• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Red Alert 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
03_art.jpg

After seven years, Red Alert returns! After a time travel mission goes awry, a new superpower has been thrust onto the world stage and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making WW III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies such as Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

Experience the next chapter of the Red Alert saga.

Red Alert 3 has been announced and the beta will come out in couple months.
Here is the site: http://www.ea.com/redalert/main.jsp
I personally loved Red Alert 1 and 2 and now I am very excited about the third game but I fear it might be a failure if they don't do it right.
Your thoughts?

Level 35
I didn't like red alert because of it's way screwed up graphics and because a buildings could be killed with two shots, etc. But the storyline is awesome, so if they'll make RA with Tiberium Wars graphics (or better) it will really own.

Level 14
bears... hmm first dolphins and squids now bears. and wait a second thsoe dont look mindcontrolled why woyuld they be riding a bear if its not MINDCONTROLLED.

Level 13
bears... hmm first dolphins and squids now bears. and wait a second thsoe dont look mindcontrolled why woyuld they be riding a bear if its not MINDCONTROLLED.
Here is a better question! Who the hell in their right mind puts Electric weapons on ships!?

Level 34
Here is a better question! Who the hell in their right mind puts Electric weapons on ships!?

Hmm I dunno.. Maybe water guides electricity.. Hmm maybe.. Maybe it's like

Boat: *Zaps*
Water: *Zap*
Enemy: *Zap*
Crew of Boat: *Zap*
Everything that is actually in the water: *Zap*

o_O

Level 6
Psh...personally i dont know how people think Command and Conquer is fun, i find it irritating and stressful. and in truth, the only thing that is improving about rts games is graphics, i'd say Red alert three is gonna suck like every other rts does to me, but you guys shall say it kicks ass...seriusly, i dont understand how C&C is fun.

Level 34
Psh...personally i dont know how people think Command and Conquer is fun, i find it irritating and stressful. and in truth, the only thing that is improving about rts games is graphics, i'd say Red alert three is gonna suck like every other rts does to me, but you guys shall say it kicks ass...seriusly, i dont understand how C&C is fun.

Oh, just shut up, necroposter-wannabe.

You just suck at RTS and strategy games.

Level 19
Grade A Kill must hate Wc3 also then. He already said he hated Starcraft II so he is probably right that he hates all the RTPs games that exist.
Grade A Kill, it is a matter of taste. Some love power games and some don't deal with it.

Last edited:
Level 36
It's not really a necropost since I believe the thread isn't old enough to be classified as such.

But seriously, Red Alert was great fun as a strategy game, because it requires you to actually have STRATEGY.

You play custom games. Most custom games aren't really about strategy, especially not to the level of melee games. If you played melee games, you'd like other RTS games, because that's the purpose, micromanagement, resource management, strategy.

Level 19
I always loved to use smart strategies to make the game more enjoyable also to try to defeat my opponents off-guard, hard and swiftly.
Like massing chiro ships and attack from different angles so he can't consintrade his firepower.

Level 6
Grade A Kill must hate Wc3 also then. He already said he hated Starcraft II so he is probably right that he hates all the RTPs games that exist.
Grade A Kill, it is a matter of taste. Some love power games and some don't deal with it.

Red, the only strategy games worth playing is Sudden Strike 2 RWM, Supreme commander, and im gonna loot into Medeival 2 total war. i hate all other strategy games because of the cheap ass unrealsitic gameplay.

today im playing WC3 and while my army is off killing creeps, my enemy built 6 Defence towers right outside my base, and had demolishers destroying my base from afar. what the hell do you guys think is ok about having a base built right outside yours so you cant attack the seige equipent attacking you? how irritating and stressful. i quit playing normal skirmishes, its only custom games from now on.

In SS2 RWM i lose because some guy got higher ground and flanked me at the same time. thats not irritating, its a flank, its good strategy, one time i was circled completly, too bad i didn't find that out until i was in retreat : )
these aren't irritating, they are good tactics, unlike building watchtowers outside is spawn point. (there are only reinforcements in SS2) I guess you guys have never played a good strategy game.

in command and conquer 3 i lose because some guy masses 50 mammoth tanks, how will red alert 3 be any different?

