• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Red Alert 3 Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I now have the RA3 beta! :D Its so friggen awsume! Any other people here have it? I'll add you as a friend.

I can conform that many of the original sounds are returning! Even the main page has the same music. I think one of the reasons why sounds are returning is b/c it both save time/money, and vet's can reconize them sounds as well.

Red Alert 3 is turning out to be much more of a spiritual successor of RA2:YR, than C&C3 to C&C.TS:F.

Level 8
Ok, I managed to get a sandbox game as Japanese.

Their way of building is COMPLETLY different (woa, EA, thats a first). What happens, is their command center build's their structures as normal; however, you don't select a location for them. Instead, your center builds a little floating/hovering thing that unpacks where ever you want it. They are all the same, but can be destroyed easy. Basicly, you can build stuff anywhere; just gotta protect those hovering things. And they only have 6 main buildings (then theres 3 defences that do the same; anti-infantry, anti-vehicle, and AA). Then EA borrowed an idea from SCII/Blizz.

Which idea?
The transforming unit the terrans get; 2-gun machine-gun walker/AA jet!
Woa, EA, not-so first idea.
Execpt instead of just one unit, its for a bunch! The basic anti-vehicle(may be anti-infantry) mini-vehicle/walker turns into their AA air unit. The anti-air ground vehicle/walker turns into a anti-vehicle (well, rocket barrage @ ground) air unit.
Hell, even their AA-submarine unit turns into a anti-infantry jet (shoots rapid-fire plasma while moving).
Phew, thats alot of stuff! But wait! Theres more!
Now, for their infantry. The assasin-guy throws only 2 of those disk things; they instant kill all infantry I think (other than heroic & hero I think), then their blade does the same. Their infantry shoot plasma bullets (slightly better than reg ammo), but they can take out a friggen katana (and its made of energy or something!).

But the best part? Walls are back!!! :D

Level 19
Suck? SUCK? I have played it, and i feel that its living up to its past (they DID partialy make RA2, and that ones my fav).

I managed to have another sandbox! I took some screen shots, and I'll post them here when I upload then on Photo Bucket.

The problem is that every time EA comes too close they damage/ruin the games. They also set extremely pathetic deadlines.

Level 36
DUDES. Do NOT post any images here. It's in closed beta (Correct me if it's switched to open), and as such, every time you start the game, or at least when you installed it, you accept an NDA, or a Non-Disclosure Agreement. You should not be telling us anything, as by doing so you are voiding the agreement, and screens are certainly not helping your case.

Level 12
RA 3 is gonna suck. I have a feeling. Since Westwood quit, EA is gonna fuck up RA for sure.

Sorry to disappoint you but Westwood never quit, they ran out of money and EA bought them. They originally came from EA anyway.

Also I got the beta key, but it doesn't fucking work, it never accepted it, it pissed me off, it kept saying it wasn't the right key, it angered me, DAMN YOU EA!

Level 19
Sorry to disappoint you but Westwood never quit, they ran out of money and EA bought them. They originally came from EA anyway.

Also I got the beta key, but it doesn't fucking work, it never accepted it, it pissed me off, it kept saying it wasn't the right key, it angered me, DAMN YOU EA!

Why don't you just download the beta and try it out yourself? Anyway I got 2 serial keys! WOO HOO!

Level 12
Perhaps someone could upload an already installed version.

No offense but thats rather a dumb post... You can't lol, you think EA would be that careless to allow that? Most likely you can't. If you could it would have been done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.