• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Red Alert 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
23d40e6redalert2s.jpg

This map is getting made by a friend of me but he cant post on the hive.
Im also working on this map. (just wrote this for information)

This is a map based on 1 of the best strategie games ever Red alert 2.

The goal of the game is to destroy your enemys Construction yard.

Allmost evry unit of Red alert 2 is possible to make.

We use custom models for the most units/buildings.

The game is going to have 4 armys 3 from the real game 1 self made.

Project leader: i_bring_doom/Wuss15
Terrainer: I_bring_doom
Gameplay maker: Wuss15
Modeler: looking for.

officel homepage: http://redalert2warcraft.webs.com/

The armys:

Allied: Normal army and has a spy that can take over enemy buildings.

Soviet: Army based on strong units but weak armor

Yuri: army mostly based on controlling enemy units

Normaly in WarcraftIII you need to gain gold from gold mines. I made the goldmines Ore. The warminer (soviet) can get ore for soviet. The Chrono miner. for allied and the Slave miner for Yuri.

The game also has special buildings you can control like a airfield that can get you extra peratroopers (7 basic units) and much more.

How far is the game?

Not so far yet but the progress is going fast and i almost finished all soviet buildings and currently working on the soviet units.

What do you need the most.

Red alert II models alot of them all the models of the hive i already got so any help is welcome as long as it is not a model thats already posted in the model section.

Screenshots:
6124564redalert2b.jpg

a11956eredalert2b.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
Some of the buildings looks really low poly / ugly.

Map Size Yet? said:
Allmost evry unit of Red alert 2 is possible to make.

We use custom models for the most units/buildings

So it's time for me to download a 3.99 mb map.

Level 4
okay, lets say one thing, first... the map isn't finished, when it is we will sure give link... :D

the models are them we could find, we need a modeler or some more models to finish it thats also why we put it here in forum. to get ideas from others and models and things like that.

i don't know yet if the map will b 3.99 Mb but if we get a modeler we will could cut the size down...

Level 7
lol dude ra2 in wc3 totally kick ass but not unique..hope to play this soon.you could atleast add some more features in these other than the normal red alert gameplay.

Level 4
i think we will :D

but before thinking in new things we have to get some more models.

we are also open for ideas about new things we could made.

Level 7
will models are really a problem dude just make use some of the models in hive resources that may look like ra2 models..

Level 4
we also do right now, but there isn't enough, but we do have plans about remove the 4th army if the size from the models get to big, and then make it in a latere version where the size is cut down.

Level 8
In my in-progress map, Iowk: Prelude, I can't get all the models I need; thus, in the mean time, I'm just using the rifleman model several times. However, to differ them, I made use of attachments. I'd suggest you also use attachments for several infantry units; i.e. for the flak trooper, attach a rocket to their right hand (or end of the weapon/on the weapon) to show that it uses explosives. That tactic can also save file size.

Just remember to put gameplay/fun level in front of models; if it isn't fun then people will not play, but if its fun to play then get working on better models!

Level 4
In my in-progress map, Iowk: Prelude, I can't get all the models I need; thus, in the mean time, I'm just using the rifleman model several times. However, to differ them, I made use of attachments. I'd suggest you also use attachments for several infantry units; i.e. for the flak trooper, attach a rocket to their right hand (or end of the weapon/on the weapon) to show that it uses explosives. That tactic can also save file size.

Just remember to put gameplay/fun level in front of models; if it isn't fun then people will not play, but if its fun to play then get working on better models!

I agreed and will take you adwise :D

we trying selv to see if any good idea pop up in our heads :grin:

but if you people as players ( and map makers ) have any good ideas we will be happy to hear them :D

Level 4
i are soon starting on a gameply to the map,

a suvival mode you can use if there is 5 or less players in map, then all gets ally and start same place, and some waves will attack you.

you win by suvival all waves or kill the enemy headquaters wich is great proctet :D

Level 4
we have now seval gametypes:

Rush mode ( allmost done )

super weapons mode ( maybe )

survival mode. ( allmost done )

normal game play.

spy mode ( under development )

Level 8
For the mining system, you CAN make this like in Red Alert 3 (with enough work).

