• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another neg rep and warning suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Well, this just kinda popped up in my brain when I was browsing some other forum that had some noob problems.

Since rep can be hidden and mod usually give warnings through neg rep, what if the mods could instead give warnings. Some kind of bar will show up below the user's rep and the user should not be able to hide this bar. When a mod gives a warning, This bar would fill up and it is up to the mod on how much "warning" the user would receive. If this bar is filled up, the user would be temporarily/permanently banned. If the user does not receive any warnings after XX days, the warning will slowly disappear.

Oh and when a mod gives a warning, neg rep could be given with it too.

So, what do you guys think? Would this be a good alternative?

Level 6
Well, this just kinda popped up in my brain when I was browsing some other forum that had some noob problems.

Since rep can be hidden and mod usually give warnings through neg rep, what if the mods could instead give warnings. Some kind of bar will show up below the user's rep and the user should not be able to hide this bar. When a mod gives a warning, This bar would fill up and it is up to the mod on how much "warning" the user would receive. If this bar is filled up, the user would be temporarily/permanently banned. If the user does not receive any warnings after XX days, the warning will slowly disappear.

Oh and when a mod gives a warning, neg rep could be given with it too.

So, what do you guys think? Would this be a good alternative?

Another design below my rep that's a good idea..

Also if i will troll in the hive i will get NOT banned!!! hooo.. so if my bar is at 50% i will stop trolling then wait until it gets to zero then TROLL AGAIN!!

Level 23
Something like this:
untitled.jpg

If you get 100% warning, you get temp/perma ban or some kind of consequence.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I usually sent warnings through negative reputation too, then moved on to infractions if it got serious or the violation gets constant. If the user's reputation is disabled, then I jump to infractions to start with. It was better to have reputation enabled as I'd only use infractions in extreme cases^^

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They already have such a system called infractions. if you receive too many infraction points (10?) you are banned until they are reduced below the amount. They seldom are used in such a way as a lot of people who do behave badly get banned out right after the warnings because they committed such atrocious crimes.

They already have such a system called infractions. if you receive too many infraction points (10?) you are banned until they are reduced below the amount. They seldom are used in such a way as a lot of people who do behave badly get banned out right after the warnings because they committed such atrocious crimes.

2 infraction points are enough to ban someone. However, we give 10 points if we really want them to feel it in the butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.