• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Complaints? and Rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
mmk well some wierd rules have been coming up on this site that I think I should be allowed to voice my opinion here.

first I REALLY would like to know who is complaining about this stuff like colored text and disabling rep.

I mean is it just ONE? user or is it multiple becuase I would be pretty ticked to find out it was just one or two favorite users that complain about this stuff. If anything you can quote the PM's they sent you without there names acourse.

Another thing I wan't to get off my mind is the rep I mean yes there will be noobs who just wan't free rep. Yes there will be noobs that just wan't neg rep but when your limiting the ability rep to 5-6 people that pretty low numbers espicly when there tons of good users out there for example. Werewolf helped me with my marine texture well aleast the layout so I wanted to rep her OW WAIT I can't becuase users are not allowed to lol. I mean what am I going to do ask a mod to rep her for something that she did for me? I don't think the mods would like to be spammed with 200 pms of people requesting to rep someone else.(yea yea last part was a bit of ranting..)

But my real question is probaly yea who is doing the complaining and is there more then just one person.

Level 24
I have no idea, but no one would complain to me, because everyone hates me since I give lots of -rep to everyone.

As for rep, yea well if people just ask each other for rep or abuse it or whatever I just give them a lot of -rep, but then I don't know if Archian was talking about it being abused in some other way.

Level 45
Some people here act like idiots, a whole group of them, and when they got neg repped they just bloody re-repped eachother.

and i dont really care about rep but its nice to know you were thankful, thnx for that.

and that colour thing, well people use different boards, and we shouldnt have to highlight text or change our board just because someone thinks posting in colours makes them cool or thinks it grabs peoples attention.

When you post, you should make the no.1 priority for it to be easily read, not give it green colours or such on a white bg or black text on a darker board.

Level 8
Well yea it dosen't bug me about the text rule but from what scources I got info off of it was more of a personal attack on a particular somone(just rumors...). It would be nice if somone posted PM's of the complaints so we can have some REAL evedence that there really where complaints. Becuase I seen stuff like this go on sites and it turns out it just happened to be like the site owner's "Best Friend" or something like that.

Level 36
Indeed.... it seems like a personal attack as I only know one person who writes fully in a certain colour of text.... with the exception of one other user who is no longer active here... the rep situation, I suppose is reasonable, because people just re-rep eachother, even though there are limits created by the system so that you can only give rep to a person once and then have to give it to several other people before returning to that person, and you can only give out so much rep, too, so i dunno how these neg rep noobs are cheating the system....

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, I still don't see the general patrolling of all forums to see who's helping the community.

However, perhaps there should be more respected members if that's what they deserve. But since more people are being chosen to moderators, I guess we'll stay tunned for now.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well, I still don't see the general patrolling of all forums to see who's helping the community.

However, perhaps there should be more respected members if that's what they deserve. But since more people are being chosen to moderators, I guess we'll stay tunned for now.
I give reputation in my respective sections when I see fit. And I do give out reputation.

So as long as moderators of each section do their part, things should be fine.

And also, rep is given when someone is helpful/shows something good. And a lot of people with negatives just troll the off topic section, so they do nothing that could provoke the increase.

No sane moderator would give reputation for a "funny" youtube link, or for someone who says "it ma birfdai tooorrow lol." And nobody deserves reputation in those cases either.

This is why repping has been disabled for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
There's a reason why it's called Private Messages.
I won't make the user names of those who've been complaning viewable for the rest of this community or for just one person who simply wish to know their names. Still, if you wish to see some of the members who've been complaining I suggest you take a look or do some research at some of the forum boards, there are viewable posts which you can read at various places (not saying that any of those users were the ones to complain in a PM).

To the user(s) who believe that it was a *personal attack* against another user when we create a new rule, which concerns the issue of users wraping the whole content of their posts with color tags:
I must admit, that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of (no offense). It's absurd... Hopefully we don't have any members like that, or do we? In that case, I think they need some professional help... Seriously...

This is a forum web-community folks! There are certain rules which should be observed. Deal with it!

Level 8
Yea lol...I even stated on my first post you don't have to mention any names just quotes. I mean if you searsly got alot of complaints about it then so be it won't bother talking about it again. Yes I know this is your site and you can do as you please but if you own a store and feel like making meat 10.00$ a pound would that attract more customers or keep the customers that you have staying? I mean campaigns has never had any problems like this and I aleast hanged around the site when it was first new.

Edit: ow and I know its a web-community we the community are just voicing are opinions :).

Level 16
I dont see why you guys are complaining about the fully colored posts, I havent been here very long but I dont remember any of you guys post in full color... I'd understand more where this is coming from if shados would be here complaining.

I for one am glad that the rule excist. I dont like it when people post everything in color (and no, i havent complained about that, dont lynch me :) )

Level 36
Shados tried to complain remember... he got shut down when Archian edited all of his posts to be in standard black colours. Malufa, as well, used to colour in ALL dark green writing. Good man, he was, always fixing others grammar. I don't see why you have anything against those that write in all colour... I just don't see the point... if you can't read it, then get your eyes checked, because even against the black of the Ralle dark theme I find it easy to read...

Level 45
Yes, and i know at least 1 colour blind person here (or so he says) and i suspect another dude, but he could be lying.

Seriously, it harder for me to read, strains my eyes and there was also another person who posted in full colour about a footy map (i wont say hes name) but he after the rule came in he re-edited hes posts.

And i have trouble seeing red, yellow, orange and pink on white. (im very sure thats the same with alot of people) and not everyone views the site with Ralle-Dark.

If we have multiple themes that are all different colours, its common sense to put the no full colour wrap rule.
-IMHO

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Ralle himself put me into this position. He appointed me to deal with the community/forum related issues aswell as the resource submissions. It's become my responsibility.

It's not that easy being a leader, every decision I/we (the admins) make have consequences and with every decision we make, some users may always disagree. When you're a leader over a big community which the Hive has become, very few choices we make are simple. It will always be like this with some people who cannot reach agreement. But we as admins have to pick a *side* at some point. We have to make a final decision to reach a conclusion concerning the *choosen rules* which becomes valid for the rest of the community.

We've needed to create new strict rules & guidelines for the community, who's got so many members (sadly there are many who violate the rules) and each rule should/will be heavily enforced.
The admins must maintain a huge comprehensive view over the entire site. There will always be some people who disagree with our jugdement of things.

I close this thread now, because there is no reason to continue this discussion. However, if anyone have any suggestions for changes, then please stop complaining about the rules we made but give us some relevant ideas/suggestions for changes instead, thanks.
Make a suggestions thread or something... I'm getting rather tired of this...

~Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.