• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Red Alert 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
In RA:
- Shock Trooper
- Tesla Coil
- Tesla Tank

In RA2:
- Tesla Trooper
- Tesla Coil
- Russian Double-barreled Tesla Tank
- Paris Tower (if you played the Sov campaign, you'll know what I'm talking about)

EA fucked up C&C, that's true.

And Grade to Kill, what can you know about realism in battle? Have you ever been in a tank?

Level 5
That makes absolutly no sense, in war you have to strategize, and the strategies used in Real war are realistic because they dont build alota engineers, capture and sell the enemy base : )

Of course they have time, in WW II they probebly had a days to think about what they wanted to do. and its not just massing, what happened at the battle of El Alamain, mass tanks and charge? no, i saw the battle map and it was mostly based on movement, angle of attack n such. not mass, charge, win.

Umm the there was a lot of lack of strategy on both sides during WW2.
Read some Facts about operation market garden and you will understand what I mean. many airborne's died in vain due to a lack of communication and strategy during that operation. Another example is D-day.

Level 34
I like the Kirov ships and those new Allied planes already!

I see also that the flak boats got machineguns now. Maybe old unitsounds (or it's just a little prank) and uhm. Looks really awesome.

Level 17
Two words:
ARMORED BEARS.
Oh, my, god. I didn't like the idea of gay dolphins humping my ships, but when I read armored bears are getting in to the game I laughed so hard but then I realized it wasn't an april's fool joke. I love the rest of the game though. It looks awesome and I think EA managed to create a very nice web site and promotional posters. I didn't like C&C3 that much but it looks like RA3 is going to bring back the glory for C&C.

Level 34
BearCavalry.jpg

Level 12
i give every rts a chance, it always ends in dissapointment. But seriusly, if games were more realistic they would be better, now if you played a realistic game you'ld understand, but you never have i bet.

None of the games you listed were even realistic Einstein.

RTS stands for "Real time strategy" It has nothing to do with being realistic. Gameplay matters in RTS, supcom is a large spamming game(as I call it) Fun but very massy.

Realistic isn't what makes a game good, also for you other people, just because a new game thats continuing from 8+ years ago, doesnt mean only the graphics are better, thats Very much ignorance. C&C 3 though is a exception, half the game they focused on graphics, they were in it for the money, EA is wanting to make RA3 right, thats why we arn't seeing C&C 3 type of graphics.

Also for a reply to one of the first 10 posts, C&C was made in the early 90s idiot... No game even had 3D yet, only 2D.

Good game play=success
Focusing on graphics=Fails
Ignorant opinions=Fails
Ignorance=fails

None of the games you listed were even realistic Einstein.

RTS stands for "Real time strategy" It has nothing to do with being realistic. Gameplay matters in RTS, supcom is a large spamming game(as I call it) Fun but very massy.

Realistic isn't what makes a game good, also for you other people, just because a new game thats continuing from 8+ years ago, doesnt mean only the graphics are better, thats Very much ignorance. C&C 3 though is a exception, half the game they focused on graphics, they were in it for the money, EA is wanting to make RA3 right, thats why we arn't seeing C&C 3 type of graphics.

Also for a reply to one of the first 10 posts, C&C was made in the early 90s idiot... No game even had 3D yet, only 2D.

Good game play=success
Focusing on graphics=Fails
Ignorant opinions=Fails
Ignorance=fails

Don't mind Grade A Kill, he keeps complaining about video games not being realistic and having absolutly terrible arguments to back himself up.

Though I agree. Also, the first truly 3d RTS was Total Annihilation released in 1997. Supreme Commander is it's "spiritual successor"

Status
Not open for further replies.