Last edited:
Level 11
You should really stop posting in these threads if you don't like the content of these games... *Takes a breath*

Okay, WHY are you comparing WC3 to supcom and mtw2?, mtw is turn based, supcom is more like sins of a solar empire, which is only real time in the fact you take no turns, wc3 is way faster then those....and what is sudden strike? :O

protip: games arent realistic deal with it!

On a less agrumentative note: i respect your tastes, and as such i don't feel like pursuing the matter more, just thought i should interject this.

These games are so 'cheap' because people have designed strategies to help them win in the fastest time (rushing of any kind), can you blame them? why would you want to sit in a game for hours when you can finish it in 30minutes? Regardless, there are many Rts's, you cannot judge a genre based on a couple of games, you found some you like, there are bound to be more, give new games a chance, at least download a demo and play it before blowing it off, otherwise you are being ridiculous.

/end

Level 34
Red, the only strategy games worth playing is Sudden Strike 2 RWM, Supreme commander, and im gonna loot into Medeival 2 total war. i hate all other strategy games because of the cheap ass unrealsitic gameplay.
You suck at lore.
today im playing WC3 and while my army is off killing creeps, my enemy built 6 Defence towers right outside my base, and had demolishers destroying my base from afar. what the hell do you guys think is ok about having a base built right outside yours so you cant attack the seige equipent attacking you? how irritating and stressful. i quit playing normal skirmishes, its only custom games from now on.
You suck at Wc3.

in command and conquer 3 i lose because some guy masses 50 mammoth tanks, how will red alert 3 be any different?
It's always like that, learn2play. I once massed engineers and won.

Level 6
You suck at lore.

You suck at Wc3.

It's always like that, learn2play. I once massed engineers and won.

ok, you know what, i was about to drop the whole thing until this, WTF IS UP WITH YOU?!? YOU WON BY MASSING ENGINEERS, I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS!!! How the hell do you like that game, rts games are freaken retarded now, only 3 rts games were good in the first place but still, Learn2play by massing engineers?!? SCREW THAT!!!

Cheap ass, Stupid, Incredebly unrealistic, complete idiocy, and massing units is all strategy games are then? I dont get it, you think a realistic game sucks why? because you cant mass 1 unit type armies and win? maybe you suck horribly at them. Maybe your too used to cheap ass unrealistic strategies that you cant switch to realistic strategies.

Realistic games dont last forever by the way, one multi-player game at SS2 RWM lasted 20 minutes, thats too long?

Level 19
I've never been a fan of realistic games because they are kind of boring because of the many boundaries. In unrealistic games you can be more free which gives you additional options to choose from.
In StarCraft Zerg units were able to walk/fly in space but I am fine with that because they are only aliens. They don't have to use oxygen to live. Protoss use telepathic links to communicate with each other...
Who really cares? The game is designed for being fun not realistically which often means you have to remove a lot of the realistic stuff.

Level 6
im not talking about that type of unrealism, i dont give .01 of a rats ass if Zerg can live in Space, its the combat and gameplay that pisses me off ><
Lets keep the arguing out now, im tired of arguing, no one understands the points im trying to make.

and besides, what kind of realistic games have you ever played red?

Level 19
I haven't played those games for years now so how am I supposed to know that? I only play Wc3 and StarCraft so me dunno...
Edit: I especially don't like FPS games where your aim isn't perfect.

Last edited:
Level 12
How would you like an rts to be in order to make it fun for you? :3

Level 6
In war, you don't have time to think of realistic strategy, it's mass of being massed.

That makes absolutly no sense, in war you have to strategize, and the strategies used in Real war are realistic because they dont build alota engineers, capture and sell the enemy base : )

Of course they have time, in WW II they probebly had a days to think about what they wanted to do. and its not just massing, what happened at the battle of El Alamain, mass tanks and charge? no, i saw the battle map and it was mostly based on movement, angle of attack n such. not mass, charge, win.

Level 34
Yeah but it was still a bit flawed, like they accidently sended the 1337 soldiers to Ohama beach instead of the [name] beach all the way west. They didn't bombed the beaches correctly and the paratroopers were kinda misplaced, but still, they just had 10.000 KIA's.

Level 19
The Americans were foolish to not sail closer to the shores so their tanks could land instead of sinking to the bottom of the ocean. The British and the Russians were the cool dudes in ww2.
anyways back to topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.