all about stealing powerful items from enemies while in battle.
- The steal chances increases by Agility, items and abilities.
- Every 7th succeful steal either gives a new ability or a passive power increase such as more maximum hit points, etc.
- Other skills are Mug(dmg when stealing), Steal Mode(100% evade, -50% atk spd 15 secs, Master Stealing(steal never fails).
- This is a "battle profession".
- HINT: Perhaps you should put in the description about that when you have that "Master Stealing" ability, stealing never fails... Then you are like master of masters in stealing. X_x

Alchemist

My own failure try
Alchemists are able to mix different things to potions to either increase their own or companions skills in a different way of fightning. As the Alchemist improves, he can create more and more challenging potions.

Keywords & ideas
- Alchemist is about mixing flowers together and put one of the flasks to it. For example in order to create "Potion Of Strength"(Permanently increases Strength by 3.) these ones are needed:
=> 2x Monthana, 1x Lakhnos, 1x Triangle Flask.
=> A recipe which can be bought or found.
=> Enough "Alchemist level"
- Every time a potion is made a new "Alchemist Level" is gained.
- This is a "non-battle profession".

Level 30
Treasure Hunter

Treasure Hunters were previously hard-working and stout-hearted citizens, until the Golden Fewer rushed through their city. By digging gold and items to meet the ever-increasing greed and necessity for power, they are the backbone of any party. Trained only in the searching and scavenging the black spots of the unknown places, they hold covers to those necessary to wage war, and their names they take great pride in the invaluable service they provide.

Battle Thief

Nothing can stop him to get what he wants. Battle Thiefs are strong, swift, and merciless to those who are on the wrong side of war. Believed that they are gifted by Elune, they are often used as snatchers at the forefront of many armies, inspiring fear among enemies. More the Battle Thief steals, more powerful it becomes. Nothing can prepare the enemy for what they can do. Because of their fighting capabilities, rumors turned them in the most feared enemies. The shadowy Thief becomes lord of battling when he masters his skills.

Alchemist

All potion masters are known for their convectional expertise and clever, though sometimes peculiar, inventions, and the Alchemists are certainly no exceptions. With their lethal potion skills and masteries, their ingenuity is undeniable. Their concoctions are used as permanent increase to any characteristic, as they augment their ally's spirit and body endurance. Though their creations may sometimes fail and the occasional explosion does occur, the spirits and enthusiasm of Alchemists are never diminished.

So... What you think?

Last edited:
Level 37
Treasure Hunter

- There was a great war 12 years ago in the story. I think you should edit the story to little like: the war that have been so long, many powerful items were lost in the war. So the "Treasure Hunters" are actually searching for those items...
- "they hold covers to those necessary to wage war, and their names they take great pride in the invaluable service they provide" Sounds a little bit odd. Especially that "to wage war". People don't want war, they just had one. Can you add something else in here?

Battle Thief

- "to those who are on the wrong side of war". Can this be changed "wrong side of a battle or something?

Alchemist

- I have a feeling about this description that there's a scientist who makes potions inside a laboratory or something. It's opposite: Alchemists travel around the world with flasks and searching for specific flowers. When everything is needed to create a potion they do that. They need flowers, flask and enough Alchemist Level to create a potion.
- Doesn't tell what items are combined and how: Flowers, flasks and a recipe.

Remember:

- A little story.
- What is the profession about and what must be done.
- What does the profession give actually.
- How does the profession improve.

STORY ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN:

Twelve peaceful years after The Great War, where humanity stood victorious against the dragons after years, ages of despair, bloodshed, loss and grief.
The war of which only a few recall the reason of it.
This gave the oppurtunity for human kingdoms to rise, humanity has fought itself free from the grip of the Dragons.
The kingdom of Balgaron is one of those kingdoms, the kingdom where this story starts...

Level 30
Okay... How about these?
Will edit for more in a minute.

Treasure Hunter

Treasure Hunters were previously hard-working and stout-hearted citizens, until the Golden Fewer rushed through their city. By digging gold and items to meet the ever-increasing greed and necessity for power, they are the backbone of any party. During recent wars that rampaged near their villages, many ancient items were swallowed by earth and forgotten for years. Trained only in the searching and scavenging the black spots of the unknown places, their digging services are highly respected.

Battle Thief

Nothing can stop him to get what he wants. Battle Thief is strong, swift, and merciless to those who dare to challenge them. Believed that they are gifted by Elune, they are often used as snatchers at the forefront of many armies, inspiring fear among enemies. More the Battle Thief steals, more powerful it becomes. Nothing can prepare the enemy for what they can do. Because of their fighting capabilities, rumors turned them in the most feared enemies. The shadowy Thief becomes lord of battling when he masters his skills.

Alchemist

Sick of war and tired of running away from battles, valuable potion makers fought back with all ingredients they could gather. Mixing both deadly and empowering potions, they are known for their convectional expertise and intelligence, and their ingenuity is undeniable. Their concoctions augment their ally's spirit and body endurance. As the Alchemist travels around the world, gathering magical herbs from unknown fields and recipes from forgotten libraries, occasional failures may occur. But, whether those are failures or not, the spirits and enthusiasm of Alchemists are never diminished.

Level 37
Treasure Hunter

- I'm still not satisfied with the text and I made a new start. I used some of your text and put some of mine ideas. Please continue.