-Take a tree destructible, replace with a model of gold shards on the ground (and a diamond one).
-Make it have either no or 1 unit of collision size.
-Make Lumber your main resource.
-Tada! You got (almost) the same system. I'm not sure about dimond fields though.

If you still want trees on the map, don't delete them! Just change their targeting to depis or something. Just be sure to make the gold fields with the right HP.

Level 4
right now we have made goldmines a diffrent model and really small like the ore on the ground in RA2 ( i don't have RA3 yet )

but good adwise :D

Level 8
right now we have made goldmines a diffrent model and really small like the ore on the ground in RA2 ( i don't have RA3 yet )

but good adwise :D
The thing I was talking about wasn't in RA3; it was in RA2. If you use trees/lumber and change them to be your main resource, then it would be almost exactly like in RA2; your workers would automatically go back and forth, they would get use up, and with some triggers would automatically appear near those mining things (that bring up more gold).

And with phoenix fire, you can make the Soviet Ore Miners autoattack.

If your lost about what I'm tallking about, this weekend I can make a quick map that uses this.

Level 4
hmm, i see you point, and it could be done nicely.

i/we will think about it, and if this we have now dosen't works we will use that :D

Level 8
hmm, i see you point, and it could be done nicely.

i/we will think about it, and if this we have now dosen't works we will use that :D
I know for a fact that when a gold mine is used up, the workers don't automatically go to the next gold mine; so if you have it like in RA2 where the gold on the ground is constantly mined off, then workers will just keep asking for orders (unless you trigger it right somehow). Of course, you can make it like in RA3 (where there are "gold mines" like in WC3), but RA3 is not as good as RA2 (and it is more unique with RA2's system of gold mining).

Level 4
well we do so the gold mine have 15000 gold each. and they are small, but you idea could be better :D

Level 4
some news :D

we now have kirov air shipo and mirage tank wich camuflage itself to a bush XD

462ad514redalert2k.jpg

we have allso made a new start way so you can pick you own spot better :D

and are working on to get some voces in so when you in RA2 press f5 a voice come with a messege, we are working on to get that in warcraft 3 :D

but we still need models.....

Level 3
A difficult endeavor. Good luck with it; I am interested in seeing what solution you come up with to solve certain things such as paradropping infantry.

Last edited:
Level 4
we have looked a little in the map but the things behiend the mapcan't wee see because it is proceted....

we have the idea to paradrop but it gets hard to make.

Level 3
I was just thinking that using only imports for the Allies' and the Soviets' models and icons will take up a lot of the map's space. I am starting to have doubts that you guys will be able to create 4 different factions, each with imported models. So a minor suggestion, try to keep your focus concentrated on completing the Allies and Soviets - if you still have space left after they're completed, then you might be able to add in the Yuri faction.

Level 4
we know :D

in the beta only allied and sovjet will come because of the map space, but if we find a modeler that can cut our models size down and make good models we will think about the yuri and perhabs the yuri betrayers... :D

Level 4
hey illidan :D

i don't know if you have got my pm's but i would be happy if you might could help us and share some of you fantastisk models :D

i don't expect you will or that you will give us an unproctet version of you map, but i hope you could give os some models :D
we give of corse credits.

btw not this subjekt but i wanna tell you that the map mordern warfare is really cool but even that it is a beta/alpha i think its annoying that everyone share every ones units... but anyway i can't wait to final version comes in mordern warfare. :D

Level 4
i have some more screens now :D
it aren't the best screens because im new at taking screens but i hope they will give you some ideas of what we are making and have made.. :D

3ca0f90screen1.png

92b1120screen2.png

f70d69dascreen3.png

8f68008screen5.png

i don't know if you have got my pm's but i would be happy if you might could help us and share some of you fantastisk models :D

i don't expect you will or that you will give us an unproctet version of you map, but i hope you could give os some models :D
we give of corse credits.

I do not have any Red Alert 2 models you don't already have.

Level 4
Do you have the Tesla Coil and the Prism Tower?
If so, then you've already got all the Red Alert 2 models I've made.
I should know this better than you..

Do not want.

of corse you know it better than us...

the prism tower i don't think we have... but anyway it is doom there know that exactly right now.

good luck in the futher :D

Status
Not open for further replies.