• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

remove ability via trigger & remember cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi people,

the problem with removing abilities via trigger is: If the spell was currently cooling down and is removed and readded, the cooldown will be reset.

I could go for tech requirements on spells to blur them out when needed. But the problem with that is that it aplies globaly.

I want a spell deactivated for a single unit; however, I want it to remember the cooldown, so ideally, the spell would be blurred out or sth...

+rep if you help me :)

EDIT: I would also like to know which ways there are of blurring out spell icons (other than tying a spell to an upgrade)

You need to use the "channel" ability as a dummy ability and then trigger the effect of your ability. "Channel" has a visibility data field that allows hiding the ability. Make two levels of said ability; the first with the ability shown, the second with the ability hidden, then just increase and decrease levels to hide/show the ability.

Level 10
You need to use the "channel" ability as a dummy ability and then trigger the effect of your ability. "Channel" has a visibility data field that allows hiding the ability. Make two levels of said ability; the first with the ability shown, the second with the ability hidden, then just increase and decrease levels to hide/show the ability.

cool, I'm gonna experiment with that. Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.