Treasure Hunters were previously hard-working and stout-hearted citizens, until the Golden Fewer rushed through their city. By digging gold and items to meet the ever-increasing greed and necessity for power.

Battle Thief

- Now that I think some parts doesn't make sense with the actual story.
- In the world of Oelivert, kingdoms doesn't fight with each other; instead they find dragons the enemy. However, now as the war is over peace is. "they are often used as snatchers at the forefront of many armies, inspiring fear among enemies." Can you replace this to something else?

Alchemist

Sick of war and tired of running away from battles, valuable potion makers fought back with all ingredients they could gather. Mixing empowering potions, they are known for their convectional expertise and intelligence, and their ingenuity is undeniable. Their concoctions augment their ally's spirit and body endurance. As the Alchemist travels around the world, gathering magical herbs from unknown fields and recipes from forgotten libraries, occasional failures may occur. But, whether those are failures or not, the spirits and enthusiasm of Alchemists are never diminished.

- I little edited that and can you change that failure thing? I think it's not necessary... It would be stupid if there's a chance to actually fail making a potion. Players will only get mad about that.

Thanks again.

Level 30
Treasure Hunter

During recent wars that rampaged near their villages, many ancient items were swallowed by earth and forgotten for years. Treasure Hunters were previously hard-working and stout-hearted citizens, until the Golden Fewer rushed through their city. Trained only in the searching and scavenging the black spots of the unknown places, they meet their ever-increasing greed and necessity for power by digging gold and items from the very earth they've used to plow before.

Battle Thief

Nothing can stop him to get what he wants. Battle Thief is strong, swift, and merciless to those who dare to challenge them. Believed that they are gifted by Elune, their quick ambushes are legendary, while they inspire fear among enemies. More the Battle Thief steals, more powerful it becomes. Nothing can prepare the enemy for what they can do. Because of their fighting capabilities, rumors turned them in the most feared enemies. The shadowy Thief becomes lord of battling when he masters his skills.

Alchemist

Sick of war and tired of running away from battles, valuable potion makers fought back with all ingredients they could gather. Mixing empowering potions, they are known for their convectional expertise and intelligence, and their ingenuity is undeniable. Their concoctions augment their ally's spirit and body endurance. As the Alchemist travels around the world, gathering magical herbs from unknown fields and recipes from forgotten libraries, he gains more and more knowledge in making quite challenging potions for himself and his allies.

Hope these will work now. Tell me what to fix, if anything has to be fixed ^^

Level 37
Thanks man, you have been very useful for me. Shame that we couldn't get in perfect understanding. Suddenly I got a lot of motivation and inspiration to finish the texts. And I'm pretty satisfied what I have done.

Now I only want from you or anyone else to fix the grammar errors or make minor changes. Of course you can give me ideas and examples to improve these texts.

Thanks again, rep and credits are already yours.

-------------------------

Treasure Hunter

1) Story
During The Great War countless villages and castles were destroyed leading for many ancient items swallowed and forgotten. After the war, many people from all around Oelivert started to search the forgotten items. The luckiest ones have become either rich for selling expensive items and others have gained incredible powers for keeping their treasures. Those who are willing to put their lives to risk and search items call themselves Treasure Hunters.

2) About the profession
As a Treasure Hunter, your job is to search items from underground. What you need is enough Dig Points and a correct place to dig. To gain more Dig Power you must complete tasks from Dig Menu. When you see a black spot at ground, start to dig.

3) Primary and secondary
Phodom has this profession as a primary profession meaning he will gain one extra Dig Point per 10 level. Fradz has this skill as a secondary profession and will not get any bonuses.

Battle Thief

1) Story
Nothing can stop him to get what he wants. Battle Thiefs are not just anything regular thieves, they are swift and strong fighters also. Even so fast, that they can steal items same time while fighting. Their quickiness can turn tide of a battle when stealing powerful items from enemies and using those for their own good.

2) About the profession
Battle Thief's job is to steal items from powerful enemies. Regular enemies doens't have anything to steal. For each 6 succeful steal attempt, a new ability or a permament stat bonus is gained for the stealer. From some enemies, it's harder to steal items and this is why Battle Thief must improve his skills. Agility points and items can increase the steal chance value.

3) Primary and secondary
Fradz has this skill as a primary profession meaning he will gain 5% extra steal percent per level of Steal. Every succeful steal increases the level. Galeoth has this skill as a secondary Profession and will not get any bonuses. Both characters have 25% basic steal chance and every 1 agility increases the chance by 0,2%.

Alchemist

1) Story
Alchemists are warriors who travel at wilderness all around Oelivert. It doens't matter how strong or weak they are, their main goal is to create powerful potions. These potions, will increase powers in many different way. To make a potion, they need correct ingredients, a recipe, an empty potion and most of all, enough experience.

2) About the profession
In order to create a potion, you must have correct flowers, a correct shaped potion from shop, a correct recipe and enough Alchemist Level. You can find different flowers and recipes from all around Oelivert. Each succeful potion creation gives Alchemist Level.

3) Primary and secondary
Galeoth has this skill as a primary Profession meaning he doesn't have any limits when creating potions. Phodom has this skill as a secondary Profession and can only develop up to level 5 and can't go beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.