• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Requesting Three Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey there.

I'm currently making three new abilities for the project I'm making. The icons I'm requesting from you should be same kind of, but their element is different. The elements are fire, lightning and ice. Here are the abilities' descriptions.

Fire Mastery
Those few able to master the element of fire are rewarded greatly for their efforts. If they so chose, they may watch their enemies burn with infernal torments. The skill of the master of fire may reach a level such that even the strongest of enemies are melted and burned to cinders. Increases all magic type abilities' damage by X%.
(Damage Bonus: 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%)

Lightning Mastery
The master of lightning is able to harness the pure electrical energy which runs through all beings in nature. Through deeper study of this volatile element, the lightening master may call forth at his will the pure power of energy upon targets with such a force that it may break even the bonds which hold together atoms. Increases all magic type abilities' damage by X%.
(Damage Bonus: 30%, 60%, 90%, 120%, 150%)

Ice Mastery
A great frost wizard once said, "If I can chill it, I can kill it." The master of ice calls upon magical powers from the mystical Icy Mountains. His difficult research into this hostile element allows him to manipulate the power of ice in order to vanquish even the greatest of foes. The element freezes creatures through, rendering their fibers brittle and inert, and therefore inflicting great damage. Increases all magic type abilities' damage by X%.
(Damage Bonus: 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%)

Rep and credits will be given to you!

Level 16
hi, here there are:

attachment.php

the .blp are in the .zip.

good luck with your project.

Attachments

• buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 753
  • masteries.zip
    72.2 KB · Views: 29
Level 37
Mmh.

Hmm.

They doesn't look similar enough to each other... Sorry but I just can't accept them. Good try however and rep is earned. But I'm still need a little better icons, for my taste of course.

I wished to have three icons similar to each other, expect the three different elementals. For example icons could be made you start with basic Blizzard's icon sharp(ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNStatUp.blp), recolor it to red, blue and yellow. Then add there some fire, ice and lightning effects and done. Isn't that hard I think.

Level 10
Hello aero, long time no see

i took a shot at doing your icons... I didn't read your first post correctly tho and I accidentally did a water icon instead of an ice (oops) but it mite still work for what you want.

BTNfireicon.png
BTNelectrictyicon.png
BTNwatericon.png

...the images look a bit sharp in my post but that's so they look clear in game (once imported warcraft tends to dull them up so I compensate for that)

dw bout credits man, the chance to pump out a bit of art is always good for practice

Last edited:
Level 37
It's a hard choose indeed.

Discipline's are all pretty good. However, they don't 100% match with the elements.

I like Xezko's fire, ice is okay, but the last one... What the it is? Can't be lightning.

So I have to go with Discipline. I'm sorry again, Xezko.

+rep for good try(can't give now because I already gave you but later then)

Thanks to both of you! You did great job.

Level 10
ok I thought every who makes maps knew this, so I'll explain it so you understand. I've converted them to .blp aswell....

When you import icons the two main icons you will need are a btn (command button) and a disbtn (a disabled command button for when the button is out of use) for each button.

The active button (btn) will always go in this path -

replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\BTN____.blp

or if it is .tga -

replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\BTN____.tga

and for the disabled command buttons (disbtn) the path will always be -

replaceabletextures\commandbuttonsdisabled\DISBTN____.blp

or for .tga -

replaceabletextures\commandbuttonsdisabled\DISBTN____.tga

Where I have put the red line, you can put in any file name you want (it doesn't even have to be the same as the real file name), as long as it is the same for both the btn and the disbtn of the same icon.

Here are some paths u can use for the included icons:

Fire Mastery -

replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\BTNfiremas.blp
replaceabletextures\commandbuttonsdisabled\DISBTNfiremas.blp

Ice Mastery -

replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\BTNicemas.blp
replaceabletextures\commandbuttonsdisabled\DISBTNicemas.blp

Electrical Mastery -

replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\BTNelemas.blp
replaceabletextures\commandbuttonsdisabled\DISBTNelemas.blp

.... see, simple as that :thumbs_up:

Last edited: