• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Received rep amount indication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
We all know that people over certain amounts of reputation deal out more than one reputation points to the people they rep. As far as I'm concerned, you should add a setting to show the amount of reputation received from a certain member, visible in the "latest reputation received" bar in people's user profile. Same with negrep. People should see how much negrep they got for breaking the rules. There should be either a larger variety of colored gems indicating the amount of received rep, or there should be a new coloumn installed, that looks like this:

repbar.jpg

Level 4
I agree with this idea as well. I agree with it SO much in fact, that I'm going to plus rep you.

But how much rep did I give you?! One or two? You'll be lying awake at night for hours wondering! Muhahahahahahaha!

Level 14
brad.dude03 said:
You gave him one because you have no repping power. Technically you should not be able to give him any since your rep is below 10, but the system is broken.
No, actually, that's how it's supposed to be.

Anyways, the idea is mediocre. When your options for rep are +1 to +4, you can always tell how much you're getting from each person. (You can do the math if you really care) I guess if you're that terrible at adding, maybe it'd be useful. I'll see what Ralle thinks about it, since this has a lot of public support but I find it rather silly. :p

Level 35
Anyways, the idea is mediocre. When your options for rep are +1 to +4, you can always tell how much you're getting from each person. (You can do the math if you really care) I guess if you're that terrible at adding, maybe it'd be useful. I'll see what Ralle thinks about it, since this has a lot of public support but I find it rather silly. :p

You're right, but it could also give information to the other users. The guys who don't know how much reputation another user had before he got repped. I'm not suggesting this because I can't add.

Level 14
zombie2279 said:
You're right, but it could also give information to the other users. The guys who don't know how much reputation another user had before he got repped. I'm not suggesting this because I can't add.
Ultimately I just have to ask the following: Why does it matter? Why do you need to track how much rep someone else has? We'll still consider the idea, I just think that it isn't useful. It's more like: "Yay, I can read a number that means nothing!"

Level 35
Ultimately I just have to ask the following: Why does it matter? Why do you need to track how much rep someone else has? We'll still consider the idea, I just think that it isn't useful. It's more like: "Yay, I can read a number that means nothing!"

Don't add it then, it was just a suggestion. Looking at the other posts, people could find a use for it, but it's totally yours and the rest of the staff's to decide if it will be added or not.

Level 14
Of course, but we'll still consider it. If it's a trivial thing to add, we may as well add it. Not like it hurts anyone. I'm just trying to get a feel for the value of it so I can gauge if it's worth whatever time Ralle has to put in to make it.

Level 22

Not everything have to matter. Like:
Why has the hive Night elf skin? Wouldnt it be much easier just to have it all blank.
And you dont really need smileys.
And img options, i mean comeon, who would like ever, post an image! They can just describe it!

No. Some things, can just be there. They dont need particular reason.
Same goes for rep. Why are they gems, and not just a number? Wee i can see, that means nothing?

Level 14
TheBloodDancer said:
Not everything have to matter. Like:
Why has the hive Night elf skin? Wouldnt it be much easier just to have it all blank.
And you dont really need smileys.
And img options, i mean comeon, who would like ever, post an image! They can just describe it!
Did you even read what I said?
Rising_Dusk said:
I'm just trying to get a feel for the value of it so I can gauge if it's worth whatever time Ralle has to put in to make it.
Smileys, built-in themes, and images are all incredibly simple to implement. They're so simple, in fact, that they come built into vB. Whoever made the initial smileys and theme made what they liked, and it was implemented because it's unfathomably easy to do so.

I'm trying to do a cost analysis here and you're making analogies that are beyond disproportionate and don't even make sense. Have some tact here, man, look at the big picture. If the implementation requires deep hacking of vB for something as ridiculous as a +1 next to a rep in your profile, then it's not worth it. If Ralle has to change 6 lines of code for it to work, then sure, let's do it.

Level 4
You gave him one because you have no repping power. Technically you should not be able to give him any since your rep is below 10, but the system is broken.

Thanks for poking a huge hole in my in my balloon of happiness.

I will now retreat to the depths of the forums until a time comes when I have found the appropriate portions of duct tape to repair my balloon again. *vanishes*

Level 27
While I don't actually know how rep is stored, I know that it is often canceled. This leads me to believe that rep entries are stored with the value given at the time of repping.

If I am correct, adding a column to the output is trivial.

But what about for contest rewards? 40 rep gems in one column would be overdoing it, don't you think?

I was going to do it like this:

1 rep = 1 green
2 rep = 2 green
3 rep = 3 green
4 rep = 4 green
5 rep = 1 blue
6 rep = 2 blue
7 rep = 3 blue
8 rep = 4 blue
9+ rep = 1 white

I'd combine the images so that for the 4 green one, the greens would be about the same size as the current rainbow ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.